Our next coach

Who should be our next coach?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Also if we are willing to give Voss another chance we are better off with Ratten.

Had the better record from his first coaching gig. And no doublt learnt heaps being an assistant all these years.

For me though it's Clarkson or Teague.

Really have warmed to Teague. Give the boys a whole pre season under him and we will go great guns next year.

Hope Teague wins another 6 and makes it almost impossible to not appoint him
3 more wins should really lock it in. that's 5 out of 11 after coming out of a period of 3 in 44.

it would also mean teague would have as many wins as fagan did last year from half as many games, while dealing with ten times as many injuries.

3 more wins should really lock it in. that's 5 out of 11 after coming out of a period of 3 in 44.

it would also mean teague would have as many wins as fagan did last year from half as many games, while dealing with ten times as many injuries.

Yeah 5 was what I thought when he took the reins. Postrd that a couple of times.

But just hope he well and truely exceeds it. Give the board no choice.

I'm actually really dispointed in Judds comments there.

Firstly its a bit of a slap in the face to Teague whos done a great job in this first 4 weeks.

Secondly it paints us into a corner, what if we win 3, 4, 5 more games? If thats the case and Teague is on training wheels, then hes doing bloody wheelys.

I'm really nervous about this next move, we can not stuff this up. We just cant.

Exactly they are past it and average. Is that really the best we can do for the future of Carlton? I think not.

I'd be OK with either, not my decision to make after all. I do question whether ruling out training wheels from the beginning might be missing an opportunity at the next 'great' coach though.

Firstly its a bit of a slap in the face to Teague whos done a great job in this first 4 weeks.

Secondly it paints us into a corner, what if we win 3, 4, 5 more games? If thats the case and Teague is on training wheels, then hes doing bloody wheelys.

I'm really nervous about this next move, we can not stuff this up. We just cant.

He wouldn't say it without knowing the effect. That's why I believe even more that Teague either isn't applying for the job

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think juddy wants ratten back and I think he's making it known early because the st kilda coaching job is going to be available in a few weeks.

I was actually thinking the same this, and totally agree with you.

What my issue is, what is being referred to untried coaches? is it coaches who haven't coached at AFL level? If so, does that mean every coach, who hasnt coached an AFL previously requires "training wheels?" That's quite insulting to a number untried assistant coaches, or VFL/SANFL/WAFL/NEAFL coaches, as it suggests the club needs to hold their hand through the coaching process. Coaches need to start somewhere. To put things in perspective, the last coach, who had coached another AFL and lead their new team to a flag was Malthouse in 2010 then before that was Matthews in 2001-2003. So, I think if the club builds the support around the right candidate, irrespective if they've coached at AFL level, it should work.

Can see where you're coming from, or, it could be that David isn't ready, they have discussed it internally and everybody is good with it all. By him saying it publically it may give an A-Grade coach the insight as to we are serious so apply within.

Imagine if you're a top-level coach, pop your hat in the ring and get beaten out by a rookie could it have an impact on other prospects or reputation? Not saying this has happened but it's speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back