Autopsy Round 13, 2019: Gold Coast v St.Kilda *NICK HIND DEBUT*

Remove this Banner Ad

Why could Ben come to such a basket case of a club? We're just as likely to lose Max to them atm imo.

That's why winning is huge in those type of games. There isn't much between the sides on age and quality but a bit of a winning edge gives a much better perception externally.

That's why winning is huge in those type of games. There isn't much between the sides on age and quality but a bit of a winning edge gives a much better perception externally.
Yeah nah I'm not convinced Ben was very impressed today. A war of attrition with GC is hardly an inspiring feat.

Acres had the third most touches on our team, 5 clearances and 10 CPs for a guy who didn't get a run through the middle. Acres is the absolute least of our problems.

Yeah, I was wondering why he was getting hammered so much. In that first half there was hardly a winner in our side. It looked like someone had greased the ball. I don't think I've seen that many OOTFs in a game ever. I thought Seb kicking turn over kicks constantly was more of the problem and the disfunction forward line.

Acres had the third most touches on our team, 5 clearances and 10 CPs for a guy who didn't get a run through the middle. Acres is the absolute least of our problems.

For me, stats don't always tell the story. Every week people seem to quote stats when it comes to blake, but he's not cutting it for mine. Does some incredibly stupid things and needs to go back as a wake up call.

Yeah, I was wondering why he was getting hammered so much. In that first half there was hardly a winner in our side. It looked like someone had greased the ball. I don't think I've seen that many OOTFs in a game ever. I thought Seb kicking turn over kicks constantly was more of the problem and the disfunction forward line.
He does it every week. Then has a few good minutes rinse repeat.

Now I didn't get to watch the first 2.5 quarters but I've seen a lot of hate for my by Blake which is standard by now. I saw him make some mistakes. However apparently for a non midfielder he had 5 clearances equal second highest on the team from 22 disposals. For what ever reason he only played 65per cent of the game. Even in the second half he seemed to do some really important clearances and handballs out of congestion.

Made some mistakes but he was quite good. Something to think about - Billings got 2.81 possessions per minute and was BOG. Blake got 2.95 possessions per minute. I like the way he takes a tackle and stands up in it, but every now and then he comes unstuck. He's the last of our problems

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know, maybe the fact that GC are worse, he was a life long Saints fan, whose family live 10 mins from Moorabbin and his twin brother plays there
GC are just as bad, not worse. Players don't care who they supported as a kid once they get picked. He lives on the Gold Coast by himself, he's having a great time. His brother can move clubs too. None of those are compelling reasons to move. Money and success are compelling reasons for AFL players. We can offer money. So can GC.

McKenzie, Newnes, Clark, Armo out that's all i know

Ins: anyone really, doesn't matter at this stage
I suspect Armo will go out for Hannas, but I reckon some of his decision making and handballs were critical to that 3rd qtr comeback. Clark probably didnt earn his spot on output, but I saw a lot of good signs with him today. He would be the one player I would carry to get games into. He has something.
Newnes should take a break, but Dmac wont be dropped any time soon imho

Made some mistakes but he was quite good. Something to think about - Billings got 2.81 possessions per minute and was BOG. Blake got 2.95 possessions per minute. I like the way he takes a tackle and stands up in it, but every now and then he comes unstuck. He's the last of our problems
Hes playing out of position as a hybrid mid ruck flanker that would confuse the * out of the best players

Clark's fitness worries me. He has had 18 months in a professional environment and still looks like he has kids arms and no muscle definition. All the kids from last years draft are already ahead of him body wise.

He has no doubt filled out but looks to also have lost the zip he had last year. I wonder if having 3 x 18/19 old kids (Clark, Coffield & Langlands) living together is the best thing for these lads?

I suspect Armo will go out for Hannas, but I reckon some of his decision making and handballs were critical to that 3rd qtr comeback. Clark probably didnt earn his spot on output, but I saw a lot of good signs with him today. He would be the one player I would carry to get games into. He has something.
Newnes should take a break, but Dmac wont be dropped any time soon imho
DMac kept the best forward Gold Coast has got quiet - Sexton - and people want the guy dropped.

I'd give armo another week

acres and newnes need to be dropped imo
Or heaven forbid we play them in a position they're suited to.
Caro said not long ago Richo has reverted to his old controlling stubborn ways. Might explain a bit too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back