Review Round 5 - Adelaide Crows 'The Kieron Turner Cup'

Remove this Banner Ad

GCS NEAFL team need to travel to NSW and play tomorrow. Brisbane already won against Aspley. Brisbane 105 vs Aspley 52.

Brisbane Dodge City Lions still the pet team in QLD for the AFL. They basically gave them a Golden State Warriors team at the start of the century to pump up their tyres.
What do we get-State League top ups.

Now the AFL scheduling is being done to alter a contest.

It continues to be an embarrassment to support Dodge City in any code.

Same garbage happens with Drongoes scheduling.

Last edited:

Trouble is Scheer had looked good in the NEAFL before but has been pretty ineffective at AFL level. Averages ten disposals (13 if you isolate 2018).

Brodie 'should' get us the ball 20+ times, and we need that with Witts being pretty dominant in the ruck
I think you need to look at context. When Brodie has played he's been in the guts, around the ball the whole time. (because he cant do anything else)
Scheer when playing in the first side has been mostly a half forward though with odd games where he was basically the closest forward to goal (refer geelong end of last year), in a tam which was not getting the ball to the forward line in the first place. marking him down for a lack of possessions seems harsh.

I think you need to look at context. When Brodie has played he's been in the guts, around the ball the whole time. (because he cant do anything else)
Scheer when playing in the first side has been mostly a half forward though with odd games where he was basically the closest forward to goal (refer geelong end of last year), in a tam which was not getting the ball to the forward line in the first place. marking him down for a lack of possessions seems harsh.
Don't get me wrong, I think there's eventually a role for Brad to play. He's hard at it and looks to have taken some strides this year. But if he was largely forward last year, he kicked 1.2 from six games. If he's not running around getting possession or goals, that guy gets dropped even in a very-losing team.

But, to the positive, I'm keen for him to show his stuff this year too. Brodie this week though

He found his groove last year after a couple and the were certainly no complaints to him being picked toward the end of the year.

Same recipe again.
His problem last year hamstring injury when he started to found some form , a bit like North Mason Wood .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watch him Get 25 touches and dropped next week for team balance
Who come in ? Shoenfield , Corbett , Sam Fletcher . Miles calf won't be one week thing .Brad sheer could be hunting on Holman role ,before Rankine recover .
I don't really want Young he score 2 or three goal in the first quarter and then go to sleep in the 2 and third quarter. one more junk goal time in the 4th .

Who come in ? Shoenfield , Corbett , Sam Fletcher . Miles calf won't be one week thing .Brad sheer could be hunting on Holman role ,before Rankine recover .
I don't really want Young he score 2 or three goal in the first quarter and then go to sleep in the 2 and third quarter. one more junk goal time in the 4th .

I'd take any forward who would kick 3-4 goals for the game :drunk:

Happy to see Brodie getting his chance early in the season. What do people see as a pass mark for him to keep his spot in the team for the QClash next week?

Happy to see Brodie getting his chance early in the season. What do people see as a pass mark for him to keep his spot in the team for the QClash next week?
Miles had been going at about 69% disposal efficiency, for twenty-ish possessions a match. I reckon if Brodie does similar with a good mix of contested stuff and clearances he'll have done well.

He'll want to make sure his defensive running is okay too. If that's the knock on him, he wouldn't want to be exposed there.

I'd take any forward who would kick 3-4 goals for the game :drunk:
I take any forward that help the team win than 3 and 4 goal and the team get trash by 50+ point. 3 and 4 goal is nothing when the other team already step their foot off and their forward and midfield have multiple scorer that kick 2 each . Go and check last year game vs GWS .
Sexton was a great example vs Carlton that blindly kick for goal instead of passing it to Bowes.

* This is a team sport , not scoring 3 and 4 goal sport and close shop for 24 point vs opposition 100 + point.

Last edited:
Miles had been going at about 69% disposal efficiency, for twenty-ish possessions a match. I reckon if Brodie does similar with a good mix of contested stuff and clearances he'll have done well.

He'll want to make sure his defensive running is okay too. If that's the knock on him, he wouldn't want to be exposed there.
benefit being Adelaide isn't what you would consider a quick midfield. Bar Sloane for gut running, and then a little bit of Matt Crouch. They're fit and have that gut running ability, but by no means have they got leg speed in my opinion.

Swallow, Miller, Brodie, Bowes, Fiorini, GHS, Martin isn't that bad of a rotation to be honest.
Adelaide got MCrouch, BCrouch, Sloane, Greenwood, Gibbs, CEllis Yolmen - better names, but jeez they're out of from.

Lets not play them into form, get up for Pearce, and beat them on their dung heap for the first time. Imagine what that would do, embrace the opportunity with our tails up and the Camry Crows fragile and scared to make a mistake.

Heading back home to the Goldy in a couple days for a week, and i'll be round for the QClash next week.

Add Ainsworth and Macpherson.

We got Wittsy as well over their OBriend...he should kill him.

Pretty sure Witts has the most hitouts for the year, so it should be no different this week we just need our blokes to take advantage of his good ruckwork, and get it in quick. Talia is one of the best key defenders, but he is slow. In fact there isn't really many quick players in the Crows outfit these days. Milera?

We got this :cool:

Hopefully our team puts up a better fight on Sunday than the board members from here over on the Adelaide board telling them how easily they’ll beat us

I take any forward that help the team win than 3 and 4 goal and the team get trash by 50+ point. 3 and 4 goal is nothing when the other team already step their foot off and their forward and midfield have multiple scorer that kick 2 each . Go and check last year game vs GWS .
Sexton was a great example vs Carlton that blindly kick for goal instead of passing it to Bowes.

* This is a team sport , not scoring 3 and 4 goal sport and close shop for 24 point vs opposition 100 + point.

Yes I’d take someone that helps us win games rather than chase personal accolades. Just as Stewart dew would do obviously.

I was frustrated with young many times last year but he clearly did things the coaching staff thought helped us win games as they voted him to 7th place in the best and fairest.

His 2 best games of the year were in the wins vs nm and SYDNEY.

Your example was just weird

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back