Analysis A win, although not a triumph. Pies by 17 over Dees

Remove this Banner Ad

Adams back in some real form

Thomas good when he went into the middle

Sidebottom in second gear all day

Roughead experiment didn't quite work, maybe Moore goes to CHF next week

How many times did Gawn, just drop the ball, without getting a free kick paid against him...staggering
Thomas' improvement and decision making today was a good sign leading into important games. Crisp was BOG, although they lauded Sidey all day.

3-Crisp
2-Sidey
1- Maynard/Checkers

I liked: 2nd and 3rd quarter dominance.
Madgen was good. That one play where he turned around his man and drove the ball forward resulting in a shot on goal was excellent.
Scharenberg, despite his relatively low disposal count, was solid defensively, and more attacking with ball in hand. He went for a run and bounce on two occasions, and I think that’s more than he’s done his entire career.
Mihocek. Need I say more?
I disliked: the 1st and last quarters.
Roughead forward. Completely ineffectual. Get him back in defense please.

There’s more but I can’t be bothered typing more.

Last edited:

LP - nothing wrong with alternative views- it’s the incessant moaning and unfounded continuous negativity that grates.
Why should we just concede and not call it out?
Call it out, and engage in a discussion.

But Dannadjek (?) can't do that, as he's put someone on ignore.

I'm on this forum to take in all views/opinions and chat about it, can't do that 'muting' people.

I liked: 2nd and 3rd quarter dominance.
Madgen was good. That one play where he turned around his man and drove the ball forward resulting in a shot on goal was excellent.
Scharenberg, despite his relatively low disposal count, was solid defensively, and more attacking with ball in hand. He went for a run and bounce on two occasions, and I think that’s more than he’s done his entire career.
Mihocek. Need I say more?
I disliked: the 1st and 3rd quarters.
Roughead forward. Completely ineffectual. Get him back in defense please.

There’s more but I can’t be bothered typing more.

Did you mean to say 1st and last quarters?

Call it out, and engage in a discussion.

But Dannadjek (?) can't do that, as he's put someone on ignore.

I'm on this forum to take in all views/opinions and chat about it, can't do that 'muting' people.
What's better LP - putting someone on ignore, or dragging one or multiple threads down with constant bickering?

I'm certain I know which our mods prefer . . .

Elliott May miss next week due to sad face awareness.

Hope they avoid going down the surgical option to turn that frown upside down which would end his season.

For now, go with the less invasive procedure of just telling him some jokes.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Most of these posts are from people with a balanced and fair posting history. Fair and balanced doesn’t apply to you - illogical, pathologically negative are more apt in your case.

I'm fair and balanced when it's warranted.

Like in 2017 when everyone shat on the list and I was literally one of the only posters who defended it and said it was better than Richmond's even back then.

We need to give the players a bunch of caffeine pills before the game. Our first quarters are so flat, the last two weeks we got lucky against crap opposition.

GWS and Richmond ended the game at quarter time, most good teams will do the same to us.

We need to give the players a bunch of caffeine pills before the game. Our first quarters are so flat, the last two weeks we got lucky against crap opposition.

GWS and Richmond ended the game at quarter time, most good teams will do the same to us.
We were breaking a 100+ year old record for 1st quarters before the injuries hit

I know it means nothing now, but do the AFL seriously expect us to buy that the video review on Checkers goal wasn’t a complete fu** up? They 100% watched the wrong clip. Fox footy feeding us lies that the ball was touched? No it wasn’t. There was no conclusive evidence to overturn the goal umpires’ call of a goal.
I thought the goal umpire's call was touched, which would mean that it didn't matter anyway. If they'd looked at the correct vision and couldn't determine that it definitely wasn't touched, it would have reverted to Umpire's Call = Behind

Moore, De Goey and Stephenson won't fix the issues either.

Convinced the Pies are a pretty ordinary side. Much like Adelaide. Great list on paper but just dlhad one lucky year.

To be fair to the Dees, it's probably the best they've played all year and looked effective early only to waste opportunities in front of goal - they are streets ahead of GC IMO. I don't think they're that bad

The pleasing thing is we turned it on when needed even when they brought pressure. At the same time it's disappointing that we still can't put 4 qtrs together - do that and we're looking at a 10 - 12 goal win.

The question is was taking the foot off the throat by design? It looked that way. Can't afford to do that from now on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the goal umpire's call was touched, which would mean that it didn't matter anyway. If they'd looked at the correct vision and couldn't determine that it definitely wasn't touched, it would have reverted to Umpire's Call = Behind
I thought he said goal but happily forget it if that was the case.

Missing the point really - wrong vision was shown - just another example of the imbecility of goal review system.

In a word

Embarrassing - any other sport in the world would put up with it - yet the AFL continues to try and justify its pathetic implementation of what should be an assist for umpires and crowd alike.

Missing the point really - wrong vision was shown - just another example of the imbecility of goal review system.

In a word

Embarrassing - any other sport in the world would put up with it - yet the AFL continues to try and justify its pathetic implementation of what should be an assist for umpires and crowd alike.

Agree - AFL are just ass covering, clearly the wrong footage was used and then they disingenuous offered the other footage as the “actual” footage used in the review.
Even Lyon was sceptical in his tone when discussing the “switcharoo ”

Last edited:

Umpire’s call was definitely a goal and it was overturned on the review. A review that used the wrong footage ... you couldn’t make it up if you tried. How hard is it for the AFL to get its s**t together on the score review process?!?

I’m pretty sure he said goal and it was overturned. It was horseshit. The broadcaster shows what the reviewer is looking at, and the decision came straight after the wrong footage was shown. The commentators know this, which is why Lyon said straight away that they’d stuffed up. In addition to that there’s absolutely no way that anyone could conclusively say that Brayshaws arm touched the ball from the previous footage. The AFL were clearly covering their arse after another amateurish * up with their joke of a review system.

Moore, De Goey and Stephenson won't fix the issues either.

Convinced the Pies are a pretty ordinary side. Much like Adelaide. Great list on paper but just dlhad one lucky year.
not quite sure what we did to richmond in the prelim was luck. They hadn’t lost in 17? games at MCG before that.

Also this year on the patch we had minimal injuries we were flying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back