Autopsy Rd 13 Blues double comeback just falls short in a thriller

Who played well for the Blues in Round 13?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Taunting fans after the game. :mad:

Scumbag is being way too nice for that campaigner!

D9J9IkRUEAAikFH.jpg
What a little turd.

I didn't enjoy it either.. the loss that is.

Bont, Mcrae, Dunkley, Whom to tag. its a tuff gig.

Lets not go defensive 1st quarter and see how the game unfolds..

ohh ****..

Don’t need to tag their entire midfield, just their best.

As we saw, momentum can swing hard and fast.

Just a fact frizzy dizzy. Nah it was his 2 tackles for the whole game that won me over. When things are going bad is when u need ur seniors to stand up. He didn't. I still stand by what I said. I'm pretty sure murph would agree.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
What you said was that he had 4 touches till half time. I called you out because you purposefully neglected the second half. You have now added the two tackles stat to help you out. It may interest you to know that 14 (fourteen) Carlton players had two tackles or less on the night.

What you said was that he had 4 touches till half time. I called you out because you purposefully neglected the second half. You have now added the two tackles stat to help you out. It may interest you to know that 14 (fourteen) Carlton players had two tackles or less on the night.
Yes because 4 touches to half time isnt great. Even if he had 50 possies in the 3rd.i dont know where ur coming from.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He really really is taking care of himself and in all honestly I don't blame him. He's in his 30s and has very little to play for. We're not playing finals. Being an old player in a side that is perennially bad and isn't playing finals, it's tough to get motivated and put your body on the line for nothing.

I'm wondering if we became good again and started playing finals whether Murphy would lift and start playing contact football again...
Agreed.

I don't have a problem with players doing this either. No point putting your body on the line, only to finish bottom and end your career prematurely.

Hell, I've got mates that are Tigers fans that reckon Dusty has taken a few games off this year due to their injury issues. They reckon he's saving himself for when they can hopefully have another crack next year.

Fingers crossed we turn the corner in 2020 and Murph can stay on the park and is playing well.

The way I see it , we are now playing like a typical very young side- flashes of good and bad. The commonality being inconsistency.

But thats OK- the confidence our players are getting from those flashes of brilliance far outweighs any negatives that are associated with our flashes of bad. It is showing them all what they are capable of doing- and giving them something to work towards.
Funnily enough having BB before Teague could act to the team development advantage. Deep down they all know that what BB was trying to instill , is a path they eventually need to follow- defence and structure first. Defence/structure when played well will usually beat the offensive game. Our players have tasted the BB approach and will have learnt from it and will endeavor to combine it in with DT's offensive/freedom based approach. Our players know what they have to learn eventually, but for now are happy to be free-balling their way through a few games
This is one of the reasons I'm kinda keen that we look to Teague or Ratten or someone from the Clarkson school as next coach. So we build on the work done, rather than change things up again.

Agree. My argument isn't that he is a superstar any more but the link up play, footy smarts etc mean that we are substantially better off in the team than without him based on our current list.
He still ads value to our team, he just needs to stop trying these dinky kicks on his left foot.

I didn't enjoy it either.. the loss that is.

Bont, Mcrae, Dunkley, Whom to tag. its a tuff gig.

Lets not go defensive 1st quarter and see how the game unfolds..

ohh ****..
Short memory. When we played 6 weeks ago our midfield pantsed their midfield and we won the game easily. So you are surprised Teague backed our team in?

Go defensive in the earlier match and maybe we don't win that game.

Easy to say what we should have done in hindsight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, O'Brien's miss was very disappointing, in space and with time. And yes, Smith kicked one nice goal (you're quite liberal with your plurals). But Smith had a total of 3 kicks for the match. If we're going to compare them directly, O'Brien was the better player on the night, by a distance.

Suckling? He kicked one goal from a centring pass that fell through the goalmouth. Super kick, no question, but it wasn't like he meant it, as was obvious from his own reaction. Other than that, I saw two missed set shots, one of which was straightforward... and running into goal in the last couple of minutes of the game, at least 10-15 m closer in than O'Brien was, and with the chance to ice the game, he took the third of two options, and landed it on Casboult's chest. Fatigue would have been a factor, but it was a terrible piece of play, gave us a big chance to attack and win the game.

On balance, I really kinda hope O'Brien doesn't become Suckling. To be honest, I expect him to be better than that.

Have never rated Suckling - soft as butter.

He just happened to be lucky to be at Hawthorn while they had a strong squad to hide his frailties.

I would hope all of our players would aspire to be better than Suckling.

Cripps had McCrae hanging off him every minute he was on the ground.

Murphy didn’t.

Also a fact - so IMHO its silly to compare the two.
The point was, at a guess there would of been a dozen players that would of had under 10 disposals to their name ,before half time , not only Murphy!! Cripps was
only an example..

The point was, at a guess there would of been a dozen players that would of had under 10 disposals to their name ,before half time , not only Murphy!! Cripps was
only an example..

Murphy looked like a guy that hadn’t played for over a month. Took him a while to get into it. Not unusual for any player. Once he did he was good IMO

Ridiculous to single him out

He really really is taking care of himself and in all honestly I don't blame him. He's in his 30s and has very little to play for. We're not playing finals. Being an old player in a side that is perennially bad and isn't playing finals, it's tough to get motivated and put your body on the line for nothing.

I'm wondering if we became good again and started playing finals whether Murphy would lift and start playing contact football again...

So when he jumped, took the hospital handball on the wing and subsequently got smashed, exposing his probably still broken ribs, he was protecting himself??

Back