Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taheny would be awesome. Not heaps of possessions at the moment, so perhaps less midfield capacity.

I think Sturt's future job description is open and wouldn't want him being played at hb during his development to define him. The club clearly has a multi-position agenda across the entire list development.
My point was more that if he thought of him as a forward, you'd think we'd play him there and yet he's played back and wing.

With Sturt's skillset, I absolutely want him with the ball in his hands as often as possible. Midfielder that drifts forward is where I want him. Kicing inside 50 and taking shots himself.

My point was more that if he thought of him as a forward, you'd think we'd play him there and yet he's played back and wing.

With Sturt's skillset, I absolutely want him with the ball in his hands as often as possible. Midfielder that drifts forward is where I want him. Kicing inside 50 and taking shots himself.
Yes, I think developing players like him at hb is about getting them running towards the goals and looking at how things shape in a mid/forward line, then picking the best option. Building the attack.

Sean Darcy is contracted for one less year than Nathan Fyfe currently is.

It should cost a fortune to dislodge him. Not just value to us, but Sean needs to get a better deal too. Are you going to sign a guy who has played 17 games to a five year deal and if you're willing to do that, you'll need to cough up for him.

I'm not worried about Darcy.

It should cost a fortune to dislodge him. Not just value to us, but Sean needs to get a better deal too. Are you going to sign a guy who has played 17 games to a five year deal and if you're willing to do that, you'll need to cough up for him.

Will be interesting to see both Darcy, Lobb in the team. If Lobb does well forward where does that leave Tabs?
Can't see all 3 in the team, Carlton could do with a guy like Tabs, age, experience, would really straighten them
up, take pressure of the kids.

I dunno. Hard to argue we value the bloke highly when he doesn't get a game. Do hope he comes in at some point this year for an extended stretch or he'd have to be doubting his position (it's not like Lobb is going anywhere).

Will be interesting to see both Darcy, Lobb in the team. If Lobb does well forward where does that leave Tabs?
Can't see all 3 in the team, Carlton could do with a guy like Tabs, age, experience, would really straighten them
I can see Taberner as being attractive to Vic clubs, but the Blues are well stocked with tall forwards.
I reckon Bulldogs & North would be more likely suitors.
As for those people downplaying the value os Langdon due to his less than ideal kicking, let's not discount the hard running both he & Hill do to support the defense & then link up going forward.
Lots of "prettier" kicks won't do the grunt work in the backline.

KPF is the last thing Carlton need. McKay is gun and Curnow is very talented. They suck because their midfield gets beat up (bar Cripps) and nobody can hit a target.

I'd be shifting Kersten to the rookie list. Keeping him available as a mature big body so our depth isn't stretched.

If he gets back playing in 2019 is a good idea.

What about Giro. He started the year as a rookie but was signed to a two year extension at the start of the season. He has done his knee. Can we just keep him on the rookie list now that he has been signed for a further two years?

I’d upgrade Hughes and possibly Nyhuis.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

KPF is the last thing Carlton need. McKay is gun and Curnow is very talented. They suck because their midfield gets beat up (bar Cripps) and nobody can hit a target.
Doubt they will come to us for a mid then.

I think we are in the stage where we are trying to trade player for player. Guys like Tabs (although 2 years of injuries) and Langdon have good currency. They should only be traded however if we can see a way of improving the holes in our list.
Before trading a player for something else we must ask can we replace them with what we have on the list.
So:
Langdon - replacement options: S Hill, Carter, Henry, mid 2020 Giro
Tabs - replacement options: Lobb (play a full time ruck), Cox, McCarthy, Dixon and O'Reilly

We probably can afford to move these two on if they get us a good return. I am not advocating a trade. I would only move on this if they requested a trade

Doubt they will come to us for a mid then.

I think we are in the stage where we are trying to trade player for player. Guys like Tabs (although 2 years of injuries) and Langdon have good currency. They should only be traded however if we can see a way of improving the holes in our list.
Before trading a player for something else we must ask can we replace them with what we have on the list.
So:
Langdon - replacement options: S Hill, Carter, Henry, mid 2020 Giro
Tabs - replacement options: Lobb (play a full time ruck), Cox, McCarthy, Dixon and O'Reilly

We probably can afford to move these two on if they get us a good return. I am not advocating a trade. I would only move on this if they requested a trade
I don't think we would offer either up. I think they would have to request a trade. Highly doubt Tabs will but Ed certainly could.

We'll be throwing everything at Kelly, but I don't think we'll trade a player unless it is their idea. I also suspect we're chasing a few WA expats that nobody is really talking about (kind of how we didn't know anything about Colyer until the death).

Does anyone know what is happening with Brad Hill? I remember hearing he he was unhappy with his current remuneration and wanted more.

Although he’s under contract and Freo don’t have to do anything. I think his recent performances show how important he is. We have seen with Lachie Neale if the players will move even if they are under contract. Best to slip him a bit more and keep him happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno. Hard to argue we value the bloke highly when he doesn't get a game. Do hope he comes in at some point this year for an extended stretch or he'd have to be doubting his position (it's not like Lobb is going anywhere).

He's a ruckman who isn't quite 21 yet. This isn't an abnormal situation. Take Reilly O'Brien rucking at Adelaide, he was drafted in 2015 and has played 11 games - he's almost three years older than Sean Darcy.

The bigger they are, the longer they take.

Was looking around other teams boards for gossip and found this on the Hawks:
----------

Spoke to my best mate's son a couple of weeks ago at the Tassie U18 game, who played with Hugh Dixon in juniors at Kingston. Seems that Hugh could be on the move at the end of the season even though he is contracted until end of 2020. I won't repeat what I was told exactly, but will say that a move back closer to home, could be in his best interests.

Apparently 4 Melbourne based clubs have shown interest, and we are one.

----------

Say it ain't so Huge! I could understand why he would want to move though. We've gone from being the easiest place to get a game as a KPF to one of the hardest (bar injuries) in 1 year.

Was looking around other teams boards for gossip and found this on the Hawks:
----------

Spoke to my best mate's son a couple of weeks ago at the Tassie U18 game, who played with Hugh Dixon in juniors at Kingston. Seems that Hugh could be on the move at the end of the season even though he is contracted until end of 2020. I won't repeat what I was told exactly, but will say that a move back closer to home, could be in his best interests.

Apparently 4 Melbourne based clubs have shown interest, and we are one.

----------

Say it ain't so Huge! I could understand why he would want to move though. We've gone from being the easiest place to get a game as a KPF to one of the hardest (bar injuries) in 1 year.
Yeah wouldnt blame him, being contracted, we'd also actually get something vaguely useful like a low 3rd rounder

Yeah wouldnt blame him, being contracted, we'd also actually get something vaguely useful like a low 3rd rounder
I'd be asking for at least what we paid and telling them to wait until next year if they didn't like it. Hawks usually pretty good to trade with though and suspect they would cough up ~40 if we asked and Hugh wanted. He is tight with Andy and Cez though?

You think we’d get a 3rd? Gee that be great! Doubt it tbh.
Exactly as Joao said. Contracted, and if the rumour is correct, sought after by a few clubs. I imagine if he was to leave, he'd just want game time which a few clubs can realistically promise.

If they dont want to give a third, we lose nothing by keeping him another year

He's a ruckman who isn't quite 21 yet. This isn't an abnormal situation. Take Reilly O'Brien rucking at Adelaide, he was drafted in 2015 and has played 11 games - he's almost three years older than Sean Darcy.

The bigger they are, the longer they take.

Yeah fair enough. Don't think you can really use O'Brien as an example though. Hadn't really played at all before this year so you'd hardly think he'd be demanding games. Playing understudy to a 31 yr (pretty much past it imo) Jacobs as well.

Exactly as Joao said. Contracted, and if the rumour is correct, sought after by a few clubs. I imagine if he was to leave, he'd just want game time which a few clubs can realistically promise.

If they dont want to give a third, we lose nothing by keeping him another year
There is little difference between picks 50+ historically so if we can't get something well inside 50 this year you wouldn't bother. That said, we may do it anyway for Huge's sake.

For the first time ever, both this year and next we will have need for points so even a couple of picks worth more than 40 together might have value for us.

They have a lot of very average talls, Mckay forward/ruck 18 goals, next is McGovern on 14, Currnow same height
8 goals.
There is talk on their board that Curnow should be played midfield.
Most of their GWS rejects are just that. At least Tabs is good for the long bomb;)

They have a lot of very average talls, Mckay forward/ruck 18 goals, next is McGovern on 14, Currnow same height
8 goals.
There is talk on their board that Curnow should be played midfield.
Most of their GWS rejects are just that. At least Tabs is good for the long bomb;)
They look average because the service is awful. McKay is the league leading contested mark and is already better than Tabs at having the ball sat on his head.

Curnow is **** out of form but is talented. Tabs is not an upgrade (in the medium-long term) on either.

Casboult is playing defense and MGov is the third tall. You wouldn't want McKay and Tabs in the same team.

I stand by it, they would have no interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back