No Oppo Supporters 2019 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if anyone has posted this anywhere but I'll put it on this thread.
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/04/10/cummings-west-australian-front-page-embarrassing/

Scott Cummings doing a grovelling public 'job interview' with for Eddie to stay relevant as a commentator going forward as part of the boy's club.
How do you guys see it?

Something needs to be done about the AFL boys club.

If the AFL is serious in its quest to become SJW and espouse the importance of equality, they need to dismantle their very own boys clubs. And by clubs I am talking about the several little exclusive boys clubs that have been set up within the AFL.

Its also very obvious how much pull McGuire really has over the AFL.

It's well known that the board of directors wanted Gil as the new CEO because of how Gil was prepared to be a yes man and not ruin the cosy little club set up by Andy D for his ex-player mates.

Jack Ross debuting Saturday for Richmond

Handy inside mid at U18 level. Fan of him, was hoping we picked him up but went way earlier than expected.

Why do we give prominent numbers like 4 and 6 to absolute spuds.

Jury still out on the 6, he had a bad game but he wasn't alone.

According to you guys our list is full of hacks except for Buddy. Do you suggest then we start with number 50 & onwards when we hand out numbers?

This is becoming a joke now.
I remember Craig Bolton's first few games & wondered then if he was going to make it.
Goodesy had many many bad games among that 300 odd, Jude Bolton, Malceski, Shaw, Mattner, ROK, Crouch, Davis, Barry Hall, etc, etc, etc.
The list goes on. Some will fail like you say but some will go on to be absolute bargains. I hope Thurlow is given the time that C Bolton & Mattner were given to find their feet. We need him to. He had a very bad game but that doesn't mean he can't play.

According to you guys our list is full of hacks except for Buddy. Do you suggest then we start with number 50 & onwards when we hand out numbers?

This is becoming a joke now.
I remember Craig Bolton's first few games & wondered then if he was going to make it.
Goodesy had many many bad games among that 300 odd, Jude Bolton, Malceski, Shaw, Mattner, ROK, Crouch, Davis, Barry Hall, etc, etc, etc.
The list goes on. Some will fail like you say but some will go on to be absolute bargains. I hope Thurlow is given the time that C Bolton & Mattner were given to find their feet. We need him to. He had a very bad game but that doesn't mean he can't play.
Stop being nice , you would have probably clapped them off.

Stop being nice , you would have probably clapped them off.
Well encouragement never harmed anyone who was low on confidence so if it helps, yeah you clap them rather that hurl abuse IMO.
Same on here really. I understand frustration & anger in the heat of the game & just afterwards but a day after it doesn't help address anything Bedders & quite frankly, moping around miserably because of footy is not my thing. Love to chat about it & on what we can do to get better but seriously get bored with discussion about how Tippett cost us player x or player d should have been taken with our first pick instead of player f.
After all this the Dees are still s**t & sit below us on the ladder. There's a good start point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs go looking for free kicks any time they're within a metre of the ball. Really annoying to watch.
This.

Rather than being focused on winning the ball they deliberately DON'T take possession and try to play for an in the back or something until the last chance "flick" (throw).

Rather than being focused on NOT getting tackled they seek contact & play up to the free kick... no doing? Ok, quick "flick" (throw) out or it will get "dislodged" (dropped)..... no whistle, all good.

Well encouragement never harmed anyone who was low on confidence so if it helps, yeah you clap them rather that hurl abuse IMO.
Same on here really. I understand frustration & anger in the heat of the game & just afterwards but a day after it doesn't help address anything Bedders & quite frankly, moping around miserably because of footy is not my thing. Love to chat about it & on what we can do to get better but seriously get bored with discussion about how Tippett cost us player x or player d should have been taken with our first pick instead of player f.
After all this the Dees are still s**t & sit below us on the ladder. There's a good start point.
I've got local footy to fall back on.

Jack Ross debuting Saturday for Richmond

Handy inside mid at U18 level. Fan of him, was hoping we picked him up but went way earlier than expected.

Good call! Loved watching he, Collier-Dawkins and Rowbottom in the U18s. Formidable midfield group and was just glad we got one of them (even if I rated Rowbo third of the lot - no shame in that!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back