Autopsy Vs Crows - Rd 4, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Our mental state in front of goal is a major concern at the moment. There’s not one bloke I’m confident in from a set shot at the moment.

I was very happy with Wood’s overall game last night but when he lines up for goal I’m expecting a miss every time now. Jack isn’t much better. Brown is struggling.

These blokes are all excellent kicks and it is clearly a psychological hurdle. The win will do wonders but something needs to be done to sort this out because it could easily have cost us the game last night and has been happening for a while.
You’re spot on, however a win does wonders for confidence!! Well, I hope

Looking at the stats - turner had 7 tackles which help create pressure in our forward line showing ld keep the doomsayers at bay for a week!!
Anderson 6 tackles - we missed you Jed
Thomas 4 tackles kept forward pressure and will get more comfortable and confident as more games are played.
Zurhaar and Ahern also in the top few.
Three of our top 5 tacklers playing their first games this year.
It made a big difference

Is seems to boil down to something like this... North added out side run capability but somehow didn't adapt or structure the forward line to take delivery of fast moving delivery.

When the team reverted to a hard inside game the players up forward seemed to be more able to deal with the game.

Let's hope they bring this game next Friday.

Can anyone pull the footage of Tex trying to do a Selwood agaisnt Tarrant to get a free?

Is Cunnington getting tagged the best thing that can happen to the north midfield? I’ve always said he’s borderline untaggable, you can’t stop his run because he doesnt have any and there is no one in the comp that has has the hands AND strength that he does.
Cam Ellis is a monster of a bloke, and did keep him quieter during some periods but ben just rolled forward as he shoud and he had nothing.
Free’d up the other mids nicely.

And when they dropped the tag ben made up for lost time.

Also how good was the understated game of dumont. Hardly fumbles and provided outlet after outlet during switches and hitups, was brilliant, has a great composure.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If the club wants more people to show, they should make an attempt to get people their membership, i am the only one of about 20 people I know that got their membership.

If the club wants more people to show, they should make an attempt to get people their membership, i am the only one of about 20 people I know that got their membership.
it still doesnt stop them from going... they would get a replacement ticket from the Membership stand to get in like i did in round 2 and i am a premiership club member and they gave me a ticket to sit on level 2 - NO EXCUSE

it still doesnt stop them from going... they would get a replacement ticket from the Membership stand to get in like i did in round 2 and i am a premiership club member and they gave me a ticket to sit on level 2 - NO EXCUSE

My bother did that, but a lot of people wont. We really need to get our s**t together on and off the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best North play of the year thus far imo. Shrugging off Sloane like that...:oops:

It was Judd-esque. Said it all along. He may never be the mid that we wanted but his core strength is excellent and he's very underrated 1v1. Everyone remembers when Betts tore him a new one, but the reality is Betts has done that to 99% of his opponents over the years (including Thompson on the odd occasion - despite Betts admitting that Thompson is his toughest opponent).

I still remember when he was one out in the goal square with Hartlett and he held him off with 1 hand and then took the mark with the other. That's a great show of strength in a legitimate 1v1 on a strong opponent. If Atley is allowed to stay at HB he could make it into the AA squad - the only thing that holds him back is his confidence. He needs to learn that from Jasper. When Jasper makes an error he doesn't care and he keeps trying. If Atley makes an error he tends to play too conservatively just in case.
Suddenly our half back line looks a lot more dangerous with Atley and Pittard offering valuable rebound. Marley gets one pocket and Tom Murphy the other. JMac and LMac decent depth to cover injuries on either line

They played like they cared. This group are still in process of gelling.

Last edited:
My bother did that, but a lot of people wont. We really need to get our s**t together on and off the field.

It was lucky we got there an hour early for once because the memberships we just received (after buying in jan) didnt scan. Had to line up for twenty mins at the membership tent. Loads of people seemed to be having issues

It's unacceptable, indefensible bullshit.

Always thought Hall must've been a w***er with the way GC managed him but seems like a ripping bloke and can play.
Aaron Hall comes across as a great person. Tarryn in good hands.
Seems like a decent bloke who is enjoying his football and life at a club he chose to come to (which had been courting him.) Who'd a thought intrinsic motivation and a supportive environment would help someone display their best?

Interesting comments about Brad's influence too, with the positive impact his composure had and, at the same time, encouraging the team to get back to the Shinboner Spirit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back