Review Round 19 vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Our skills and goal kicking were deplorable as usual. I’ve become numb. I wasn’t even shattered that we lost by a point. Should never have been in it.

I don’t get why people bother complaint about set shot accuracy ad nauseam. Players miss set shots. That’s reality.

We lost this game the same way we always lose games. Having no real targets up forward or any discernible method of moving the ball forward.

Wonder if the 6-6-6 has killed Jonas.

Has looked like a joke all year without being able to 100% smash the ball without 10 defenders behind him.
It was obvious once 6-6-6 was proposed that the player type that was going to be most affected would be slow undersized KPD's, no longer able to rely as much on weight of numbers to help out. Jonas is the quintessential example of slow undersized KPD in the current AFL. How 2 - 3 million dollars of coaches couldn't read this and STILL appointed him as Co-Captain should boggle the mind. Except I look at our coaches (minus the new trio Brogan, Monty and Schoey who'd have had minimal input into this) and I'm not surprised at all.

The players were not clutch enough when it counted. That game was in Port's hands. They had control of their destiny yet guys like Sutcliffe or Dursma failed when they had their shots.

There were other chances earlier in the game when Port could have taken the lead and changed the momentum yet failed with their finishing in front of goal.

The players were not clutch enough when it counted. That game was in Port's hands. They had control of their destiny yet guys like Sutcliffe or Dursma failed when they had their shots.

There were other chances earlier in the game when Port could have taken the lead and changed the momentum yet failed with their finishing in front of goal.

This post could've been referring to at least a couple of dozen Port games over the last 5 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really impressive by Sam

Is it really too much to ask that our club talks about on field highlights in football terms, not lame pop-culture references?

Is it me who is wrong, or is it the children?

I don’t get why people bother complaint about set shot accuracy ad nauseam. Players miss set shots. That’s reality.

We lost this game the same way we always lose games. Having no real targets up forward or any discernible method of moving the ball forward.

If JuSt OnE pLaYeR kIcKs StRaIgHt YoU wOuLd Be CaLLiNg FoR hIm To GeT aN eXtEnSiOn!

Commiserations on the loss.

Here are the midfield frequency stats from the game. If you haven't seen a previous post, this is an overall summary of how often your players were lining up as one of the 5 mids at bounces.

Overall Summary - 19 Bounces

Boak 17 (2w)
Houston 16
Rockliff 13
Amon 12 wing
Bonner 10 wing
SPP 9
Duursma 8 wing
S.Gray 4 (3i, 1w)
Sutcliffe 4 wing - Whitfield 8 wing
R.Gray 1
Rozee 1 wing

Rucks:
Lycett 8
Ryder 11

Centre Clearances (as per Champion Data/AFL.com.au
Boak 3
Houston 2
Rockliff 1
Ryder 1
SPP 1

1st Half - 9

Boak 9 (2w)
Houston 7
Rockliff 6
Amon 6 wing
Bonner 6 wing
SPP 4
S.Gray 3 (2i, 1w)
Duursma 2 wing
Sutcliffe 1 wing - Whitfield 7 wing
R.Gray 1 wing

Lycett 6
Ryder 3

Final Term - 4

Duursma 4 wing
Boak 3
Houston 3
SPP 3
Rockliff 2
Amon 2 wing
S.Gray 1
Sutcliffe 1 wing
Rozee 1 wing

Ryder 3
Lycett 1

Notes:
- In a surprise given Sutcliffe was tagging Whitfield, not only did he only start on the wing 4 times compared to Whitfield's 8 - for 2 of the 4, Whitfield wasn't even starting on the wing and he was manning Hately instead
- First ever start in analysed games for Bonner
- First analysed game where Duursma hasn't attended 50% or more bounces
- Fewest starts for Robbie Gray in analysed games this season where he was playing
- First start for Rozee in analysed games since Rd 7

Commiserations on the loss.

Here are the midfield frequency stats from the game. If you haven't seen a previous post, this is an overall summary of how often your players were lining up as one of the 5 mids at bounces.

Overall Summary - 19 Bounces

Boak 17 (2w)
Houston 16
Rockliff 13
Amon 12 wing
Bonner 10 wing
SPP 9
Duursma 8 wing
S.Gray 4 (3i, 1w)
Sutcliffe 4 wing - Whitfield 8 wing
R.Gray 1
Rozee 1 wing

Rucks:
Lycett 8
Ryder 11

Centre Clearances (as per Champion Data/AFL.com.au
Boak 3
Houston 2
Rockliff 1
Ryder 1
SPP 1

1st Half - 9

Boak 9 (2w)
Houston 7
Rockliff 6
Amon 6 wing
Bonner 6 wing
SPP 4
S.Gray 3 (2i, 1w)
Duursma 2 wing
Sutcliffe 1 wing - Whitfield 7 wing
R.Gray 1 wing

Lycett 6
Ryder 3

Final Term - 4

Duursma 4 wing
Boak 3
Houston 3
SPP 3
Rockliff 2
Amon 2 wing
S.Gray 1
Sutcliffe 1 wing
Rozee 1 wing

Ryder 3
Lycett 1

Notes:
- In a surprise given Sutcliffe was tagging Whitfield, not only did he only start on the wing 4 times compared to Whitfield's 8 - for 2 of the 4, Whitfield wasn't even starting on the wing and he was manning Hately instead
- First ever start in analysed games for Bonner
- First analysed game where Duursma hasn't attended 50% or more bounces
- Fewest starts for Robbie Gray in analysed games this season where he was playing
- First start for Rozee in analysed games since Rd 7
Robbie Gray with 1 centre bounce attendance is terrible.

How is Hinkley escaping what Pyke is copping..

They are hammering Pyke pillar to post on footy classified and Teflon Ken not a peep so far...

How? Why?
Because Pyke coaches "The Proud of South Australia," not a small suburban working-class club from little Adelaide who keeps punching above its weight, like Ken does.

Ken is doing an outstanding job leading us to another middle-of-the-ladder season. Pyke, on the other hand, is an absolute failure not being able to have his team on the top of the ladder.

See you at the footy.
Keith Thomas

Last edited:
Because Pyke coaches "The Proud of South Australia," not a small suburban working-class club from little Adelaide who keeps punching above its weight, like Ken does.

Ken is doing an outstanding job leading us to another middle-of-the-ladder table. Pyke, on the other hand, is an absolute failure not being able to have his team on the top of the ladder.

See you at the footy.
Keith Thomas
I can understand that in the SA media but not Melbourne.

It was truly baffling how Ken escaped unscathed and yet slightly defended and a touch of propping up.

I have a feeling Caroline Wilson protects him a bit...but then again so does everyone else bar ex Port Adelaide players (bar Kane)

I can understand that in the SA media but not Melbourne.

It was truly baffling how Ken escaped unscathed and yet slightly defended and a touch of propping up.

I have a feeling Caroline Wilson protects him a bit...but then again so does everyone else bar ex Port Adelaide players (bar Kane)
That Melbourne media is buying the BS, now we can see how our club is valued in the footy market. It should be hard finding good sponsors like this.

And all those that did rock up wish that they didn't.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not True I travelled 5hrs "one way" with the wife, grandson 10 and granddaughter 17 their first" gathered for the march and proudly got involved it was the g/son's birthday and it was a night he and we will remember forever { for all the good reasons } we gave a top 4 side a real shake and yes we should've won it for any number of reasons {on field} but we didn't that's trip number 3 this yr and hoping to do another so far it's 2W 1L just :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back