Autopsy Roast & Toast vs GWS, Rd 3 2019, & changes for Port

Best players vs GWS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, you couldn't of written much a worse script for the the first three rounds.

Who would of thought Lynch would be playing without Martin, Cotchin, Rance and Jack by round 4? Might have a panic attack this week and this he's back at the Gold Coast.

All jokes aside, we might unearth some new leaders, and hopefully some new additions to our best 22, which might makes us stronger when they're all back (except for rance) later in the year.

Bring in Townsend and keep in the middle all game. He's the sort of character who might unleash in a game such as this. Would be good to see Ross as well.

Not confident this week obviously, but this is the 22 I'd go with.

B: Vlastuin Astbury Grimes
HB: Broad Garthwaite Houli
C: Macintosh Prestia Edwards
HF: Caddy Balta Rioli
FF: Bolton Lynch Higgins

R: Nankervis Graham Lambert
INT: Castagna Stack Markov Townsend

That midfield mix lacks a lot of class, but we don't have much choice. We are going to have to play hard and ugly and brutal with a lot of grunt to have any chance.

I think I'd prefer to keep Balta down back working with Grimes and Astbury, and drop Garth back.

Balta has the speed and athleticism to play the intercepting Rance-type role (obviously not to Rances level), whereas Garth is more of a lockdown Astbury clone.

Could even throw a debut game at Coleman-Jones to play forward-ruck so we could settle Balta in defence all game long

Eh, we’ll get back on track at some stage this year. Get Cotch, Martin, and Riewoldt back by around Anzac Eve, with the additions of Caddy, Grimes, Houli and we’ll still be up there. Just need to stay reasonably healthy from here on in, I have faith in this team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

giphy.gif

Funnily enough having all the injuries and suspensions is making me more interested, looking forward to seeing how the second tier midfielders go carrying the load.

Last season was a bit boring for me.

Lol I’d prefer to be bored

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there was supposed to be a comma in there so it reads:

When a side is losing, the supporters ....
Sorry my grammar was shocking in that post.

I didn’t mean losing supporters I meant when a team is losing, supporters will almost always put the coach in the firing line.

Unfortunately Richmond supporters are amongst the worst at calling for the coaches head.

Thanks tugga that’s exactly what I meant.
Let's_20Eat_20Kids_20Punctuation_20Saves_20Lives_20T-Shirt_original.jpg :devil::)

I've had time to di-sect this without having a meltdown. We're hit with injuries, bad form and an inability to sort out this 6-6-6 business, and that last issue is what worries me the most because teams have now found a way through our structure. I think Saturday's game was the first I can recall since 2016 where we defended by kicking sideways and/or backwards. At our best we always went forwards-always!
So, either we've fallen back on old habits, or we have a new strategy (which isn't working), or we're locked down by the opposition set ups. The opening up of play with the 6-6-6 law means we aren't able to choke down the centre stoppages and just grind the opposition down with lots of little knock-ons and handballs....keeping the ball moving forward until we find a hole where we rush the ball forward.
At the moment the whole system of football strategy is changing and ours isn't coping.
In regards to the players...
Under the microscope...... The injured players plus- Castagna, he hasn't shown anything since the premiership year...shocking disposal, flying for speccies and trying for the check side kick far too often.
Butler stays in because I think he's the one player who still causes trouble to defenders when we're up and running...he's clever but doesn't get a lot of the ball. But goes under the radar...I know that comment wont be popular with a lot of posters here.
Ellis stays because I don't think we have anyone who can step in straight away- unfortunately.
Markov- stays in. He's a natural half forward being taught defensive skills but will come in handy in the forward line over the season.
Graham- simply out of form but still handy.
Here's how I'd pick them
Grimes for Short, Caddy for Cotch, Bolton for Castagna, Ross for Martin...but named as I/C.
While our stocks are low at the moment, the results of other games all look haphazard and there's still a lot of time for us to get our full squad back on the field (minus Rance) and put together a run towards the finals.
Rance is the biggest loss and we'll really feel it when we play teams with gorillas in the forward line, like the Eagles, Geelong, Adelaide etc.
But at the very worst, we will have blooded a new batch of kids. It's that new batch that will take us back to the top. In Lynch we have a top line forward- not as smart a footballer as Riewoldt but he will prove to be very handy...lets hope it's this season.

I like it. I have a feeling Broad is out also, which means CCJ should get a shot. Playing through forward ruck allows Balta play in the backline..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back