Autopsy Swans Vs Pies - Round 10, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Walked away from that loss with our heads held high. Honestly the kids are doing alright.

Gotta say with Hewett & Kennedy out you'd think Mills might play in the middle. Doesn't look like he'll ever play there
The problem is we don’t have coverage in the back line. ‘If’ McVeigh was to come back in, Thurlow could be retained (doesn’t deserve to be dropped anyway imo) and Mills to mids? Only way I could see it happening. Mills was good last night too!

Was backing up from last week until the head knock. I think we could have found the gun inside mid we desperately need.
I personally think we should stop using him as a tagger. If he’s off the chain, make them tag him! Odd that nobody tags our blokes.

Also with Hayward if he kicks that goal early in the last we were 2 and half goals up , but no he misses straight in front. Always liked him , but he was pathetic last night.
Yep. And I'm not a big fan of Rose either but it sounds like his form deserves reward. Straight swap for next week.

I personally think we should stop using him as a tagger. If he’s off the chain, make them tag him! Odd that nobody tags our blokes.
Was hard to tell watching on TV last night but it didn't look to be a hard tag. He would line up defensively at stoppages on Pendlebury but was still very much focused on the ball and seemed to peel off in general play.

Maybe someone who was at the ground and watched closely can comment

Better result than I thought, and Sam Reid take a bow.

Hayward needs a spell in the NEAFL.

Play the kids. Just play the kids. Broken record I know.
They’re being played my friend. It’s a good mix of youth and ‘experience’ but I’d like to evolve the team more by playing players that are in form. We’ve got to stop carrying players, no matter who they are!

Was hard to tell watching on TV last night but it didn't look to be a hard tag. He would line up defensively at stoppages on Pendlebury but was still very much focused on the ball and seemed to peel off in general play.

Maybe someone who was at the ground and watched closely can comment
Definitely a hard tag but still a two way game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never play the man on this board, unlike you. But you were so definite we were going to get slaughtered last night. No mea culpa? (look it up). Now you are advocating getting rid of Lloyd a best player winner because he lacks courage of all things. You have a right to an opinion. But as the great George Bernard Shaw (look him up) once wrote about another clueless critic "Sir I have your review in front of me. Shortly I will have it behind me." Have a nice day champion.
Haha mate we lost, they had double the scoring shots, had half their best 22 out. In essence I was correct.

Mod edit: Everyone, please stop playing the man or infractions will be handed out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spot on but Sinclair shouldn't have the finger pointed at him considering he is not a number 1 ruck. Has done a fair job considering the last 2 seasons. Disappointed with some of his intensity tonight and against a very good opponent. Could have worked harder for front position on a number of occasions but let Grundy dominate him body to body. Cameron should be delisted as it looks like he is not going to cut it when you consider the ruck situation and a refusal to play him. Btw A ruckman who cannot play like an on baller and mark around the ground these days are as useful as a hat full of ****holes. That's You Naismith. Shocking decision to extend him.
Yeah you’ve summarised the situation perfectly. Def loves Cals work he’s just not up to it. And def last night had some poor periods.

Not at 31 and 32 years of age currently while we are rebuilding. Problem is the players that are interesting options are at Brisbane (McInerney) and Adelaide (O'Brien) and therefore won't be looking to leave there without a huge offer and at huge cost in terms of draft picks. You would be looking at options that would be playing reserves at the moment and have untapped potential. Nicholls would be a low cost option as a FA
Yeah pretty awful examples from me but it was late and I was put on the spot. Need to poach a young ruck who has talent but is down the pecking order.

Also with Hayward if he kicks that goal early in the last we were 2 and half goals up , but no he misses straight in front. Always liked him , but he was pathetic last night.

Ignored Blakey was criminal

We had our chances even without hewett and jpk

Hayward missed goal turned it a bit that probably almost seals it

I think 3 weeks of close games (quality of opposition very different obviously) will benefit long term

Learning a lot

I thought buddy was ok first game back moved alright

Same as first 5 weeks though he just isn’t involved as much during the game

Ignored Blakey was criminal
I'm not so harsh on that because he backed himself to kick it. He just failed to on this occasion. Hey we got 6 straight out of RTeidy & our goal kicking overall is why we were still a chance. 3 close games, we won 2 of them, that's the way things go.
They could have easily fizzed out after that second quarter from the Pies but we took it right up to them till the end & they will go back to Melbourne very sore after that hard game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back