2019 ALL AUSTRALIAN TEAM

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Crouch has been nothing like Matt Crouch this year. He has been damaging and is having a career best year. It sounds like you're picking players on status rather than the actual games they've played. If you asked Crows supporters right now who was their best mid, they would say Brad Crouch for this year. Anyway, this isn't about them, it was just an example. Not having Dangerfield I can understand, given he's having a good year but not a 2016 year. Not having TK is just wrong, lol.

Firstly, read my expanded response to your last post, RE: Sloane vs. Kelly.

The Crouch brothers are possibly the least damaging 30 disposal a game players in the history of footy. I'd particularly like to highlight that Brad's disposal efficiency is just 62.4%, when only a third of his possessions are contested, and almost half of his disposals are handballs. You could accept that from a heavily-contested player who gains a lot of distance with their disposals (eg. Dangerfield), but it's just junk touches and rubbish ball use for the most part with Brad Crouch.

So apparently Tim Kelly can't even make it into your Top 50, let alone your starting 22. Would love to see the rationale behind this, given he's leading the Brownlow Predictor, coaches votes and probably our best and fairest. Odd to say the least...

Yeah gotta agree with you on this one. Tim Kelly was a legitimate oversight in my opinion.

I do think that Duncan has to go though. I'm not sure if there's a stat for out on the fulls or complete shanks off the side of the boot but he'd have to be leading it. Which is surprising because I regarded him as a player of adequate skills.

And Grundy over Lycett without question.

Tom Stewart has also be quite ineffective the last 6 weeks of the season so he can go for Nick Haynes.

Locks at this stage:
- Grundy and Gawn both have to be in the team again. Lottery as to who is starting.
- Michael Walters and Gary Ablett on the flanks both averaging 20+disposals, 2goals.
- Jeremy Cameron at either FF or CH, leading the Coleman atm. Other key forward most likely Hawkins who is 2nd in Coleman plus Geelong are top.
- Jordan De Goey in one of the pockets. Kicked the 2nd most goals outside of key forwards (1st is Walters) and Collingwood sitting in 2nd.
- Tom Stewart and Shannon Hurn in defence. They are both having better seasons than last year and they made the squad then.
- Lachie Whitfield on the wing but it depends on how many games he plays. I think he needs roughly another 6 and he should be in.
- Travis Boak, Josh Kelly, Nat Fyfe on the ball who have been incredible so far. Also Tim Kelly leading the coaches votes and most Brownlow predictors will be in the team also, probably on the interchange

Spots up for grabs: That leaves 8 spots.
- 1 forward (pocket): Leading contender at the moment would be Charlie Cameron with what he is doing up in Brisbane. The other 2 possible players for this spot would be Tom Papley or Eddie Betts at the moment.

- 2 Key backs (FB and CHB): Alex Pearce going down for the season opens up one of these spots. I think Harris Andrews is in a great position to get into the team. McGovern has to be in the conversation as well as Hurley the way Essendon's defence is going at the moment. Then you have guys like Phil Davis or Robbie Tarrant who get the job done each week and definitely have a good case.

- 2 backs (pockets): For the last 2 spots there is a few guys that come to mind. Daniel Rich is definitely worth a look along with Brad Sheppard. Then you have Houli who is getting a lot of the footy, same goes for Jake Lloyd. Sicily also have a solid year but needs to be playing backline for the rest of the season.

- 1 wingman: I think the 2 guys vying for this spot are Ricky Henderson and Mitch Duncan who are having sensational seasons so far. Possibly Gaff could be in the mix also.

- 2 interchange spots: Most likely will go to midfielders. There are quite a few in the running. I think Dangerfield is one of the favourites here along with Patrick Cripps. However there is Tim Taranto and Stephen Coniglio from GWS who are having serious seasons. But then there is also Lachie Neale and Adam Treloar who will poll well in the Bronwlow. Others in the conversation would be Bontempelli, Elliot Yeo and possibly Pendlebury, Oliver and Merrett.

Locks at this stage:
- Grundy and Gawn both have to be in the team again. Lottery as to who is starting.
- Michael Walters and Gary Ablett on the flanks both averaging 20+disposals, 2goals.
- Jeremy Cameron at either FF or CH, leading the Coleman atm. Other key forward most likely Hawkins who is 2nd in Coleman plus Geelong are top.
- Jordan De Goey in one of the pockets. Kicked the 2nd most goals outside of key forwards (1st is Walters) and Collingwood sitting in 2nd.
- Tom Stewart and Shannon Hurn in defence. They are both having better seasons than last year and they made the squad then.
- Lachie Whitfield on the wing but it depends on how many games he plays. I think he needs roughly another 6 and he should be in.
- Travis Boak, Josh Kelly, Nat Fyfe on the ball who have been incredible so far. Also Tim Kelly leading the coaches votes and most Brownlow predictors will be in the team also, probably on the interchange

- 1 forward (pocket): Leading contender at the moment would be Charlie Cameron with what he is doing up in Brisbane. The other 2 possible players for this spot would be Tom Papley or Eddie Betts at the moment.

- 2 Key backs (FB and CHB): Alex Pearce going down for the season opens up one of these spots. I think Harris Andrews is in a great position to get into the team. McGovern has to be in the conversation as well as Hurley the way Essendon's defence is going at the moment. Then you have guys like Phil Davis or Robbie Tarrant who get the job done each week and definitely have a good case.

- 2 backs (pockets): For the last 2 spots there is a few guys that come to mind. Daniel Rich is definitely worth a look along with Brad Sheppard. Then you have Houli who is getting a lot of the footy, same goes for Jake Lloyd. Sicily also have a solid year but needs to be playing backline for the rest of the season.

- 1 wingman: I think the 2 guys vying for this spot are Ricky Henderson and Mitch Duncan who are having sensational seasons so far. Possibly Gaff could be in the mix also.

- 2 interchange spots: Most likely will go to midfielders. There are quite a few in the running. I think Dangerfield is one of the favourites here along with Patrick Cripps. However there is Tim Taranto and Stephen Coniglio from GWS who are having serious seasons. But then there is also Lachie Neale and Adam Treloar who will poll well in the Bronwlow. Others in the conversation would be Bontempelli, Elliot Yeo and possibly Pendlebury, Oliver and Merrett.
If you are choosing between Betts and Cameron then Matera should be in that conversation, he has 2 goals less than them yes but has played 2 games. He has them covered for average marks, disposals and metres gained and Score involvements! He is having a massive impact, has made the 'team of the week' a few times too.

Last edited:
B: Tom Stewart - Harris Andrews - Adam Saad
HB: Shannon Hurn - Jeremy McGovern - Daniel Rich
C: Josh Kelly - Patrick Cripps - Tim Kelly
HF: Gary Ablett - Jeremy Cameron - Michael Walters
F: Charlie Cameron - Tom Hawkins - Jordan De Goey
R: Max Gawn - Nat Fyfe - Travis Boak
I/C: Brodie Grundy - Patrick Dangerfield - Steven Coniglio - Tom Papley

Locks at this stage:

Still trying to work out why people like yourself are continually overlooking Adam Saad, if not as a lock then certainly in the conversation.

For mine he’s a definite lock. He has not only been exhilarating offensively but also defensively inspirational. You’d hate to have to play on him. His first two seasons are the best I’ve seen from an Essendon BP since Wanganeen.

Still trying to work out why people like yourself are continually overlooking Adam Saad, if not as a lock then certainly in the conversation.

For mine he’s a definite lock. He has not only been exhilarating offensively but also defensively inspirational. You’d hate to have to play on him. His first two seasons are the best I’ve seen from an Essendon BP since Wanganeen.
Still trying to work out why people like yourself are continually upset by strangers who won't 'lock' their player.

For mine he's in the squad and borderline team.

I'd have Cunnington in the squad but many don't, it happens.

Still trying to work out why people like yourself are continually upset by strangers who won't 'lock' their player.

For mine he's in the squad and borderline team.

I'd have Cunnington in the squad but many don't, it happens.
I’m not upset at another poster’s opinion, I’m simply making an observation in response to another poster’s contribution. Saad is getting overlooked and I’m pointing out the reasons why he shouldn’t.

I’m still trying to work out why some poster’s want to get all high and mighty as if they somehow own a frickin BF thread.

Would you look at that
Easy prediction to make. But hey, might as well give yourself a pat on the back.

After Saad’s game the other night I came here curious to see if he’s getting the recognition he deserves. These threads are all about challenging each other’s views on worthy players. Of course there will be underrated players put forward 👌

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easy prediction to make. But hey, might as well give yourself a pat on the back.

After Saad’s game the other night I came here curious to see if he’s getting the recognition he deserves. These threads are all about challenging each other’s views on worthy players. Of course there will be underrated players put forward 👌
I rate Saad's season highly and agree that he should be in AA chatter, but I always find it funny how every supporter reckons their club's small defender is the best in the comp.

I rate Saad's season highly and agree that he should be in AA chatter, but I always find it funny how every supporter reckons their club's small defender is the best in the comp.
Lots of really good Running HB's this year if Saads in the conversation then so is someone like Impey and if so then so is.... etc... its just a very attractive role played by creative players.

Lots of really good Running HB's this year if Saads in the conversation then so is someone like Impey and if so then so is.... etc... its just a very attractive role played by creative players.
Saad is shutting down the oppositions best small whilst doing it though.

Saad is shutting down the oppositions best small whilst doing it though.
Impey is getting tagged so his opponent isnt really doing much offensively either, head to head i have Saad ahead but not by much and not by enough to say with any confidence he will make AA.

Impey is getting tagged so his opponent isnt really doing much offensively either, head to head i have Saad ahead but not by much and not by enough to say with any confidence he will make AA.
Yes because shutting down players like Charlie Cameron, Toby Greene and Tom Papley is comparable to apparently getting tagged.

Yes because shutting down players like Charlie Cameron, Toby Greene and Tom Papley is comparable to apparently getting tagged.
You make a good case for him to be ahead but not by enough to say with any confidence he will make AA.

You make a good case for him to be ahead but not by enough to say with any confidence he will make AA.
A guy who is averaging more touches, intercepts, rebound 50's, metres gained as a half back whilst shutting down the opposition best forward is comparable to apparently getting a tag once who averages more in what statistical area relevant to a half back?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back