Votes: 109 49.1%
  • Jayden Short

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 175 78.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

No use speculating over what might have been if Coniglio didn't go down. We looked a 5 goal better side all day. I dont think he makes that up (as good as he is).
I think Cotchs work in tight was great and has been underrated today. Interesting to hear commentators talk about us winning with Martin down on form. 25 touches. Wouldn't say he went missing. Bolton is a bonifide mid and bog today. I think Ellis had his best or close to his best game and looked physical today, or at least more physical. Lynch and Reiwoldt looked in sync. Brilliant. Guess it makes sense that 1 fwd knows what another wants. Ppl looking for people to drop, it may not happen, but if Kamdyn Mcintosh's head isn't on the chopping block then heck knows what game selectors watched as he would have been better off staying at home. Waaay down on form.
Egg K Mac Out
Caddy Graham In

Just got home from the game and have taken in the reply. My thoughts:

- first and foremost I have to give credit to B Ellis. Four or five times he backed back and put himself in the hole or out his body on the line. It’s something he isn’t necessarily known for. Well done.
- we lack a little polish. Our forays forward look amazing, but often our ball use inside F50 in those we run and carry in waves was poor. Could have been 6 to 8 goals up before Giants came to play in the second.
- on the Giants, their ability to get forward of the ball is elite. But they lack genuine creative types that can impact over 4 quarters. Obviously Kelly and a fully fit Coniglio help this. But their ability to move the ball and score is one of the best in the competition... but teams are able to take that away more and more.
- feel for Coniglio. Don’t think we would have played him if he was a Tiger, but you never want to see players go down. Especially elite players like Coniglio. Fingers crossed he has avoided the worse.
- massive props to Shai Bolton. His running capacity is so impressive; and his want to create for others likewise. A few times he was too unselfish, but felt he was our best midfielder over four quarters.
- Eggy was found out a little today. Playing against men vs playing against boys last week must be a huge wake up call. Will be better for the run, and still like his want to be defensive first (or so it seems).
- Lynch was massive. The amount of times he took possession cleanly in hard conditions, stood up in tackles and kept the ball alive was equally impressive as his contested marking. A few times his work alone in 50-50 (or less) moments generated forward Moment. Was huge.
- jack worked his way into it. Impressed with his interaction with Lynch.
- Chol player his role well, and helped wear down Simpson. Felt he, Jack and Lynch worked quite well together. Made a lot of great decision showing and improving IQ. Happy with his progress.
- thought Rioli was unsung. A few marks and deft touches in 50-50 in situations may have gone unheralded. Not at his best, but I don’t see what dropping him to the VFL would achieve.
- Castagna was great leading from the flanks to the wing and then ran well to fill the space behind.
- Grimes = rock + eggplant + water squirt emoji.

All in all a step forward and a win against a team battling for top 4. Our connection seemed better; but the class or final 10% is missing. Something that’ll hopefully improve in the lead up to finals.

Out: Eggy
On: Caddy.

Didn’t see the game, noticed in the stats we had 16 bounces to their 3 seems like we were right up in their faces.
Good to hear about Brando and Bolton.
I wonder if all the time Jack has had to watch Lunch he knows alot more now how not get tangled up with each other than like the Carlton game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ominous is the best way to describe us at the moment. Not quite at our best with returning players still finding touch and our best side not yet playing together.

Toast
Ellis - a lot of posters questioned Ellis hardness against the Crows but the last 2 weeks he has gone back with the flight of the ball and put his body on the line to at least halve a contest. Whether he stays or goes who knows, but he is earning himself a decent contract either way.
Bolton - finally putting it together with more responsibility in recent weeks by playing through the middle. Made it look like a dry day with his ball handling ability and skills, surely a Rising Star nod coming his way tomorrow night.
Defensive Unit - played a disciplined game and repelled the Giants time and again, Astbury Grimes and Vlastuin are an outstanding combination of accountability and hardness, while Short Houli DES and Broad compliment each other with their rebounding from D50.
Jack & Tom - can see opposition defenders and teams starting to get nervous about facing these 2 once they get their chemistry up and running. First game together for 11 weeks and they looked like they had been playing together all season. Looking forward to them playing in drier conditions where delivery to them will be much better than today.

Roast
Having to omit players from this side in the next couple of weeks as we get more players back from injury is going to be unfair on some who are playing some decent footy at present.

Speaking of which my changes for next week at this stage are:
Out - DES Soldo
In - Caddy Nank

B: Grimes Astbury Broad
HB: Short Vlastuin Houli
C: Ellis Prestia McIntosh
HF: Bolton Lambert Castagna
F: Lynch Stack Riewoldt
R: Nankervis Cotchin Martin
INT: Edwards Rioli Caddy Chol

Ominous is the best way to describe us at the moment. Not quite at our best with returning players still finding touch and our best side not yet playing together.

Toast
Ellis - a lot of posters questioned Ellis hardness against the Crows but the last 2 weeks he has gone back with the flight of the ball and put his body on the line to at least halve a contest. Whether he stays or goes who knows, but he is earning himself a decent contract either way.
Bolton - finally putting it together with more responsibility in recent weeks by playing through the middle. Made it look like a dry day with his ball handling ability and skills, surely a Rising Star nod coming his way tomorrow night.
Defensive Unit - played a disciplined game and repelled the Giants time and again, Astbury Grimes and Vlastuin are an outstanding combination of accountability and hardness, while Short Houli DES and Broad compliment each other with their rebounding from D50.
Jack & Tom - can see opposition defenders and teams starting to get nervous about facing these 2 once they get their chemistry up and running. First game together for 11 weeks and they looked like they had been playing together all season. Looking forward to them playing in drier conditions where delivery to them will be much better than today.

Roast
Having to omit players from this side in the next couple of weeks as we get more players back from injury is going to be unfair on some who are playing some decent footy at present.

Speaking of which my changes for next week at this stage are:
Out - DES Soldo
In - Caddy Nank

B: Grimes Astbury Broad
HB: Short Vlastuin Houli
C: Ellis Prestia McIntosh
HF: Bolton Lambert Castagna
F: Lynch Stack Riewoldt
R: Nankervis Cotchin Martin
INT: Edwards Rioli Caddy Chol

gws best two mids went down and they will got within 9 points

Jack Graham or another inside mid type might help the engine room

No use speculating over what might have been if Coniglio didn't go down. We looked a 5 goal better side all day. I dont think he makes that up (as good as he is).
I think Cotchs work in tight was great and has been underrated today. Interesting to hear commentators talk about us winning with Martin down on form. 25 touches. Wouldn't say he went missing. Bolton is a bonifide mid and bog today. I think Ellis had his best or close to his best game and looked physical today, or at least more physical. Lynch and Reiwoldt looked in sync. Brilliant. Guess it makes sense that 1 fwd knows what another wants. Ppl looking for people to drop, it may not happen, but if Kamdyn Mcintosh's head isn't on the chopping block then fu** knows what game selectors watched as he would have been better off staying at home. Waaay down on form.
Egg K Mac Out
Caddy Graham In
K mac out

Amazing day. Great win from the boys and took a group from work with me. Very funny it was to take a bloke from Sydney to his first game and he asked a few things, told him what BALL! meant, he knew about Dusty, knew Jack was back etc
Houli spoils in the first term and he turns to a bloke looking knowingly... yep jacks back.

Back