Review GBU vs Wobbles - Rd 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Fun fact : What's really surprising is that it's not even close to correct. Matt is actually equal 67th on the turnovers list....Travis Boak is 1st and Luke Shuey is 2nd.
Well tonight he was horrid!

Fun fact he would often just swing the ball around on his boot & kick it without looking. Mind you he is not alone on our midfield.

A few questions.

Is Fog our leading goalkicker this year?

Do you reckon Brett Burton watches Brisbane and reckons he had something to do with it?

Does Kate Ellis ever ask herself what the * she’s doing on a football club board?

Does any media personality listed as a Crows ambassador ever criticize the club in a public forum, or is that left to Stephen Rowe every time?

Does anyone doing Ben Hart’s performance review keep a straight face?

Does Campo really give a *?

Does Matthew Clarke think his calling is anything other than coaching amateurs?

Does Don Pyke think any of the aforementioned people won’t completely send his coaching career down the shitter?

Do any Crows fans still care?

The Good:

As has been mentioned - Fog, Chayce in the middle, Eddie's 600th in front of a home crowd.

Brown taking out his mouthgaurd and giving one (or both) of the Crouch brothers an absolute spray for hanging him out to dry in the last quarter. Happened all game, it happened all season, and that reaction was way, way overdue.

The bad:

Everything else. That was basically 4 quarters of pure poison to sit through.

The ugly:

Sitting through that Burton mental heath awareness campaign again during the break. It would be comical if it was not so ******* sick after the whole Collective Mind debacle...

Who the hell is our skills coach??
He has to go, the best coach in the world won’t win with our skills.

Selection is bad and game plan was awful too. I think Pyke has his hands tied to an extent. Funny our best two players were Seed and Smith, our 2 best and quickest players.

If we don’t get rid of this dead wood, we will be doing it again next year🤮

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am currently in Europe and didn’t see the game
Hell we got belted.
We so need the External review
Sadly it won’t happen.
Was there any positives ?

Three positives

1. Fogarty showing skill and class beyond any other Crows out there

2. Jones finally put in the middle in the last, immediately made a difference

3. Everyone left early but I stayed to the end so getting out of the car park was much easier than normal

That’s it

Where was Rob Chapman with his end of game presentation for Sam Jacobs? Hiding?

Yeah they canned that and good idea too

Hard to celebrate anything and no one there to see it. Pies supporters would have drowned him out with their club song

Hands up who thinks Jacobs selection was a board-mandated policy to ensure a club legend reached 200 games

Actually, I think the coaches believed the only reason the Pies had beaten us every time in recent memory was because of Brodie Grundy, and by running a ruck tandem to neutralise him our superiority in all other areas would shine through.

Hats off to Daniel Talia though, the only player in the side tonight who showed genuine pride in his work all the way to the final siren. I wonder how much longer he's going to be able to handle standing behind that absolute shower of shite midfield every week.

Actually, I think the coaches believed the only reason the Pies had beaten us every time in recent memory was because of Brodie Grundy, and by running a ruck tandem to neutralise him our superiority in all other areas would shine through.

You see it sounds like a decent plan, except the coaches forgot you can actually only have one ruckman at the contest each time.

The problem is the reason they picked Sauce + ROB together. Despite what they’ve said publicly it is blindingly obvious they’ve made a milestone home match a higher priority than picking the best possible 22 to either win the game or to develop the squad.

This kind of approach is no uncommon for the club, and is problematic in what just happens to be a results based industry.
I also think part of it was that they wanted to be able to justify their likely decision to keep Sauce on the list for next year. If it worked they would have used it as the reason all next year to back their decision. Unfortunately for them it backfired massively and did not work.

Both Sauce and ROB are the type of ruck who perform better when they ruck 90% of the game. Neither of them could get into the game tonight as they spent half the night on the bench.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the presser. Pyke was asked directly whether the s**tty gameplan was his idea or the players choice.

He avoided answering directly and placed the blame squarely on the players for not executing.

That’s it.

HE HAS TO GO.

He has always blamed the players. Every time it's an event, not a trend, and the players simply need to execute the plan better

I am currently in Europe and didn’t see the game
Hell we got belted.
We so need the External review
Sadly it won’t happen.
Was there any positives ?
Better chances of an external review & real change.

Otherwise, don't worry about football & enjoy your trip!

Good:

Fog. A class above the rest of our "forwards". 3 goals in a side that severely humbled is a great effort.
Jones late after being moved into the middle. Well DEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR
Surely this must be the moment the club decides to take action. Isn't it? Hmmm? Maybe?
Australia avoided the follow on at Lords.

Bad:
Nothing

Ugly:
Everything else

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back