Autopsy Round 11, 2019: loss v cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Have to disagree. At the ground you could clearly see they were attacking. I quite enjoyed the way we played. Our disposal let’s us down and we continually give away dumb frees in front of goal. They didn’t show the replay of Aliir on Ratugolia but from where I was seated, Aliir looked like he was penalized for a good spoil. I repeat that they didn’t show a replay and I may have missed something.

Mick they showed it from a couple of different angles on TV and by the letter of the law it was a free kick because he had arms around but it was a brief hold so regardless of where you were seated if you blinked you missed it. Frustration is it happens to Franklin on nearly every lead he attempts.

How many times did their shots on goal sneak inside the goal post by centimetres? Reckon we had an equal number that missed by similar margins just on the other side of the post. Frustrating.
Did you go Stevie? I was out of my seat a few times thinking we kicked a goal, only to be foiled by the goal umpire again and again.

I thought we moved the ball well at times

We get caught out when we play to many behind the ball , we loose all forward structure and un even numbers in our front half.

I get we are trying to get momentum back to you are rightfully taking away any opportunities to score and put score board pressure on yourself

Buddy's groin was operated on too late (menzell around the same time) to come back in the first half of the year.

By playing him, Harley, Horse and the sawbones are slaughtering the goose that laid the golden egg.

When he gets anywhere near fit then it would be the time to make a judgement.
He isn't anywhere near fit, not as in injured, but match fit.
The concern is because of injuries that he may never be match fit again. Seeing a lot of Greg Inglis with Buddy ATM.

Coincidence maybe Kingy, intent and aggression was definitely there. As I said, I was surprised.

what was your review of the venue, comfort, view, food, access etc

Mick they showed it from a couple of different angles on TV and by the letter of the law it was a free kick because he had arms around but it was a brief hold so regardless of where you were seated if you blinked you missed it. Frustration is it happens to Franklin on nearly every lead he attempts.
Thanks WW. I was on wing so I could only see front on. Good point!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The concern is because of injuries that he may never be match fit again. Seeing a lot of Greg Inglis with Buddy ATM.

The point is that since round 1 2018, he has not been allowed to get fit. He is also his own worst enemy, as like most players he just loves the game and just wants to play.

If there was something stopping him from getting match fit then they wouldn't play him.
He just needs a few weeks with solid game time and his fitness will return.

Inglis was mentally shot, half of the battle is mental.
As long as Buddy is up for the mental battle he can play until he is 40.

I tell you what Blakey is ******* quick and to those who think Menzel is not defensive enough...you’re wrong. He’s ******* quick too!

Was disappointed in Blakey in the 1st when he actually burned Menzel near the goal square. Made up for it a short time later with a beautiful pass to Hayward. Still, it potentially cost us a goal.

If you sat next to me, you would’ve. Your fat arse wasn’t getting anywhere near my beef!

now we know you were on the free food and piss you might not be the best judge of the game :p

Have to disagree. At the ground you could clearly see they were attacking. I quite enjoyed the way we played. Our disposal let’s us down and we continually give away dumb frees in front of goal. They didn’t show the replay of Aliir on Ratugolia but from where I was seated, Aliir looked like he was penalized for a good spoil. I repeat that they didn’t show a replay and I may have missed something.

One of those where he was pinged for a negligible arm around the body whilst throwing out the fist. Looked the perfect spoil live and still did in the replay but they call the arm around when it suits them even though it had no bearing or restriction on the Geelong player.

Edit: Sorry see this was already answered

If there was something stopping him from getting match fit then they wouldn't play him.
He just needs a few weeks with solid game time and his fitness will return.

Inglis was mentally shot, half of the battle is mental.
As long as Buddy is up for the mental battle he can play until he is 40.

Just like the Swans did not play Buddy in 2018, Hannebery in 2017/2018 and Heeney in 2019?

Just didn't convert enough chances in front of goal. We looked dangerous going forward early and then it all seemed to fall apart. They seemed to be able to convert so much easier. We worked so much harder for goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back