Changes v kangas

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd love to see Cordy forward but he's been outstanding back this season. We're not so blessed with riches that we can afford two key backs forward.

Please let Hayes and Gowers be dropped this week. Lewis Young forward would be lovely, taking his turn in the ruck with Cordy and Trengrove. That would add heaps to team balance.

Schache needs to work far more as a defensive forward if he wants inclusion in Bev's plan.

Last week Roberts looked like he was playing man o man while everyone else was zoning ; he just doesn't quite fit in.

Put the bong away lol

C'mon MD, you're not fooling anyone. You are a secret fan because he is an excitement machine who has us on the edge of our seats every time he takes possession of the pill. You love:
  • the way he runs with ball looking like he doesn't know whether to handball or kick it, let alone to whom and oblivious to the opposition players tracking him down.
  • the way his foot passing always gives the opposition a look, especially when he plays it back into the corridor.
  • his hot potato handballs to team mates in worse positions than himself, leaving them with massive amounts of work to retain possession;
  • the way he disposes to team mates who weren't even expecting it, let alone calling for it.
  • the clueless way he takes possession and tries to run without any regard for his own personal safety or the options other players usually see, e.g., knock the ball on or shepherding or disposing the ball quickly to a better placed team mate.
You are a fan. He IS an excitement machine and I can't wait for his return and I'm sure many other posters will support me on this point.

Lin Jong: different, not boring different.

Ffs. Some tough calls been made which im rapt with but Naughtys on an absolute hiding to nothing by himself. Bont can play pretty much full time forward I guess and maybe Cordy or Trengove. Will be interesting to see what we do but gee i do not like the idea of dropping Gowers and not even bringing in another tall.

So keen to see Baileys and Lip. And English back!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have too many midfielders anyway.
Let the Bont be a permanent forward
Which let's Dunkley and Libba play their natural roles.Bont could be the new Pavlich.
Worth a try anyway...

C'mon MD, you're not fooling anyone. You are a secret fan because he is an excitement machine who has us on the edge of our seats every time he takes possession of the pill. You love:
  • the way he runs with ball looking like he doesn't know whether to handball or kick it, let alone to whom and oblivious to the opposition players tracking him down.
  • the way his foot passing always gives the opposition a look, especially when he plays it back into the corridor.
  • his hot potato handballs to team mates in worse positions than himself, leaving them with massive amounts of work to retain possession;
  • the way he disposes to team mates who weren't even expecting it, let alone calling for it.
  • the clueless way he takes possession and tries to run without any regard for his own personal safety or the options other players usually see, e.g., knock the ball on or shepherding or disposing the ball quickly to a better placed team mate.
You are a fan. He IS an excitement machine and I can't wait for his return and I'm sure many other posters will support me on this point.

Lin Jong: different, not boring different.

Lol stop it

We have too many midfielders anyway.
Let the Bont be a permanent forward
Which let's Dunkley and Libba play their natural roles.Bont could be the new Pavlich.
Worth a try anyway...
Bont isn't explosive - he was in the bottom 10% of his draft class, that count against him forward. He has such a good football brain it just isn't that noticeable as a mid. I still like him with ball in hand delivering the ball into the F50. Even last week his goals were kicked as a mid, not when playing forward.

I still think we need a marking forward to block and separate the tall defenders. Perhaps Bailey Williams plays forward, or Suckling is a late out for Lewis Young?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back