No Oppo Supporters Double-Death-Riding Carlton 2019 Edition - Currently Pick 1 and 19

What month will Bolton be sacked?

• April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • June

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • August

• September

• He won't get the sack this year

Votes: 22 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlton could finish last and yet their first pick in the draft is third round?

Lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No, they have our first pick.

If Carlton go 0-4 in the next 4 games, Pick 1 is a lock and you can bookmark this.

The entire psyche and culture of their Club will be broken beyond repair. Bolton will have lost the playing group.

Im not sure you realise that the AFL media are building this run of 4 games as arguably the most crucial they have had over the past 4 years.

doctor-strange-we-are-in-the-endgame-now.gif

If Carlton go 0-4 in the next 4 games, Pick 1 is a lock and you can bookmark this.

The entire psyche and culture of their Club will be broken beyond repair. Bolton will have lost the playing group.

Im not sure you realise that the AFL media are building this run of 4 games as arguably the most crucial they have had over the past 4 years.
Carlton could lose the next 4 games and still only be 1 game behind North. Given that Carlton have a lot easier draw than North, I could see them snagging 2 wins in their last 9 games while North go winless or only win 1 game.

Carlton could lose the next 4 games and still only be 1 game behind North. Given that Carlton have a lot easier draw than North, I could see them snagging 2 wins in their last 9 games while North go winless or only win 1 game.

Carlolton would see this as a win, too - "ha ha you only got pick 2, not pick 1!"

Carlolton would see this as a win, too - "ha ha you only got pick 2, not pick 1!"
I honestly don't care that much about Carlton. If they need to jump through several illogical hoops to make themselves feel like they "won" the trade, good for them. It just makes them more likely to make a stupid trade like that again with us next time around.

All I care is that we finish top 2 and get one of the 2 standout players from this year's draft.

Yes I realise that, I still stand by what I said. If the Blues go 0-4 in the next 4. Pick 1 is a lock for the AFC.

North have still got Suns (Metricon) Saints (Tassie) Melb (Tassie). They will win two of these games.

I said it before and I'll say it again - imagine the balls it would take to ask for a priority pick in the same year you traded out pick 1. You'd need a wheelbarrow to carry around cojones that big.

Reckon the AFL will give them 3 overage priority picks and force them to keep them, Gold Coast put the last nail in the coffin with clubs getting the Priority picks, with what they achieved with there overage players. while Carlton stuffed there picks up thru trading.
Plus I do not see the rest of the comp agreeing with after they traded pick 1-3 away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think from now till round 22 we should be barracking hard for north to win each game they play. I can’t believe I’m saying that but go north lol pick swap made all games this season fun 😁

Reckon the AFL will give them 3 overage priority picks and force them to keep them, Gold Coast put the last nail in the coffin with clubs getting the Priority picks, with what they achieved with there overage players. while Carlton stuffed there picks up thru trading.
Plus I do not see the rest of the comp agreeing with after they traded pick 1-3 away.

Carlton do not deserve any priority picks. They have deliberately gone down this path of not taking mature bodies in that ~22-28 age bracket and deserve what they reap.

Lions started their rebuild at the same time as Carlton and shown the way.

Even the Suns have shown how to be competitive and not a laughing stock of the competition.

Suns play the Crows in R17, this is Carlton's "Crying Game". Whoever wins they lose.

Suns also play the Blues in R18 and Dons at home in R19.

There is hope young Skywalker.
It could come down to % at the end of the year. That game we play Carlton in round 17 could be big. You could imagine Reid putting up a picture of Rowell or Anderson in the changeroom before the game and reminding all that pick 1 or 2 from Carlton will mean one of these lads lining up along side you next year..extra incentive to go out and pulverise Carlton and further damage their %

Yes I realise that, I still stand by what I said. If the Blues go 0-4 in the next 4. Pick 1 is a lock for the AFC.

North have still got Suns (Metricon) Saints (Tassie) Melb (Tassie). They will win two of these games.

As long they have some close losses in the there, the worry would be if they get smashed then Bolton will be replaced, before the Bye allowing them time to improve the game plan. And Walls would be good enough to win more than a couple of games. if given that time.
Bolton needs to last until after the Bye round then it will be too late.

But yea they lose the next 4, and I would be looking at spending pick 1.

Carlton do not deserve any priority picks. They have deliberately gone down this path of not taking mature bodies in that ~22-28 age bracket and deserve what they reap.

Lions started their rebuild at the same time as Carlton and shown the way.

Even the Suns have shown how to be competitive and not a laughing stock of the competition.
Carlton will not get a priority pick. The Afl will most likely request Bolton and SOS be moved on. Their problem is coach and list management. I feel Paul Roos will have some sort an advisory capacity at the club and they will definitely have a new coach end of the year.

Last edited:
Trade thread on the main board discussing this trade now locked.
On the second to last page there is a post from a Carlton fan worshipper of SOS describing Silvagni's list management as "elite".

With pearls of wisdom like that on offer, it's not difficult to see why it was locked.

Last edited:
The interesting thing is I think Carlton fans knew they would drop the last 2 games, but thought they would have won at least 1 more coming into this 'softer' part of the draw.

But unfortunately for them, they are now playing back to back games against teams that are still in the hunt, and CANNOT afford too lose against an 18th positioned team. None of St Kilda, ESS, Bris, Bulldogs, Freo have the luxury of dropping games if they want to make finals, and realistically should be looking for a healthy % boost when playing a 1 win team! All 5 of those teams should and will be going after the jugular!

This 'soft' part of the draw, could get real ugly for Blues fans!

Not surprising. Carlton operated Main Board by Carlton Mod. We have basically already won. We were at the time of the trade hoping for a solid Top 5 pick when SOS did the trade. Top 5 has been an automatic lock for a while now. Its just a matter now if it is Pick 1,2 or 3. With Pick 1 and 2 the most likely result.

There is often interesting new Carlton threads opened and then hidden away and merged into other threads to deflect heat of the Club.
Does someone want to open a new thread on the main board?

Maybe called "Carlton / Crows pick swap - for those who are still finding this amusing"

Fun Facts with Grotto.

Assuming Kade Simpson plays this week (listed as test) and is injury free and if Carlton loses all their games until they play the Crows, Simpson will become the Biggest Loser in VFL/AFL history if the Crows beat Carlton.

The interesting thing is I think Carlton fans knew they would drop the last 2 games, but thought they would have won at least 1 more coming into this 'softer' part of the draw.

But unfortunately for them, they are now playing back to back games against teams that are still in the hunt, and CANNOT afford too lose against an 18th positioned team. None of St Kilda, ESS, Bris, Bulldogs, Freo have the luxury of dropping games if they want to make finals, and realistically should be looking for a healthy % boost when playing a 1 win team! All 5 of those teams should and will be going after the jugular!

This 'soft' part of the draw, could get real ugly for Blues fans!
You also forgot the embarrassment factor..who wants to be one of the only teams in the last few seasons to lose to them. It adds a fear / adrenaline factor to their play no doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back