Who is accountable for our club's catastrophic misreading of our list?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm telling you your dreaming apart from the last line

Im happy to say my dreams are closer than your reality then.
Given the lack of high picks, recruiters and development have done a great job over a number of years.
We should be contending. The list should be contending. We should be pushing for the last weeks of September.
You understand that? Not saying we are the best, but I'm saying we should be near the pointy end.

Tbh can't see too many of them making a difference

I said drop Douglas but he really wasn't the problem our highest paid players in tex and Betts failed Gibbs another highly paid is out of form and we need JJ in form although he isn't highly paid

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Right so we just keep playing the s**t 32 year olds right and rather than fixing a problem, complain that there are other problems. What a great strategy.

Sorry, I may have to change my name to brokenRecord. I think it is game plan and the right players to execute it. Not sure anyone needs to fall on their sword. It would be refreshing if someone put up their hand and say obviously what we are doing is not working and we are going to look over the last few losses and identity exactly what needs to be done to arrest it.

Im happy to say my dreams are closer than your reality then.
Given the lack of high picks, recruiters and development have done a great job over a number of years.
We should be contending. The list should be contending. We should be pushing for the last weeks of September.
You understand that? Not saying we are the best, but I'm saying we should be near the pointy end.

We are a lucky club, run by mediocre people who share in its luck.

We are a lucky club, run by mediocre people who share in its luck.

Luck???
The vic bias is against us (I'm victorian too btw), the VFL bias against us.
We have large support and cash. That keeps us important, but not given any favours.
We should be more powerful like WC. So, ultimately, I agree with your line of run by mediocre people - but not by luck - by wealth.
We always get 50k to each match. Lets have a season of 25k attendance and see them panic...

The league is such now that anyone can win on any given day, perhaps not the Suns now I guess.

Even the Eagles have been destroyed at home on occasions this season. In 2017 we were also on the end of some floggings.

The difference now is we don't play a style that suits the players at our disposal. I can handle losing whilst putting your best foot forward and playing a style that could win, but you're beaten by a better team on the day.

We didn't do that today.

Disagree, we were never contending this year. We misread the capacity of our list, the 'turn around' that old men would make, and our capacity to rebound.

This was a list that needed to be turned over.
Disagree, the problem isn't with the list, it's there are periods in games were we meekly fold from winning position where the entire team doesn't seem to try at all, our best is clearly good enough and has competed with the contenders (and that's with carrying Douglas and MacKay). We were in winning position against Geelong both at home and away and West Coast at home, North away and today against Port Power but in all of those games, we folded.
I thought we always had another 2 years to be serious premiership contenders but now I am not so sure if we can't fix this.

Douglas, Mackay, Jacobs, Brad Crouch, Atkins, Walker, are all players that should not be on our list under any circumstances next season.

Ideally neither would Kelly, as he's a perfect candidate to flip for picks when the price is highest. Not a comment on him, just an acceptance that Doedee is better, and selling the strongly performing but otherwise not outstanding backup and letting a couple of 18-20 year olds develop as backups is how quality list management is supposed to work.

Gallucci should be informed of how thin the ice beneath him is, and how easily it can break before the end of 2020.

If wee instead try and flip pick 2 into another top up player, even if it is Grundy, I'll burn the HQ down myself.

Douglas, Mackay, Jacobs, Brad Crouch, Atkins, Walker, are all players that should not be on our list under any circumstances next season.

Ideally neither would Kelly, as he's a perfect candidate to flip for picks when the price is highest. Not a comment on him, just an acceptance that Doedee is better, and selling the strongly performing but otherwise not outstanding backup and letting a couple of 18-20 year olds develop as backups is how quality list management is supposed to work.

Gallucci should be informed of how thin the ice beneath him is, and how easily it can break before the end of 2020.

If wee instead try and flip pick 2 into another top up player, even if it is Grundy, I'll burn the HQ down myself.
Bottoming out wouldn't be a bad idea

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Luck???
The vic bias is against us (I'm victorian too btw), the VFL bias against us.
We have large support and cash. That keeps us important, but not given any favours.
We should be more powerful like WC. So, ultimately, I agree with your line of run by mediocre people - but not by luck - by wealth.
We always get 50k to each match. Lets have a season of 25k attendance and see them panic...

Mate, you are kind of proving my point here.

Brad Crouch?? The bloke leading our BnF ??

There's vendettas and then there's pure, unadulterated ****headedness

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People saying the list is there- as premiership contenders?

Are you ******* serious?
Agreed , absolute delusion - compare our team with the Eagles , Geelong , GWS , Collingwood and even a fully fit Richmond . Nowhere near it .

Plus our top end of list is old and in steady decline . It could well be a very painful couple of years ahead if this chosen path is maintained .

Brad Crouch?? The bloke leading our BnF ??

There's vendettas and then there's pure, unadulterated ****headedness

The real Brad Crouch showed up again the last two weeks, the one that actually matters - he always has, and by now people should realise always will, evaporate in the tough games against the tough opponents. A player who is so overwhelmingly a one way runner cannot continue on in this league if he does nothing but jog and cause turnovers while attacking. Him still being on our list is as much of an indictment of the culture at this club as the failure to develop players to push Mackay and Douglas out of the side even as they play in their 30s

This club will never get anywhere until it finally accepts that the Brad Crouch experiment has failed, moves him on for what they can get, and gets over it. Sunk cost fallacy is an incredibly destructive mental barrier.

And my money is on Keath leading the BnF right now, by a ways.

The real Brad Crouch showed up again the last two weeks, the one that actually matters - he always has, and by now people should realise always will, evaporate in the tough games against the tough opponents. Him still being on our list is as much of an indictment of the culture at this club as the failure to develop players to push Mackay and Douglas out of the side even as they play in their 30s

This club will never get anywhere until it finally accepts that the Brad Crouch experiment has failed, moves him on for what they can get, and gets over it.
Lol he must have really annoyed you.

Let's trade our best midfielder away.

Agreed , absolute delusion - compare our team with the Eagles , Geelong , GWS , Collingwood and even a fully fit Richmond . Nowhere near it .

Plus our top end of list is old and in steady decline . It could well be a very painful couple of years ahead if this chosen path is maintained .
We beat GWS at home, where in winning position against both West Coast at home and Geelong both at home and away.....

The thing is people have to proselytise post game to all the oldies and those that don't use BF or instagram or facebook.

Talk loudly to a mate about the BS of the club, spread that discourse out there like a virus and it will fester, it is honestly the only shot at any sort of change that we as supporters have, even then it isn't a great shot. The perfect time to do this is after a loss like that, people are pissed off and they will attach that feeling to any somewhat compelling idea, thankfully the Crows provide us with many opportunities.

In an ideal world the CEO and the current board would all be focusing full time on their 'learnings' somewhere other than our club.

Lol he must have really annoyed you.

Let's trade our best midfielder away.

He's not our best midfielder, and that's the problem the club, and a lot of fans, just can't seem to get over.

Rory Sloane is our best midfielder, and he's our Joel Selwood - we don't have a Dangerfield or a Tim Kelly above him.

He's not our best midfielder, and that's the problem the club, and a lot of fans, just can't seem to get over.

Rory Sloane is our best midfielder, and he's our Joel Selwood - we don't have a Dangerfield or a Tim Kelly above him.
Ok champ, you go it alone on this one again

Ok champ, you go it alone on this one again

Brad Crouch doesn't run defensively at all, he can't break lines because he doesn't have the pace, he isn't evasive, he doesn't win enough quality clearances, and he can't hit targets by foot, especially going forward where he's one of the chief midfielders responsible for our trash tier inside 50 entries, which just make our already ordinary forward structure look even worse.

What is it about him exactly that makes you think he's so great? He's largely supposed to occupy the same space as Tim Kelly does for Geelong, but the difference in ability between the two was starkly demonstrated down at Kardinia Park a week ago.

Douglas, Mackay, Jacobs, and Walker all ought to be strongly encouraged to retire. Brad Crouch, Atkins, and Kelly should all be flipped for whatever we can get for them, and Kelly should fetch a pretty good price after this season. Atkins is the sort of player a pseudo-contending club like Essendon might be enticed into overpaying for, and a couple of clubs might be into giving us a pick to 'refresh' Crouch's faltering career. Now is the time.

Last edited:
We beat GWS at home, where in winning position against both West Coast at home and Geelong both at home and away.....
Geelong should have beaten us by 10 goals at the Cattery , scoreboard was flattering .
We didn't beat the Cats at home and we capitulated against the Eagles as we did again tonight .
Yes we strangled GWS in a good win but we are no where near that top 4-5 teams over a complete season .
The true result will be where we finish , and my pick is anywhere from 7-12th .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back