Review Dogs 71 def Cats 55 // Rd 16, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

That was 1994. I was at the game too. Osbourne kicked one around his body up the other end to put us up with 30-40 sec to go. Should’ve been game over then 😢

They’ve had the wood over us for a long time, 90’s in particular.
I hated the Cats back then, they were like the big kid in the school yard that would push us around.
I was holidaying in Airlie Beach. We asked the manager of the motel if we could watch the game - I've no idea how it came to be on TV up there. Worst part was watching it with a Cats fan :cry:. Then we continued on to Townsville where we watched the Eagles win the Grand Final :smirk:

I was holidaying in Airlie Beach. We asked the manager of the motel if we could watch the game - I've no idea how it came to be on TV up there. Worst part was watching it with a Cats fan :cry:. Then we continued on to Townsville where we watched the Eagles win the Grand Final :smirk:

It seems to be a bit of a Princess Di, 9/11 type moment for a lot of us.

Schache may not of have hit “of” is a preposition which qualifies a noun, not part of a verb in the pluperfect tense, the appropriate tense of the verb “hit” in this sentence because it refers to an action at a time earlier than a time in the past (the end of last night’s match) already referred to. the scoreboard at all last night, but his second efforts and willingness to get involved when its it’s apostrophes commonly cause problems. A use is to indicate missing letters. “It’s = it is, the missing letter is the “i” not going his way is markedly improved on where its it’s twice in one sentence been in the not too distant past. Without him in the side last night Naughton wouldn't correct use of the apostrophe have had exemplary use of the pluperfect tense the night that he did as it would've correct use of the apostrophe allowed Geelong to more effectively correct use of the comparative degree use their already dubious tactic of positioning a second or third tall (they have plenty) to block their opponents run at marking the ball more effectively than they did.

Mr Mitchell
English Teacher

The next year was even worse. They beat us by 100 points in the elimination final. Having to sit there surrounded by cats fans was my worst game experience ever ( and there were lots of bad ones back then).

Bailey Smith is a goddamn blue chipper. I was quite vocal in not wanting to draft him but * me was i wrong. He could honestly end up the best player on our list. Well he would in a team that didnt have Bont or Naughty anyway.

I was so proud of Bont there. He deftly and subtly manoeuvred Dangerfield to get in front of him, right in front of an umpire, without giving away a free. Then Danger out of utter frustration just tackles him around the head. Must be pretty infuriating to get so thoroughly outplayed.
Just ask Luke Hodge 😉

Bailey Smith is a goddamn blue chipper. I was quite vocal in not wanting to draft him but fu** me was i wrong. He could honestly end up the best player on our list. Well he would in a team that didnt have Bont or Naughty anyway.
If he was two weeks younger he'd be the no 1 pick this year.

He is proper tough, stands up in contests and keep his feet. Absolute star.

While 1994 was a great disappointment, the ramifications of that game would've largely had been the same if we had of won

We wouldn't have qualified for the prelim as 2 higher sides won, we were playing a semi final the week after anyway as we were 6th and 7th/8th both lost, so we got a lucky losers spot. We would've needed all 4 top 4 teams to have lost or the top 3 plus 1 of 4th vs 5th in order to get that prelim if we had of won.

Melbourne weren't that much better than us that year yet absolutely walloped us the next week. We were playing a game in Melbourne one way or another.

Can you please let me know when this occured, I can't recall seeing it last night and would love to watch the replay!!!

5 1/2 minutes left in the first quarter. Just watched it a couple more times & it gets funnier for his reaction. The ump even says to talk to him respectfully

Have a go at those who write “he’s as good of a player as I’ve seen”, redundant of. See it a lot on the forum.

Surplus usage. 2 posts above "in order to get that prelim if we had of won." What was being taught in English classes 20 years plus years ago ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought bailey William's was good last night as well. Easton wood was fantastic as well his best game this year. Although he was quiet schache still had that effort and hunger that he had been missing almost a bit of mongrel in his follow up work. Others mentioned his decoy leading as well.

Exciting times but I am kicking myself over the GC, North Melb, Carlton and Collingwood losses. All 4 should have been won. We've got a serious squad on our hands and I cannot wait for the next few years to be celebrating deep into September with everyone
That's 3 or 4 times in the past 6 weeks that Wood has had his "best game so far this year". It's really good to see him hitting some form after some were calling for him to be dropped earlier

Great win had cat supporters near me complaining about the umpires all night. I just said learn how to tackle like us and you might get some frees.

Trengove and Dunks were good but surely they have lost their pen licence with short passing in the back line especially Trengove just kick the thing as far as you can.
Had a bit of a laugh at some of the Cats fans about the umpires given how many home town calls they got when we played them down there a few weeks ago

Had a bit of a laugh at some of the Cats fans about the umpires given how many home town calls they got when we played them down there a few weeks ago

I sat down there last week and watched what I thought was one of the best umpires games in a long time.

I can’t stand either team but the sooking everytime they got one against them was ridiculous and Ablett just needs to touch the ball and they scream for a free.

After the game. A number of the players embraced Dahlhaus; Ablett went out of his way to go to Smith, congratulated him, had a bit of a chat; both sides lined up to honour an umpire, not sure what that was about but those things are heart warming, especially after a good win.

Gaz likely chatting to Baz due to their shared faith.

Is Baz a churchy?
Sort of. Says he has his faith, but doesn't get preachy about it. More of a personal thing for him (which it should be for everyone religious). He's very different to Ablett in that regard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back