Preview Round 14, 2019: St.Kilda v Brisbane - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 22nd June, 4:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 41 69.5%
  • Lions

Votes: 18 30.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going to miss steel this game someone is going to have to sacrifice there game to lock down neale. Who will do the job. I would like to see Clark have a go at it

He's one of our softer players at the moment, and probably doesn't have the tank to match it with Neale.

I have a bad vibe about this game , unless Bruce can hit the scoreboard a bit more i cant see us kicking a winning score and they have put a lot of faith in Jake to come back so quick . All the best to Dan and i hope he has a blinder as no doubt his mate Purple will be keeping a close eye on him like a vulture does with a carcass

I have a bad vibe about this game , unless Bruce can hit the scoreboard a bit more i cant see us kicking a winning score and they have put a lot of faith in Jake to come back so quick . All the best to Dan and i hope he has a blinder as no doubt his mate Purple will be keeping a close eye on him like a vulture does with a carcass
As long as Bruce is smashing the packs and getting the ball to ground any thing he does after that is a bonus

How about Newnes as a tagger, he's fit enough, and he wouldn't get as many disposals. Without Steele and Steven, we need Ross to help win the ball out of the middle. Don't mind the idea of Sinclair at all.
There’s only one thing wrong with Sinclair and it’s stopping him taking the next step, he’s too willing to allow less talented teammates to take possessions he should.

He’ll lay a block or Shepard but he needs to go 100% at the football and call his teammates out, his stats would rocket into the mid twenties imo. Just watch a replay and you’ll see it time after time two saints going for the same ball 9 out of 10 times he’s the one who gives way so effectively a less talented runner and user of the ball takes possession.

He’ll never be the player he could be and will ultimately end up as a bit player unless he steps up and owns it imo.

How about Newnes as a tagger, he's fit enough, and he wouldn't get as many disposals. Without Steele and Steven, we need Ross to help win the ball out of the middle. Don't mind the idea of Sinclair at all.
To use a tagged they must be naturals in their position. As it is our midfield ordinary. Moving in a non mid makes it worse. The obvious run with is ross. Someone suggested Clark. Not sure he knows what defence is. Nothing wrong with that. Just not a role I think he could do.

I think the club is a bit worried about our inability to kick goals from the amount of entries into the forward half- Bruce just isn't doing it as a KPP, and maybe Carlise will be the forward experiment.

To use a tagged they must be naturals in their position. As it is our midfield ordinary. Moving in a non mid makes it worse. The obvious run with is ross. Someone suggested Clark. Not sure he knows what defence is. Nothing wrong with that. Just not a role I think he could do.
Clark would be good in the Ross role of 1st receiver in my view while Ross acts as Steele

Left field but I’d send Newnes to Zorko. Ross head to head with Neale with a defensive mindset.
If we’re struggling forward - Carlisle to full forward. Wilkie, Battle and Marsh to take their talls. Hind moves to the back flank

There’s only one thing wrong with Sinclair and it’s stopping him taking the next step, he’s too willing to allow less talented teammates to take possessions he should.

He’ll lay a block or Shepard but he needs to go 100% at the football and call his teammates out, his stats would rocket into the mid twenties imo. Just watch a replay and you’ll see it time after time two saints going for the same ball 9 out of 10 times he’s the one who gives way so effectively a less talented runner and user of the ball takes possession.

He’ll never be the player he could be and will ultimately end up as a bit player unless he steps up and owns it imo.

If you noticed it , for sure the coaches would have noticed it, and that makes him more than a bit player IMO. Helping other get a clean possession is a terrific part of the modern game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Left field but I’d send Newnes to Zorko. Ross head to head with Neale with a defensive mindset.
If we’re struggling forward - Carlisle to full forward. Wilkie, Battle and Marsh to take their talls. Hind moves to the back flank

I love that term.

" So you were tagging on the weekend Seb"? "Noooo i went head to head with a defensive mindset :D "

I think we need Membrey and Bruce to kick 5 or 6 between them. The small forwards a similar amount ( between all of them), and a few from mids.
So far this year :
0 once.
1 three times.
2 5 times.
3 once
4 twice.

Bruce is worse.
0 four times.
1 four times.
2 three times.
3 once.

Most we can hope for is Membrey to go berserk and Bruce to snag one.
I'd be happier with another target there.

I love that term.

" So you were tagging on the weekend Seb"? "Noooo i went head to head with a defensive mindset :D "
Kind of like a defensive forward?

I’ll paraphrase for you.
Seb goes head to head with Neale and is accountable every time Neale goes near the footy. He then tries to hurt by going the other way and making Neale accountable.
If he was all out tagging then he just follows Neale around everywhere and Neale doesn’t have to worry about Seb getting the ball because he knows that’s not his job.

I think we need Membrey and Bruce to kick 5 or 6 between them. The small forwards a similar amount ( between all of them), and a few from mids.
So far this year :
0 once.
1 three times.
2 5 times.
3 once
4 twice.

Bruce is worse.
0 four times.
1 four times.
2 three times.
3 once.

Most we can hope for is Membrey to go berserk and Bruce to snag one.
I'd be happier with another target there.
Not sure jake is the answer either , he is more the pinch hitter or the guy running off the back half kicking a snag than the full time forward

Confident.
Saw the job Curnow did on Neale the other week and not a single other midfielder for the Lions stepped up.
Saints by 28.
I think their coach is smart enough to have seen that too , not sure it will happen again

Pretty evenly matched on paper, they look slightly stronger but we'll be at home... this should be a good indicator of our current state.

It's a tough game, but not unwinnable. With our big inclusions and being back home I think we are going to surprise a few. Brisbane seems to be a team that surges in fits and spurts but they rarely have put together a sustained 4 quarter effort, so if we can hang around like we tend to do and come home strong I've got a good feeling. Hopefully 30k show up because we haven't had a game in VIC in forever.

Ideal weekend would be Melbourne beating Fremantle, we beat Brisbane, and Geelong beat Port Adelaide.

Would put us 9th and outside the 8 only on percentage.

It's a tough game, but not unwinnable. With our big inclusions and being back home I think we are going to surprise a few. Brisbane seems to be a team that surges in fits and spurts but they rarely have put together a sustained 4 quarter effort, so if we can hang around like we tend to do and come home strong I've got a good feeling. Hopefully 30k show up because we haven't had a game in VIC in forever.

Unfortunately we will be lucky to get 20k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back