Analysis Beveridge - where to from here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relax peeps. Why would Bevo go to a worst list? The club will be looking after him financially and with a good contract. He is finally creating the list that HE WANTS. He ain’t going to jump ship now. Pretty sure the saints are going for Brad Scott anyway.

Lets all calm down - Grant clearly had something a little extra in his afternoon tonic and got a bit misty-eyed and emotional, that's the only story here.

Sure I read somewhere he won't do longer than 5 years at a time
He said that very early in his stint at the WB. In fact I think he said four years.
However perspective changes with time and circumstance.

If we win the flag this year i reckon he'd be goneski. For that reason alone i hope we bomb out, sign him for 5 years and win the next 4 flags!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course I believe this over the alternative which is that BF pundits, with 10% of the information, are better placed to judge who should be selected and when and for what reason.

Lipi wallowing in the VFL..give me a spell. There was evidently a reason they kept him there for so long, one that he himself alluded to recently, and that being that they (the coaching staff) wanted him to concentrate on inside work and produce a body of work before promoting him.

Bevo is paid to make these judgement calls based on his knowledge and experience which is considerable. I always find it staggering that those with little or no experience and a fraction of the information required to make an informed judgement are so emphatic in their views that Bevo is wrong or mistaken and/or shoulda done this or shoulda done that.

Your team or my team never has to take the field and just because you or I can't find a reason for a selection decision or non decision doesn't mean that there isn't one and nor, in my view, is he required to explain or justify his selections to me or anyone else. I might be interested but I don't have to know.
I agree with your comments. the coaching staff has far more information than we will ever know. for example, i thought that lipi was a liability during the game on saturday, till i found out he was playing injured. in any case, it is important to make comments and opine about the team. that is the point of bf. we are experts in our own imagination, like most people.

St Kilda will be asking the question of several coaches I’d suggest. It would be negligent of them not to. That said, I think Bevo is a pretty loyal guy and sees himself as a WB person these days.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lol and people say I’m negative

So many things wrong with the made up comments above

1- Bev is his own manager and there is no way in hell he would be talking to other teams while our year is still alive.

2- the saints sacked their coach yesterday so I’m sure they want to speak to Bev but to suggest a meeting is already set is a joke.

3- why the hell would he go to the saints? Their list is beyond sh!t

4- i personally think Bev is an honest loyal bloke and I couldn’t see him walking from any contract

5- BUT iF he wanted to people suggesting the club would keep him against his decision is laughable, if Bev turns around and says he wants out they will let him go

Harvey is in no way whatsoever a senior coach. He shows absolutely no leadership qualities

Clearly never saw him play

Perhaps in the top 5 worst comments I’ve ever seen in BF.

Personification of hard work and an example to be lauded over, add to that an absolute gentlemen he could do anything he wanted to do imo

Clearly never saw him play

Perhaps in the top 5 worst comments I’ve ever seen in BF.

Personification of hard work and an example to be lauded over, add to that an absolute gentlemen he could do anything he wanted to do imo
Is he a verbal/vocal leader of men or more an actions leader? Fantastic player and person but is he going to fire a team up to a win? Seems the later which is not what the Saints need..

Has traits similar to Richo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back