Ablett this time a punch gotta get a suspension for that

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s out of play (unlike the other 2). Clenched fist, connecting to the face. Low impact. Intentional. Anyone care to argue with any of those facts?

Viewing other angles and slow mo it clearly wasn't a clenched fist. I agree its low impact to the face and intentional which I imagine is one week which he deserves.

The footy vultures are lapping this up, thier envious tiny minds might simply break at this rate....there is nothing in it again, but sure, why not, string Ablett up and ban him for life! What a weak game we all follow when the Umpire is less than a few feet away, pays a free and then all hell breaks loose becasue of the love tap that caused it? Why have umpires at all?
You do realise that most of the reports and suspensions recently are given to players that committed the offence in front of umpires and weren't reported at the time?

The footy vultures are lapping this up, thier envious tiny minds might simply break at this rate....there is nothing in it again, but sure, why not, string Ablett up and ban him for life! What a weak game we all follow when the Umpire is less than a few feet away, pays a free and then all hell breaks loose becasue of the love tap that caused it? Why have umpires at all?
Another Geelong supporter emotionally playing the victim card on behalf of Ablett. Who would have thunk?

Reading the above quickly youd think Miles was the one who punched Ablett in the head.

lmao you are fried

Some serious mental gymnastics going on here.

If it's a state vs state issue how come soldo got done for a light clumsy collision while fyfe for cleared for nearly taking lynchs head off

a nobody
and Im not pushing the state v state. Im saying there is a Vic bias in the commentary.

Today i have already read a 'hand to the face'..I'm pretty sure its called a punch

Just want to put things in perspective.
This incident is worthy of a week yet two clumsy incidents, clearly not as bad as this also deserve a week?
I don’t think so.
Fines at worst for those two, obviously this is worse so it’s a week.

Scarlett also punched Ballantyne a bit harder and all I remember is applause. Scarlett was also a dirtier player in general.
The hate Ablett gets around here is hysterical.

That is some incredible revisionist history right there.

No it’s not!
Even Jack Riewoldt laughed at the 1st one how it was even thought of as a suspension and I’ve been critical of how overreactive Riewoldt is when his opinion is asked as to any contact to the head is worthy of a suspension. No it’s not!

It ain’t that simple, so I was happy to see him finally come around.

Umm, you used my example to try and prove your point?

He should have got a week for all three.

Most other players in the league would.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know one thing for sure, if it was Mitch Robinson he'd get at least a week.

Sicily would have been suspended for the first incident, so would have avoided the second one

Would get 3 weeks for this one - they'd be wheeling out the potential to cause injury card

Pretty confident we'll see no attempted striking charge or potential to cause injury this week

I wonder what they'd do if Miles had punched him in the head in retaliation???

Clear retaliation punch missed with the first swing then connected
I would like to hear what pathetic reasoning Christian and Hocking are going to come up with for this one. With the last one, Hocking said Ablett didn't make contact. I don't know whether he thinks we are blind, or stupid. Because Goyder and McLachlan are supposed to be running this debacle of a competition, they have to take responsibility for their inactions and allowing the competition to get this incompetent.. Someone had better tell the clowns inconsistency equals incompetence. They have worked that small simple piece of common sense out yet. All four of them have to go, and I challenge them to hold a confidence vote with the custodians of the game - the fans. If they were doing a wonderful job, then they would be confident the fans would vote their way.

I know one thing for sure, if it was Mitch Robinson he'd get at least a week.

Mitch would have at least put some force behind it, bloke's a bull.

This one has nothing to do with the first two. The first one was the worst of the two raised arm ones but didn't deserve a week so the second one didn't. This one in isolation looks the worst of them. If level of force comes into it then that's what it will be decided on.

Dunno what he's doing the last few weeks. 300+ games with barely a murmur, getting tagged by all the no talented rough nuts in the league and not retaliating, now all of a sudden in his 18th season, he starts doing silly s**t.

I would like to hear what pathetic reasoning Christian and Hocking are going to come up with for this one. With the last one, Hocking said Ablett didn't make contact. I don't know whether he thinks we are blind, or stupid. Because Goyder and McLachlan are supposed to be running this debacle of a competition, they have to take responsibility for their inactions and allowing the competition to get this incompetent.. Someone had better tell the clowns inconsistency equals incompetence. They have worked that small simple piece of common sense out yet. All four of them have to go, and I challenge them to hold a confidence vote with the custodians of the game - the fans. If they were doing a wonderful job, then they would be confident the fans would vote their way.

Maybe they'll come up with something along the lines of what allowed Cotchin to become a premiership captain after concussing Shiel the week before.

Maybe they'll come up with something along the lines of what allowed Cotchin to become a premiership captain after concussing Shiel the week before.
I expect nothing less from a Geelong supporter. Three times in three weeks. And you will scream blue murder if he get just one week. Dangerfield did exactly what Martin did. Martin initially copped 2 weeks, Dangerfield didn't have a case to answer, just like Ablett. We can also talk about Selwood and Hawkins getting looked after. If Soldo got suspended so should Ablett, seeing you think Richmond players get looked after. Richmond are on their way to the bottom of the free kick ladder as usual, but some morons think umpires look after them too.

Both players were going for the ball. That's called incidental contact. It is a contact sport after all.

Both players were going for the ball, Shiel with both hands and got there first. Cotchin tucked one arm in and got him in the head. AFL s**t themselves, no way they were going to do anything to upset the dream.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back