Over exposed AFL identities

Remove this Banner Ad

Same I find him quite annoying. Don't know why. Liked him as a footy player and that's it.

The way he gets talked up by Lyon and Whispy on SEN is absurd, he's portrayed like some free thinking, left of field guru and then he comes on and says a bunch of airy fairy weird s**t and deliberately uses obscure words that most people - at the very least Gary & Tim - dont know the meaning of and you just know he's sitting in the studio with a knowing s**t earing smile on his his face. He's an intellectual big fish in a dried up crusty old dam.

Regarding BT, i dont mind him, doesnt take himself too seriously and he knows how to knock anyone who does down a peg or two.

Does ‘Hame’ still do those cringey interviews with the kids?

Awkward, and amazing he tries to assert his intellectual supremacy over them.

He does, last one i saw he had rhem up in the studio instead of on rhe ground. BT would be more suited to that gig i reckon.

Darcy Pearce. She seems like a lovely person in real life and she is one of the best woman to play the game, but my God is she shoved in anywhere and everywhere.

gotta take advantage of what's given to you after your sports career, these rich sports people still want the big bucks wether they are good at what they do or not, friends in high places do favours

There is money to be made being an “expert”

Gary Lyon ...wife cheater, slow full forward, never won a flag, never coached and yet he’s an expert

Yet he’s the big hitter

And these muppets like John ralph and Tom Morris, they make out that they are some superstar

I’m actually finding the media saturation over the top

I’m watching one footy show this year only the front bar for laughs ..no tipping, no SuperCoach no fox footy shows. Over that constant dissection.

If you win your lauded if you lose your club should sack the coach .....every weekend someone has to lose. Yeah nah ...true dat

They want you to eat s**t ...breath footy ...but to be honest it’s over the top and the so called experts are only experts because they can’t play anymore

Mike Sheehan what a flog ..and a face I want to head butt lol 😆...I’m not a violent person lol but listening to him talk at the player is stupid ...ask the question then shut the hell up

Garry Lyon is a three time All Aust. A bit better than a slow full forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is money to be made being an “expert”

Gary Lyon ...wife cheater, slow full forward, never won a flag, never coached and yet he’s an expert

Yet he’s the big hitter

And these muppets like John ralph and Tom Morris, they make out that they are some superstar

I’m actually finding the media saturation over the top

I’m watching one footy show this year only the front bar for laughs ..no tipping, no SuperCoach no fox footy shows. Over that constant dissection.

If you win your lauded if you lose your club should sack the coach .....every weekend someone has to lose. Yeah nah ...true dat

They want you to eat s**t ...breath footy ...but to be honest it’s over the top and the so called experts are only experts because they can’t play anymore

Mike Sheehan what a flog ..and a face I want to head butt lol 😆...I’m not a violent person lol but listening to him talk at the player is stupid ...ask the question then shut the hell up
Are you 12?

cricket and afl commentators are good examples of over-exposed identities who have previously played the game. maybe at the insistence of producers, i don't blame them for being contracted to be part of the endless conveyor belt of football television shows. but still, they seem to think the public are interested in them and their shitty stories and mannerisms.

i will say though, people rely too much on commentators to view football which is why there are so many complaints. you can make your own mind up about what you see, treat them as something to break up the silence and don't let it break your heart if they don't share your point of view.

Does ‘Hame’ still do those cringey interviews with the kids?

Awkward, and amazing he tries to assert his intellectual supremacy over them.
The way he kind of takes the piss out of them then smirks into the camera with this 'he didn't even get that joke – aren't all us grown ups so smart?' is ******* infuriating.

Absolute knob shell, he just talks incessant trash. His football brain is non-existent. And he's more interested in talking up players we already know are very good and then talking about their home life. Toolio.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back