Autopsy Roast & Toast vs GWS, Rd 3 2019, & changes for Port

Best players vs GWS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If we beat Port and go 2 and 2 suddenly our season is not as bad as it seems. I know it's only round 3 but it's do or die this week.

****me!
Dimma and co say nothing and it's "why not whinge like Clarko and do something"... say something and it's "why are you whinging, keep it to yourself"
Unfortunately for Dimma we’re losing. When a side is losing the supporters (especially Richmond supporters) always put the coach in the firing line. It’s just the way it is.

It sucks for him but right now he’s the face of Richmond. Goes with the territory.

Yeah Dimma worried about taggers and umpires get on with it part of the game , him and his coaching mob haven't set the world on fire this year not impressed at all.
I haven't minded the positional changes they've made. Weller to backline, Sheds to backline, Nank up fwd, And a few games into Markov, Weller, Ellis, Garth is a chance to see if they are good at AFL level.

Unfortunately for Dimma we’re losing. When a side is losing the supporters (especially Richmond supporters) always put the coach in the firing line. It’s just the way it is.

It sucks for him but right now he’s the face of Richmond. Goes with the territory.

losing supporters? there's no reason for us to lose supporters, the only thing that wouldn't be happening is bandwagoners jumping ship

losing supporters? there's no reason for us to lose supporters, the only thing that wouldn't be happening is bandwagoners jumping ship
I think there was supposed to be a comma in there so it reads:

When a side is losing, the supporters ....

Sorry my grammar was shocking in that post.

I didn’t mean losing supporters I meant when a team is losing, supporters will almost always put the coach in the firing line.

Unfortunately Richmond supporters are amongst the worst at calling for the coaches head.

Thanks tugga that’s exactly what I meant.

Throwing away all our depth basically gives up on this year before it started, we were never going to have zero I juries or players out of form. Other than Ellis, all the players we got rid of would perform better as a permanent midfielder this year than any of the draftees.
Out of the blokes we delisted, do you see anyone that could play full back? Cause I sure as s**t don’t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we are going to put in some carlspoon like performances over the next 4-6 weeks

Good time to give some of our youngsters opportunities.

Looks like Ross would have to get a run this week.

I am inclined to maybe even giving CCJ a go since he apparently is going well in the twos. Port has a few talls, he could rotate with Nank, Lynch can move up the ground a bit to half forward. He is from SA to so his family can watch him play his first match. Could even rest Nank for this match and save him for later.

Its nigh on impossible for us to beat Port with the outs so may as well be productive and try a few things.

Have to remember it will be hard for some of these guys to get an opportunity when some of the others get back so may as well reward them for effort now.

How about this for Round 4?

B: Broad, Astbury, Vlastuin
HB: Stack, Grimes, Houli
C: McIntosh, Ross, Edwards
HF: Caddy, Balta, Higgins
F: Rioli, Lynch, Castagna
R: Nankervis, Prestia, Lambert
Int: Graham, Bolton, Townsend, Baker

OUT: Cotchin (inj), Martin (susp), Short (inj), Garthwaite (needs to build fitness), Markov, Ellis, Butler

IN: Ross, Bolton, Houli, Grimes, Townsend, Caddy, Baker

Personally I'd take Castagna over Butler if I had to pick, at least he can take a leap and mark.

OUT: Cotchin (inj), Martin (susp), Short (inj), Garthwaite (needs to build fitness), Markov, Ellis, Butler

Personally I'd take Castagna over Butler if I had to pick, at least he can take a leap and mark.

Like it.

I would probably put Markov and CCJ in over Bolton and Baker simply because we have enough shorter types especially since Stack is a keeper and Higgins a level above along with Edwards, Lambert, Prestia, Rioli and Houli back

There wont be 7 changes, Garth stays as does Butler and Ellis.

It will be more like

OUT: Cotch, Dusty, Short, Markov

INS: Caddy, Grimes, Houli ( if right to go ), Maybe Ross.

If Houli is not right to go then Markov will stay because Short injury otherwise if Short was fine then Markov would go.

I like it, but I would replace Townsend with Naish. We don’t have much of a defence in that side and Naish has been doing well on the HBF from all reports. We need better ball users and outside run, especially against Port who are a quick side. We’re not going to win this game so we may as well try a few kids.

Plus Townsend is a very ordinary footballer. He had a small purple patch but he regularly gets exposed at AFL level.

Back