Oppo Camp Jaidyn Stephenson (Traded to Nth Melb. 2020)

Should This Thread Be Kept Open?

• Yes

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s going to be partly blamed for the downfall whether we like it or not, so hopefully he doesn’t let it break him.
The only way that awful key post structure of Mihocek and Cox works is surrounded by genuinely dangerous talented smalls like Stephenson De Goey Elliott and WHE... Stevo gone, De Goey in the guts, Billy barely jogging and WHE required elsewhere, the whole structure is gone

Yep... you're spot on mate

Morale is fine.... You could not be anymore spot on.

Yep, only thing that limited the damage to 32 points.

Generally when you lose 3 of the past 5, including to two bottom 8 teams, while playing scared and conservative Football, have your coach publicly call you soft, have your big gun recruit leave to treat his serious depression, plus the Stephenson saga...

Yeah na, you're right. Can't see how there could possibly be low morale. Where has it been said? Lol what? Do you need David King to say something before you can see it with your own eyes?

So theres low morale because you say so?

That's one of those ones where you have to ask, were their parents completely dense? Like someone with a surname Head naming their kid Richard.
Raced against a yacht out of Sydney that was a Bruce Farr design. The hull had ”Farr” in big letters on the hull, then the name of the yacht-“King Beauty”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the Stephenson stuff up has had a bigger impact on this club than they will let on, ever since it broke or the club became aware of it there has been a clear divide in the playing group.

Bloody hell he ain't Wayne Carey. If our entire season hinges around a 19yo who for the start of the season our wins was struggling for a kick until around what rnd 5 or 6 then we have major issues.

Bloody hell he ain't Wayne Carey. If our entire season hinges around a 19yo who for the start of the season our wins was struggling for a kick until around what rnd 5 or 6 then we have major issues.
I’m not talking on field, although that has had a huge impact as well.
There has been a clear shift with the whole demeanor of the club since this issue was uncovered. I believe there has been a massive divide in the group since about round 8

We are boring and s**t to watch since Stephenson has been missing.

We've swapped to a Barcelona possession hogging style, only problem is half of our list are shocking kicks.. List managers and coaches on completely different wavelengths.

Imagine thinking a midfield of Sidebotton Treloar Phillips Sier Adams can maintain possession by foot :drunk:

Losing Stephenson was a huge setback.But he's not responsible for our midfielders not being able to win a centre clearance,or our key forwards like Cox not being able to hold a mark or kick a goal.Our problems run much deeper than that.

One good season? IIRC he was struggling big time this year.

Yeah, other than the fact he was getting more disposals, taking more marks, kicking more goals, ranked 4th league wide for goal assists per game, ranked 6th league wide for marks inside F50 per game, he was clearly on struggle street... or were you talking about his ability to land a multi?

We were as boring as s**t to watch outside first quarters when he wasn't suspended too.

The game plan of chip and retenriretention is why.

Never understood why they decided to go that way....

Yeah, other than the fact he was getting more disposals, taking more marks, kicking more goals, ranked 4th league wide for goal assists per game, ranked 6th league wide for marks inside F50 per game, he was clearly on struggle street... or were you talking about his ability to land a multi?
I agree.The suggestion that he was struggling this year is complete nonsense.

I agree.The suggestion that he was struggling this year is complete nonsense.

He's still a long way shy of the player I think he projects to be but he'd completely avoided the 2nd year blues and was looking really good.... until the brain fades.

I think Stephenson was hitting his best form just before the suspension. He was a slow starter this year, but he was enormous while De Goey missed a few weeks, and was improving by the week (apart from the sloppy goal-kicking). In my opinion, he was having a terrific season. Huge loss.

When you look at guys like Stephenson and Quaynor, it just shows how important it is to go to the draft and recruit genuine talent. Not having a 1st pick this year will hurt a lot. But hopefully we can get back into the draft and get some more young talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back