Review Dogs 71 def Cats 55 // Rd 16, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

After a great win, I look at this board and shake my head.

A polite request. If you don't like what a particular poster says and it's getting acrimonious, then just mute them please.

Best game since we were 47 points down at half time at the cattery and we came back to win on their dung pile and even better with their yips in front of goal.

Brilliant win. There were very few times a cats player wasn't under pressure, the intensity we bring to games is just outstanding. Amazing effort. The whole team lifted in the third, and then incredibly they all somehow lifted again in the fourth. More adjectives!

So many Harbingers of Doom amongst the Doggies posters. Two quality wins in a row. There is s growing belief in the group. Exciting times ahead, time to move on from Droop st!

It's something I've been contemplating, just waiting for the next real estate boom.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we really need to be so negative to Schache after one quiet game? The 50 arcs were clogged up like Flinders St at rush hour. Schache isn’t a great contested mark, though he’ll get better. He needs a bit of space.

Naughton’s just a freak, at just 19 he made Harry Taylor look foolish with strength and guile. And then we had Naughts on the wing kicking to Bont at FF who goals....when that happens you get a surge of ‘this is our night .... this is our future!!!!’

This team is building, Bev is forging something here. He’s having to play a mean, tough measured brand of footy to put the legs into these kids. And because this year’s attritional style of footy demands it. But one day, when they’re ready, he’s going to let them off the leash to go BANG! and mash some hapless team up.

Last edited:
Couldn’t lay a tackle against Norf all night and let them run loose from the backline unopposed and yet our last 3 games against top 8 sides we have crushed them with tackles and locked them in our forward half. This is our game style. Don’t engage in pretty shootouts just smash. Have the best contested ball midfield in the league. Keep it tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you ever stopped and thought that there might be many, many factors that go into winning a football match and it might not be as simple as kick ball, get goal?

Maybe the club has been working on a number of things internally and it's starting to come together. I don't think any single game is reflective on a persons ability to manage a group of young men.
I’ve said all along that Bevo is playing the long game, and tonight it started to become visible. It’s not pretty but is the result of the changes the AFL has forced on the game that Bevo is adapting our game to. The boys are getting the hang of it :)

Schache may not of hit the scoreboard at all last night, but his second efforts and willingness to get involved when its not going his way is markedly improved on where its been in the not too distant past. Without him in the side last night Naughton wouldn't have had the night that he did as it would've allowed Geelong to more effectively use their already dubious tactic of positioning a second or third tall (they have plenty) to block their opponents run at marking the ball more effectively than they did. Even if playing the decoy roll his is a very nice foil to Naughton up forward. We will build our next tilt around a pair of key forwards much more dangerous than the ones we built our last tilt around. That can only be a good thing.

Not once have I regretted not getting Wingard with pick 6....never will
An erroneous line of thinking during the endless pre trade and trade period shitfest is that skilled but tragically flawed muppets choosing to nominate and infect other clubs with their s**t is somehow a poor reflection on our list management.
The trade and list management thread seems to be inhabited by a lot of used car salesmen trying to sell Ladas.

Jason Bennett is so much easier to listen to than every other commentator on the TV.
Because he’s not a big-noting past player trying to dazzle his fellow commentators with his brilliant insights.

Anyone else dislike the Johnno-Brereton show during the breaks? Brereton winding up Johnno whenever the Dogs play is just sickening.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back