Autopsy Geelong loses to Doggies by 16 points // Rd 16 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do not dare blame the forwards. We never bothered to move the ball quickly to them. Defenders kept stat padding and chip kicking it to each other and then eventually bombed it to a pack on the wing. Gave them no chance. It was pathetic the way the defense used the ball tonight.

The stat padding thing .. Guthrie is someone i think does that ,,but the overall tactic of slow methodical etc ..is obviously a MC direction. Hawkins gets absolutely no help at all with this rubbish... what position did CS play again ?

Games like tonight are really meanless as far as the ladder position goes .. yet what does it mean for end of the year when pressure is on..? who knows.. not great that we have a few players that when they are off ..they a like unrefrigerated prawns .. they are OFF

Cats kick straight early cats would had won.
Ablett handballs and ump wrongly says it’s a throw then bulldogs fo forward and goal

Game changing moments...

The free against Selwood on the wing was just as farcical. He got the ball, took a step, got tackled which resulted in the ball being knocked loose and was pinged. Then the umpire tells him he's got to try to get rid of it. Bit hard when he didn't have control of the ball in the first place.

Can people please stop saying the doggies played very good, they were absolutely disgusting tonight as well. The difference in the end, was they lifted in the last and we wilted, otherwise was a shocking game of footy from both sides.
They had +18% more inside 50s and tackles, plus they had a heap more free kicks suggesting they went for the ball first. I give them the nod today.
Agree it wasn't the best footy to watch, but most games have become like this as player fitness has increased to levels where its just congested footy most of the time. Bring back footy of the 1980s I say, lol.

I think our best is when our structures are right. They aren't right now.

We are seemingly picking too many players for one position or one area I.e defence, instead of picking our best side.

A lot to learn. I hope the MC do over the next few weeks.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Its been the same issues for 6 years. Do you honestly think they will learn now?

Sorry to say/write it but Mitch Duncan, normally reliable, has been “off” for the past few weeks . Not sure what’s happened but just not delivering by hand or foot & making some puzzling decisions/errors. Probably not the difference tonight but troubling.

He was friggin appalling. And has been for a month. Making some horrendous errors and just not imposing himself at all.

Cos we arent playing a proper ruckman.

Genuine question: who do we play in the ruck, if not Stanley?

I watched Smith be pretty bloody average in the VFL today and he's just as inconsistent, if not moreso, than Rhys. Fort is nowhere near AFL ruck standard and I don't think Abbott is either. I think we're in the unenviable position of Stanley being the best of a bad (and if not bad, in the case of Stanley and Smith - then deeply inconsistent) lot.

Needed to nail those goals when we had the early running.
The kicking into the i 50 got worse has the game went on.
Sav is loss not having him as a target plus second ruck.
At times we lack a lockdown tagger type.
Doggies fight it out and were too fast late in the game.

We have not played well since the Richmond game well the second quarter in that game.
Prenty to work on in the coming weeks.

Only positive was Clark was pretty good and Stanley was very good.

Stanley tries hard, but the opposition can hear him thinking out loud.

An incredibly gifted athlete that just has no footy brain what-so-ever, his bad instincts impossible for his teammates to read.

Plus, in days past, that push-in-the back would have seen him being dragged.

But he worked his guts out.
Got back to save us a few times. Provided run in the middle. Not many can say that about their efforts tonight

Yep tried hard ..like against Port. ..but has to work on his setshot and a few other things. Terrific ? Not for mine.. few were. Of course he is a 1st year player.. mistake are expected... not his fault we played like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else notice the smug smiles on cats players faces all night tonight, i thought i was watching a game where they were 60 points up, absolutely no intensity and just downright lazy.

Any reason why when Hawkins was in our forward line that he decided to not lead? Not sure I can actually remember him leading into space or at the ball carrier at any stage tonight - repeatedly stood against his opponent and seemed intent to wrestle for marks.

We need a second tall forward to play alongside Hawkins - if it's not Sav next week then give Buzza an opportunity, and let's go back to the team set-up that served us well over the first half of the season

Miers back to the VFL too, was hardly spotted tonight and can take Fogarty with him. This is what happens when you fu** around with a settled team, Parfitt had a bye 2 weeks ago, why does he need a rest?
He didn’t. We didn’t have the Balls to make a decision on Bews v O'Connor so we just unbalanced the team. Bews reverted back to handful of possies, zero impact and zero offensively. He is a backup not a premiership player.

Any reason why when Hawkins was in our forward line that he decided to not lead? Not sure I can actually remember him leading into space or at the ball carrier at any stage tonight - repeatedly stood against his opponent and seemed intent to wrestle for marks.

We need a second tall forward to play alongside Hawkins - if it's not Sav next week then give Buzza an opportunity, and let's go back to the team set-up that served us well over the first half of the season

The way the ball is coming in ..id hate to try to lead to that mincemeat ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back