Politics & Government 2019 Election: Australia's Shame

Who are you voting for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

From little things big things grow.

It's just nice that there's plenty of people out there now not afraid to tell the sheep of the major parties they don't care for their shitty parties.

I agree, I think people should vote for the candidates they want.

People refuse to acknowledge that Labor and Liberal aren't worlds apart. A vote for one over the other isn't a protest.

I also think the minor parties have it a bit wrong. 10, 15% for the Greens is great but it doesn't translate to seats. Nick Xylophone has the right idea. Change comes from representation. Seeing Abbott turfed is excellent.

Do they? I feel I've seen a number of comfortable Liberal seats tonight where Libs won primary, but Lab/Greens were 2nd/3rd and their combined primary vote was higher than Libs and other parties had bugger all. I'd have expected Greens preferences to push Labor over the top or at least close the gap.

Historically, Greens have had about 70-80% to ALP, ONP have been closer to 50%, as were PUP at the last election. It could be different this time though.

Watch your back Scomo.

aab3635a2d8b44eb74dc74d5578b466174169b65

I prefer Bowen as the Labor leader, he speaks very quickly and concisely and is quite likeable. I used to like Tanya but now she has that permanently grumpy expression that Bill Shorten has, she looks like she's not enjoying life at all.

Well after being smug thinking a win was in the bag she deserves to feel like a right little dill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Murdoch's fault. No, Australia is racist. No, it was the Russians again.

Grow up.

Some people don't subscribe to 'progressive' belief systems, and on election day they get to express themselves.

They would happily discuss their views outside of election day, but they get shouted down and treated as 'evil'.

So they wait until the day it matters and celebrate long into the night.

I put a $5 free bet on ScoMo, I just wish I had also invested a few bob in Kleenex.

Sanity prevails, take your unions and get nicked Bill
Yes coal good, unions bad.

Corporations good, workers bad.

Rich good, poor bad.

Money good, environment bad.

The fact you think the election was about unions, bad

Rich good, poor bad.

I was referring to his speech afterwards where he rambled on about the trade unions.
Good to see the end of him

Coal bad but not so bad to be against Adani in case that loses votes you mean.
No I mean coal bad. Adani is a ******* disgrace, the fact the Queensland keeps voting for foreign interests to come in a plunder their resources for profits the people voting will never see boggles the mind.

How do they think it's good for them. How are guys like Palmer running for government instead of rotting in jail.

Why don't people complain about their tax dollars going tool overseas companies or cleaning up the mess the leave behind but do complain about it going to unemployed Australians?

Rich good, poor bad.

Well the Trades Halls and likes of GetUp tried to flex their collective muscle and overall failed badly.

Queensland categorically rejected anything that came after mining/farming.

Back