No Oppo Supporters 2019 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spotted this in the spiel for umpire Scott Jeffrey's induction into Tasmanian Hall of Fame. Are the TV antennas pointed in the wrong direction down there or is there a Bulldogs supporter on the committee? Seems entirely unnecessary ground to cover. And inaccurate.

"Throughout his career, Jeffery has remained admirably free of controversy, no mean feat in an era when the interpretation of the laws of the game is so fluid and open to debate."

This is a safe place, right?

Reading a lot of the posts on the mainboard I'm still blown away with how many supporters think that anti-social behaviour is some enshrined right when it comes to the footy. I'm all for barracking and please do it as loud as you want to but if I'm there with my kids don't think it's "all part of the theatre" to drop F-bombs and C-bombs every two minutes then abuse supporters around you when they give you a dirty look. Even with no kids there why is it considered acceptable at all? If you did it on a street corner you'd be one for being a public nuisance.

People are losing their minds because the AFL is starting to draw a line in the sand around this. Maybe I'm a snowflake but I think we could do with a rethink about what's good barracking and what is just straight out anti-social behaviour.

There is a line though. Calling someone a bald flog is fine as that’s been going on for decades but I’m happy enough the swearing is being cut out. Too many kids are at games and they don’t need that exposure.

That said the AFL went OTT over the bald head flog thing they should have just had a quiet word, warned him and be done with it. Instead it became a circus.

There is a line though. Calling someone a bald flog is fine as that’s been going on for decades but I’m happy enough the swearing is being cut out. Too many kids are at games and they don’t need that exposure.

That said the AFL went OTT over the bald head flog thing they should have just had a quiet word, warned him and be done with it. Instead it became a circus.

Heard Joffa being interviewed on SEN this morning. Apparently he is refusing to go the footy until Baron Gil of McLaughlinland apologises to footy fans for the supposed crackdown on anti-social barracking. As if that is going to happen in a hurry.

Personally I think Joffa has tie dyed his hair once too often and the peroxide has affected him. He complained the AFL is spying on Cheer Squads, specifically the Collingwood Cheer Squad, to determine whether they are going over the top. Perhaps cheer squads should go back to being just enthusiastic kids and jettison the Trouts and Joffas of this world who seem to be expressing their mid life crises by participating in the Squads.

Heard Joffa being interviewed on SEN this morning. Apparently he is refusing to go the footy until Baron Gil of McLaughlinland apologises to footy fans for the supposed crackdown on anti-social barracking. As if that is going to happen in a hurry.

Personally I think Joffa has tie dyed his hair once too often and the peroxide has affected him. He complained the AFL is spying on Cheer Squads, specifically the Collingwood Cheer Squad, to determine whether they are going over the top. Perhaps cheer squads should go back to being just enthusiastic kids and jettison the Trouts and Joffas of this world who seem to be expressing their mid life crises by participating in the Squads.

Good on Joffra and frankly the AFL and Gill deserve this. Whether we like Joffra or not the sport needs these passionate fans.

People like Joffa are over grown kids thinking they have an excuse to be idiots in tbe form of cheering for their team. The sooner they clean some of theses cheersquads up the better it will look for the game. As soon as their teams start winning regularly they begin to think they are more important than they are.

Get rid of the emarrassing imbeciles hanging over the fence & screaming at players & opposition players for all to hear & see!

People like Joffa are over grown kids thinking they have an excuse to be idiots in tbe form of cheering for their team. The sooner they clean some of theses cheersquads up the better it will look for the game. As soon as their teams start winning regularly they begin to think they are more important than they are.

Get rid of the emarrassing imbeciles hanging over the fence & screaming at players & opposition players for all to hear & see!

Like Kenny?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Part of the problem nowadays is seat allocation. In the old days, it used to be kids and elderly women lining the fence and the blokes would be up the back, drinking cans. It was a bit more civil on the fence unless of course you were at Vicky Park.Of course it was often bedlam up the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back