Preview Dogs on Mars: Round 8 Saturday May - 11 1:45 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allison as traveling emergency on top of Walker as cover for Andrews I guess.

Or walker for hodge. Maybe still waiting to see if hodge is up and about for the game but want to give him every chance to play or at least not let the opposition know he is in doubt

I
I think you may need to go and have a look at the definition of impulse
Impulse .....urge, instinct ,drive,compulsion....

A lot of rain here in Melbourne tomorrow but should be clear by Saturday . Ground condition should be perfect except it will likely be cold and windy.

Lester will never get picked in front of Luke Hodge in anything football related, ever.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah ,lol.

It's like some people have lost their minds. So Lester can be the on field general when Hodge isn't there.

Perleazze.

I reckon Hodge wants to play every game ,that's the feeling you get from his body language , his passion when he's on the bench ,and the dropping of that conversation from the camp.

If we rest him up you'll know he desperately needs it

Yeah, but we’re not discussing dropping Hodge for Lester.
Yer, I knew that briz, I thought you were saying he could play a Luke Hodge type role and IMO Ryan Lester is a long long long way off even being able to be mentioned in the same breath as Luke Hodge even at Hodge's age now.

Hodge is one of the best leaders and players of the 21st century and ............ well Ryan Lester isn't.

would have preferred Walker play FF and Mcstay dropped
Dont understand this one bit. Not sure who it has been but several posters have been asking for Omac or Mcstay to be dropped. We are 1st in the comp for average goals. Our forward line is doing just fine. Taking mcstay out and putting walks in changes so much. Why change something that doesnt necessarily need fixing.

Yeah ,lol.

It's like some people have lost their minds. So Lester can be the on field general when Hodge isn't there.

Perleazze.

I reckon Hodge wants to play every game ,that's the feeling you get from his body language , his passion when he's on the bench ,and the dropping of that conversation from the camp.

If we rest him up you'll know he desperately needs it
Hodgey will be rested when we go West!

Dont understand this one bit. Not sure who it has been but several posters have been asking for Omac or Mcstay to be dropped. We are 1st in the comp for average goals. Our forward line is doing just fine. Taking mcstay out and putting walks in changes so much. Why change something that doesnt necessarily need fixing.

Walker did kick 1 goal in 4 matches as a forward last year and 9 in 11 games as a forward the year before but McStay is so bad apparently 10 goals in 15 games is better

I

Impulse .....urge, instinct ,drive,compulsion....

A lot of rain here in Melbourne tomorrow but should be clear by Saturday . Ground condition should be perfect except it will likely be cold and windy.

Actually

a sudden strong and unreflective urge or desire to act.

So either you're implying that Fagan doesn't consider team makeup all week then just picks a team at the last minute or that he spends the week leading up with a team makeup that he carefully considers and then just changes or at the last minute and slots in a player he spent no time even considering during the week

Whatever the weather it's certainly not going to be any colder or windier than Launceston last year and we went alright in that game
Wrong. Ballarat is fn freezing. That Lonny game wasnt that bad I was there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walker did kick 1 goal in 4 matches as a forward last year and 9 in 11 games as a forward the year before but McStay is so bad apparently 10 goals in 15 games is better
Its not just his goals he is there for though. Playing forward is way different to playing back. Walker has been awesome in defence this year. But I'm not sold on changing players mindsets is the right way to go about it. Would Walker have done much more in attack this year? Not sure.

Actually

a sudden strong and unreflective urge or desire to act.

So either you're implying that Fagan doesn't consider team makeup all week then just picks a team at the last minute or that he spends the week leading up with a team makeup that he carefully considers and then just changes or at the last minute and slots in a player he spent no time even considering during the week
Whatever.

Your understanding of impulse is not mine . In fact I was saying the reverse in both instances . Impulse comes from your considered experiences and you go with it . Almost all decisions are made that way . How many times have you weighed up everything and not been able to stop yourself from going with your gut . They like Lester . They've stuck with Walker when he's in good form . I've heard the words 'when he applies himself ' from the coach's mouth.

This was probably a tough decision ,it's only one player , let's see how it goes .

No one's knocking their process or their likely reasons . It's how all footy clubs decide toss ups.

Its not just his goals he is there for though. Playing forward is way different to playing back. Walker has been awesome in defence this year. But I'm not sold on changing players mindsets is the right way to go about it. Would Walker have done much more in attack this year? Not sure.
He agrees with you mate. Re read his post.:thumbsu:

Whatever.

Your understanding of impulse is not mine . In fact I was saying the reverse in both instances . Impulse comes from your considered experiences and you go with it . Almost all decisions are made that way . How many times have you weighed up everything and not been able to stop yourself from going with your gut . They like Lester . They've stuck with Walker when he's in good form . I've heard the words 'when he applies himself ' from the coach's mouth.

This was probably a tough decision ,it's only one player , let's see how it goes .

No one's knocking their process or their likely reasons . It's how all footy clubs decide toss ups.

The above has literally no relation to impulse. Gut feel maybe but that's not impulse

I feel sorry for Josh Walker but to look at the positives it keeps everyone on their toes and makes them realise that your place is only secure as long as you add value to the team and play well consistently . Sometimes these things drive people a bit harder

In terms of the players Fagan has elevated this year, he was wrong on Christensen, wrong on Robertson, wrong on Taylor and right on Answerth and Lester.

In terms of the players he has dropped, he was wrong on Bastinac and wrong on Walker.

A little sarcasm yes . But ultimately all decisions are in the end impulse backed up by a lot of talk and what seemed like reason lost in the moment when you have to do something and decide.

Anyone who's been in a largeish organisation would know this and footy clubs aren't all that different.

In the end it comes down to one or two people who've probably made up their mind anyway.

Because you always play next week except for one match you can rectify any misjudgements fairly quickly
Lol having worked in a number of large companies this is patently not true. I also don’t get the feeling Fagan just makes impulse decisions because there’s been a lot of “talk”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back