Autopsy Roast & Toast vs GWS, Rd 3 2019, & changes for Port

Best players vs GWS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Again I never claimed he was a match winner just that he is one of a group of experienced players missing from last years side that finished 2 games clear on top. If you take 8 experienced players out of any side at the same time it's not surprise to see them struggle yet people on here seem to be losing their minds about the current situation.
Well it's just shown to people who couldn't see it last year that our depth is non existent and that the team becomes bottom 4 without a couple of players

Honestly I reckon bottom 6.
Shit just happens sometimes.
Just want to get games into Naish, Bolton, balta, stack, Ross etc etc
It can turn around very quickly. Our window hasn't closed, but it's shut this year.
I actually think this was the last chance before it closed for a while. Our best players are all old and from the same few drafts so will all fall around the same time. Also most teams only get 2-3 years at the top and then fall, unless you're one of the all time great teams which we most certainly are not. This would have been our 3rd year.

I actually think this was the last chance before it closed for a while. Our best players are all old and from the same few drafts so will all fall around the same time. Also most teams only get 2-3 years at the top and then fall, unless you're one of the all time great teams which we most certainly are not. This would have been our 3rd year.
Sadly, I agree, but I was trying to be a little bit positive.
don't get me wrong. I will be forever indebted to my club for the joy it gave me in 2017 and for almost all of 2018, but our reign at the top has come to an end. I hope it's not three decades until the next one, because I probably won't be around to see it.
Although I am glad it happened.

We absolutely are
The red flag for me was that last night especially our players when in possession genuinely didn't seem to know what to do with the ball, that is a big worry and doesn't inspire much confidence.

Let's face it, against the Blues for three quarters we pretty much had our best side on the park and things didn't click then either. Now minus stars and alot of others out of form there just doesn't seem to be any semblance of a game.plan whereas the last two seasons there clearly has been.

Again I never claimed he was a match winner just that he is one of a group of experienced players missing from last years side that finished 2 games clear on top. If you take 8 experienced players out of any side at the same time it's not surprise to see them struggle yet people on here seem to be losing their minds about the current situation.

So what’s your point? If it makes no difference if he’s in the side or not why bring it up?

don't get me wrong. I will be forever indebted to my club for the joy it gave me in 2017 and for almost all of 2018, but our reign at the top has come to an end. I hope it's not three decades until the next one, because I probably won't be around to see it.
I hope so too but as much as we love the club, it hasn't done anything to earn any faith that this won't be the last flag I see, and I'm not particularly old

I hope so too but as much as we love the club, it hasn't done anything to earn any faith that this won't be the last flag I see, and I'm not particularly old
The comp is so even now. It's what the AFL wanted and to be honest I like it.
We'll be OK.

As the dust settles on our defeat by one of our traditional rivals, the GWS Giants, it appears that throwing in the towel is the overriding reaction by this board.
I guess that being one game and percentage out of the eight and only nineteen games to play makes it mathematically impossible to play finals.
Yes, we are right up against it with Rance and Reiwoldt out and Cotchin and Martin likely to join them, Short and possibly Rioli as well.
Yesterday we lost to a very good side at their home ground and although we fell away late we were in the game for a while, that indicates to me that the effort, generally, is there. The skill execution is not.
I will always have a place in my heart for Dan Butler, Brandon Ellis, George Castagna and Jack Graham because they helped deliver a Richmond premiership when I thought that I'd never see one again in my lifetime.
That, of course, doesn't mean that they are exempt from criticism, dropping, trading or delisting, however, they should be free from vilification and calls to "ruin their lives" because they are out of form or past it.
Some positives from yesterday were, Sydney Stack, this kid has what it takes, Tom Lynch, shit service and kicked four while still underdone, Balta got some valuable experience and a few like Higgins, Astbury, Vlaustin and Graham can't play much worse.
Special mention to KMac who has elevated his game.
Hopefully, Cotch isn't too bad and Caddy, Grigg and Houli are back soon.
Port over there are a tough ask, not unbeatable if we show more resilience than this board!

Spot on. Thank you for this reality check amongst the shitposting and melts that is the RFC bigfooty board today. :thumbsu:

Well it's just shown to people who couldn't see it last year that our depth is non existent and that the team becomes bottom 4 without a couple of players
8 of last years best 22 is a bit more than just a couple of players especially when included in those missing is our gun KPD, KPF, best rebounding defender, best mid sized forward plus some handy role players.
So what’s your point? If it makes no difference if he’s in the side or not why bring it up?
You're right Conca leaving on his own didn't make a difference to how we all thought the season would pan our but when you add him to the group of those missing from what was our best 22 at the end of last year, it should't be a shock to find ourselves in the position we're in. The point was to show that things aren't as bad as they seem, we'll get all but 2 of that group back, 1 because of a season ending injury and the other because he left. Which makes me believe that we will get better as the season unfolds.

With our growing injury list and forced outs this week, dropping the likes of Ellis, butler and George is premature.
Love em or hate them, they're experienced and know our game style.
Wait for stability in 5 or 6 weeks then look at them.
Don’t agree , we actually had a decent qty of i50 , 58 only a few less than gws , however aPart from lynch and Rioli , we made hard work of scoring. Caddy will be an inclusion. I’d love to give CCJ a go , prob won’t happen. It would change us up considerably from current setup that is not scoring . Dimma should watch his little mate Clarko for how he changes things up utilising what he has at his disposal

Couldn't agree more, which is why, with so many significant outs, I can't fathom the anger that surrounds a loss.
Plus, this season ain't over yet as it may still fall our way.
I'll still be around to see our next flag... I may be 150 years old though!
We'll be OK.
Been saying this for a while, the AFL wants a season were every team finishes 11-11 and 1st and 18th are seperated by less than 10%!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t agree , we actually had a decent qty of i50 , 58 only a few less than gws , however aPart from lynch and Rioli , we made hard work of scoring. Caddy will be an inclusion. I’d love to give CCJ a go , prob won’t happen. It would change us up considerably from current setup that is not scoring . Dimma should watch his little mate Clarko for how he changes things up utilising what he has at his disposal

I reckon ccj will play this week

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Out: Short, Cotch, Butler, Castagna and Ellis
In: Caddy, Bolton, Ross, Naish and Menadue/Baker/Arts (depending on match-ups)

Oh...and Kudos to Stark, Lynch and Balta.

I would say if you play well in a grand final in front of 100,000 people. Your doing good..
Pretty much every Premiership team has a few average players that play their role in a team structure.
Doesn’t make them stars, just good at doing what is needed.
When they are no longer performing that role they can become a liability.
They may not be able to perform because of a lack of form or the game structure has changed or is no longer effective.
We can’t get all misty eyed that they played in a Premiership if they are no longer an effective part of the team.

We'll be OK.
The competition is only eve
8 of last years best 22 is a bit more than just a couple of players especially when included in those missing is our gun KPD, KPF, best rebounding defender, best mid sized forward plus some handy role players.

You're right Conca leaving on his own didn't make a difference to how we all thought the season would pan our but when you add him to the group of those missing from what was our best 22 at the end of last year, it should't be a shock to find ourselves in the position we're in. The point was to show that things aren't as bad as they seem, we'll get all but 2 of that group back, 1 because of a season ending injury and the other because he left. Which makes me believe that we will get better as the season unfolds.
We haven't been missing 8 best 22 players for any game yet, and we look shit. Round 1 we were only missing caddy conca and Grigg and we still looked completely shit. Most of the players we are missing are fringe or on the edge of retirement. If we don't have the depth to replace 2-3 quality players and a few fringe players we don't deserve to make finals and are a bad team.

Ellis and George aren't under the pump. Buttler yes. I'm not a fan of Bolton but if he replaced him I wouldn't stress. Caddy if fit will be massive, and Grimes back is huge.

Back