Review Dogs 71 def Cats 55 // Rd 16, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne, St Kilda and Freo (at home) in the next three weeks. Should tell us everything we need to know. Get to 10-8 and who knows, if we drop any of those games and with our percentage, it’s probably curtains.
We could do what we did late 2005 under Eade when we were smashing sides, and would’ve scared a few had we made finals that year!

Can we have them all in there though? Frankly the contested work is good enough by Dunks and Macrae to me. Not sure he has a spot.
I disagree..... definitely think Libba is in our best team and plays in the middle. We need his grunt and strength in the contest.

Not sure who goes out but, we are playing well. Good place to be in. Really liked how Toby came back into the team tonight and played his best game of the year.

I disagree..... definitely think Libba is in our best team and plays in the middle. We need his grunt and strength in the contest.

Not sure who goes out but, we are playing well. Good place to be in. Really liked how Toby came back into the team tonight and played his best game of the year.

Ffs Libba is a definite in. Wally is the one Om not sure of. Williams won't go out so whose spot does he take?

Go dogs go!

I recall early in both games against Collingwood thinking to myself 'If they could put together 4 quarters their best stuff they'll be extremely hard to stop'
I know it wasn't a full four quarters but what a win today! Relentless, fearless pressure and your handball work through the middle is a thing of beauty. The last quarter was a clinic. Geelong didn't know what hit them. Tim English stood out to me especially with his contribution. Where was Caleb Daniel?

After that performance I'm pulling for you guys to get to September! (Since my club's trying to miss the finals altogether)

Go dogs go!

I recall early in both games against Collingwood thinking to myself 'If they could put together 4 quarters their best stuff they'll be extremely hard to stop'
I know it wasn't a full four quarters but what a win today! Relentless, fearless pressure and your handball work through the middle is a thing of beauty. The last quarter was a clinic. Geelong didn't know what hit them. Tim English stood out to me especially with his contribution. Where was Caleb Daniel?

After that performance I'm pulling for you guys to get to September! (Since my club's trying to miss the finals altogether)

Watch us against a bottom 4 team and you will change your mind.

Ffs Libba is a definite in. Wally is the one Om not sure of. Williams won't go out so whose spot does he take?
Roarke Smith, after a good game last week, had one kick tonight.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Naughton, Bont, Bailey Smith, McLean, Williams, JJ, English, Lloyd, Hunter, Macrae, Duryea all brilliant tonight, great to see, amazing last 45 mins where we dominated this match. Considering the way Geelong started the match, they were out to smash us, a few missed goals and we stayed in early, great to win from the early start, go Dogs

Heading home after a Potter Marathon with my daughter all day and night. But time to watch replay when we get home On the Geelong train with a lot of Dogs fans.........and some very quiet cats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great upset win.

Hopefully Schache stays in the side after tonight. The 2 talls seems to work for us but it seems like one of them has a good game and the other doesn't. Not sure what to make of it.

Was a strange game overall and we only really clicked in the last term but our pressure and defensive efforts kept us in it (and their inaccuracy)

Best win of the year in an ugly contest.

Schache had a shocker. Please just back him in and keep playing him.

Bonti, dunkley, macrae, Hunter, libba, Mclean, Bailey smith. Don’t waste this midfield era dogs. Fun times ahead.

Bailey Williams is good.
I thought he made some dummy leads to get the 1 on 1 for Naughton a few times, very important

We make things hard for ourselves, we stuff up some easy opportunities but I love the effort levels from our boys. Well done boys. Backing up from a tough slog in the wet to beat the team on top of the ladder is a great achievement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back