Preview Round 15 2019: Saints vs Richmond - Sunday, 30 June, Marvel, 1.10 PM - Maddies Match Please Donate

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fraser Turner featured on coaches corner this week. Doesn't that normally mean they are close to debut? Maybe v GC but surely not this week unless?

Ins: Cotchin, Astbury, Edwards, Bolton, Soldo.
Outs: Menadue, Higgins, Garthwaite, Chol, Butler

Lambert another week off, Short to play 1-2 weeks in the VFL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Longest bloody mid-season break in history!
Will be 17 days come Sunday - with the cricket WC on as well feels like the season is over...
I checked the ladder and we are ******* 9th!
How long have I been asleep?

At least our hurt boys will have had an extra week and a half to get fit.

Fraser Turner featured on coaches corner this week. Doesn't that normally mean they are close to debut? Maybe v GC but surely not this week unless?

Has a stress reaction in his tibia, out for a month

How good do they rekon this Marlion Guy is ?
stack on roids :)

I get the sense they are very very happy we got him to the club. Can play off Hb but has really made a name for himself as a midfielder since T.Kelly got drafted. Looks to have the skill, speed and toughness in abundance, hopefully he's working hard on conditioning. Usually people who have done it tough and received a second chance tend to not let chances go to waste. If he doesnt make it it wont be due to lack of work ethic or application

For once I’ve enjoyed the bye week. No footy for over a week, been awesome. :D

Hopefully we can win this week but a usual I’m not super confident. ;)

It's been glorious - got heaps done - and actually got back into cricket again. The Tiges will smash the second half of the season, with guys coming back in. We're in touch with the 8, the 4 is a valuable carrot to motivate the team, and we've blooded the next generation. The next couple of months will be epic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

must say this game smells heavily of a loss now
Bloody saints are gonna be in a kill or be killed mind frame - win or die trying because they really are ****ed if they lose badly again.
Although we also must win, we have bigger fish to fry later in the year and with 4 - 6 players returning from injury, how battle hardened are we gonna be against an opponent likely to go kamikaze.
And it is at our kryptonite ground too.

We should win well but........... :oops:

Bloody saints are gonna be in a kill or be killed mind frame - win or die trying because they really are ****** if they lose badly again.
Although we also must win, we have bigger fish to fry later in the year and with 4 - 6 players returning from injury, how battle hardened are we gonna be against an opponent likely to go kamikaze.
And it is at our kryptonite ground too.

We should win well but........... :oops:
6-4 from our last 10 there, hardly kryptonite.

We really cant afford to drop either of the next 2 games against Saints & Suns and getting a few soldiers back this week goes a long way to achieving this.
Then as we get a few more best 22 back into the team we will be in good shape to tackle our last 7 games at the MCG to take our shot at the finals.
I reckon top 4 is a stretch but 5 or 6 is achievable giving us a home elimination final

stack on roids :)

I get the sense they are very very happy we got him to the club. Can play off Hb but has really made a name for himself as a midfielder since T.Kelly got drafted. Looks to have the skill, speed and toughness in abundance, hopefully he's working hard on conditioning. Usually people who have done it tough and received a second chance tend to not let chances go to waste. If he doesnt make it it wont be due to lack of work ethic or application

Marlion stepped into Kelly's spot and killed it. You cannot extrapolate from that. But, he's supposed to be a genuine highly skilled hard nut inside outside player. He should dominate VFL, and if he does he'll probably get a shot at the AFL. He's the right size and will be AFL fit. So here's hoping he translate being a dominant state leaguer into being a good AFL player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back