Preview Round 14, 2019: St.Kilda v Brisbane - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 22nd June, 4:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 41 69.5%
  • Lions

Votes: 18 30.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought Armo was alright last week myself. If he spends most of his time at half back I think we’ve got enough pacy defenders to cover him.

Our midfield is looking a bit one paced except for Gresh but that’s pretty much been the case without Steven.

I predict one of Battle or Carlisle will play forward , Marsh or Wilkie will play Full Back.
Our problems is our forward line and they have to do something if we want to win this game.
Hind to slot into the half back flank.

Our problem with our line up is speed and with Armitage , Dunstan , Ross , Hannebery it's not getting any faster.

Stoked to see Carlisle run around again and Hannebery finally with a debut.

Couple of massive ins, don't mind that Armo is in but would've liked Hind out for Paton.

Anyway, massive game, 7-5 v 6-6 so really is an 8 point game.
I was surprised to read the stats and see Hind o my had the 7 touches. I thought he had a big influence on the game at times.

I predict one of Battle or Carlisle will play forward , Marsh or Wilkie will play Full Back.
Our problems is our forward line and they have to do something if we want to win this game.
Hind to slot into the half back flank.

Our problem with our line up is speed and with Armitage , Dunstan , Ross , Hannebery it's not getting any faster.

Battle to McStay, Marsh to Hipwood, Carlisle to do whatever he wants :p

Not sure how I feel about Armo still in. Honestly I don’t think we’ll win this. Be a big shock for the lions to lose to Carlton then us.

I have a friend who follows them, he's pretty pessimistic, he reckons the'll unravel when the pressure comes we do. He's convinced they will drop this after leading, he called Carlton winning last week too. They seem to mentally fall at hurdles and kick themselves out of games. Sounds like it might be a competition to see who can kick themselves out of it first.

Thought Armo was alright last week myself. If he spends most of his time at half back I think we’ve got enough pacy defenders to cover him.

Our midfield is looking a bit one paced except for Gresh but that’s pretty much been the case without Steven.
They will most probably put Armitage back , because it would be the only place you could put him to get a touch - just hope his player doesn't kill us.
I'd rather a guy who could take a bounce out of the back flank - the only thing Armo would do fast is knocking off Big Macs at McDonalds.

Can't really complain about the changes. Perhaps Brown is unlucky, last time we dropped him we missed him... but we obviously want our backline to be dynamic. Hannebery in is fantastic, brings leadership and experience which we are missing. Some say Armo is unlucky, I thought he was important last week and earned his place. Feel bad for White as he was awesome, hope we see him in there again this year.

Huge game. Absolutely massive. Biggest question-mark is how we stop their mids, Neale and Zorko will be very dangerous. No Steele really hurts. Big ask, but we can do it.

Armo might not be quick but he was mentally quick last week, the ball was already moving as soon as he took possession.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It
I reckon the forward line for nearly every side probably takes about 3 contested marks inside 50 a game. It’s a bit of a myth. If we move it slowly which is our plan we need to wait until numbers are close to level and that’s when the smalls should do there job Faster movement suits talls because they are one on one. That’s why they thought the 6 6 6 rule would help but it hasn’t because there are 12 players inside the 50.
s not necessarily about taking the mark as it is about evening up the numbers not allowing free opposition defenders to intercept and better balance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back