Preview Round 14, 2019: St.Kilda v Brisbane - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 22nd June, 4:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 41 69.5%
  • Lions

Votes: 18 30.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why why why remove Brown. Really, without Brown we would be a few wins less this year at least. He is gold, you don't remove gold from your portfolio.
he didn't look like gold against the other King , Richo ended up moving Wilkie on him.

I must say this about Brown , he came back this year and did his best preseason he has ever done - personnel best times etc , also he has not gone down with a injury and without doubt he is our best lockdown Fullback.
However I feel they are attempting to move Marsh or Willie in to the position.

Obviously you can’t be upset about those changes. Massive ins.

Poor Brandon White might of missed his opportunity. Was hoping he would get up for another crack this week. Webster’s return is looming as well just to make things harder for him.

Would of loved Paton in as well. But that would have been at Clarke’s expense. Paton has shown more but it won’t hurt to get another game into hunter either.

K
he didn't look like gold against the other King , Richo ended up moving Wilkie on him.

I must say this about Brown , he came back this year and did his best preseason he has ever done - personnel best times etc , also he has not gone down with a injury and without doubt he is our best lockdown Fullback.
However I feel they are attempting to move Marsh or Willie in to the position.
King got a goal due to a Luke dunstan holding the man and another of a fluke snap kick dropping short. Brown played him well. Didn’t see him for the rest of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlisle doing match sim in the forward half may indicate something - or maybe it doesn't.
With Brown going out, it suggests he has to play back. Brisbane play three talls - having Marsh, Battle and Wilkie on them leaves us vulnerable so having our best KPD sitting at full forward wouldn't make much sense.

Another thing selection shows is we obviously are very happy with Marsh and see him as a long term defender for us.

I’m pumped for this game, if we can shut down Neale and Zorko I think we’ll win this.

I like what Brisbane have done but our side is starting to take shape as well. I think Hannebery is going to be huge as an on field general and getting jake back is a big boost as well. On the downside I’m disappointed that white is injured I would have liked to see the kid get an extended run.

We are going to miss steel this game someone is going to have to sacrifice there game to lock down neale. Who will do the job. I would like to see Clark have a go at it
Ross is the obvious choice, since in the past he has done some great lock down jobs.

But I think it would be interesting to try Sinclair in that role. Since is a good tackler and great runner so he would easily be ablate keep with Neale all game but he is also an incredibly smart footballer who could expose Neale going the other way. His biggest flaw is he doesn't get the ball enough, so following the oppositions ball magnet around could actually impact the game more.

Ross is the obvious choice, since in the past he has done some great lock down jobs.

But I think it would be interesting to try Sinclair in that role. Since is a good tackler and great runner so he would easily be ablate keep with Neale all game but he is also an incredibly smart footballer who could expose Neale going the other way. His biggest flaw is he doesn't get the ball enough, so following the oppositions ball magnet around could actually impact the game more.

How about Newnes as a tagger, he's fit enough, and he wouldn't get as many disposals. Without Steele and Steven, we need Ross to help win the ball out of the middle. Don't mind the idea of Sinclair at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back