Review GBU vs Wobbles - Rd 22

Remove this Banner Ad

I am being serious, I guess you have validated my thoughts on just how plastic we are.

We literally gift games to players, I dont respect every 200 game player at our Club because some of them dont deserve to have been on our list for that long or have played the number of games that they have.

If Sauce was say a premiership player at our Club I could understand us doing this only if this was to be his last year as well with us.
To be fair to Sauce he has been a quality player and our second best ruck behind Rehn.

It would have been a tough call and the club backed themselves into a corner, they should have given ROB the extra week off but they were too scared Jacobs would be slaughtered by Grundy and they would look stupid by not bringing him back

Fogarty 8 goals from 2 games. Feels like he's the only solid contributor in the forward lines. Been said many times before, but bizarre he had to wait so long for his call-up. He was like a bowling ball tonight. Everywhere he went, and everything he did, Collingwood players (sometimes multiple) were picking themselves up from the ground afterwards. I'm not talking about him being a brutish thug, or trying to intimidate everyone ... he just went for the ball hard and clashed his body with opponents.
Fog a genuine tough player .....Walker a pretend

Interesting next season ....Fog and Himmelberg have to play .....can't play therefore Walker & Lynch both in the same side ?? ......surely not

If we are serious about the rebuild Lynch should be traded
No .....still the best decision maker, ball in hand ......our 2nd best shot for goal behind Fog ....and a club leader

Walker will not be Captain next season ....that's a 100% given now

Pykes press conference even more underwhelming than normal.

"super disappointing..."

"Weren't able to get our game going.."

"Need to get better..."

"Reality is... need to compete longer"

"Out of our control now... need to win next week and see from there.."

"Thought we were in game at half time..."

"tried to change some things at half time... not sure why it didn't click"

"getting the balance right"

Spin, waffle, faff...... Christ almighty.

The rebuild that's needed most at the AFC right now is in the coaching group, the fitness department and in the Boardroom. Sure there's a handful of older players that we need to move on but no way do we need an all out list re-build...no way.

What's critically needed most is an all out re-jig of our gameplan/gamestyle that good oppo coaches take great delight in breaking down and opportunities given to our youngsters over serial under performing experienced players. Our list is nowhere near the point of needing a complete rebuild IMO and can easily be managed with forced retirements/delistings and smart drafting/trading.

Last edited:

As I posted last night, trading him becomes extremely difficult due to his and a few other contracted players were are trying to move on. Thi would be how much the crows could pay towards their current contract and the new club would cover the rest.

Jenkins still have 2 years after this year. Lets say we pay $300,000 per year, that’s $600,000
Gibbs still has 2 years remaining on good coin. Lets say we pony up $300,000 per year to move him on $600,000
Betts has 1 year remaining on good coin. Lets say we pay $200,000
Lynch has 2 years remaining. $200,000 x 2 = $400,000

$600,000 (Jenkins)
$600,000 (Gibbs)
$400,000 (Lynch)
$200,000 (Betts)

Thats $1,800,000 over 2 years salary cap loss.

We could offer Betts a pay out at a reduced cost but I doubt it. However, I can not see any club taking the entire contract of Jenkins, Gibbs or Lynch. To remove all 4, we will have a very tight salary cap squeeze over the next 2 years just by the removal of a few player.

I think Lynch and Gibbs stay due to this fact.

The gameplan devised by the coaching group is an absolute s-h-i-t show, slow ball movement, short chip kicking is death, Forwards playing ridiculously high up the ground.....how many times this season have the players taken the game on only to look up and see a forward line devoid of an option to kick to other than an oppo player. The bulk of this year's disappointing results is on the head of the coaching group....it's pretty obvious the players have absolutely no confidence in the gameplan. Run and gun is the go not slow possession football just waiting for a turnover to gift the oppo the ball, our current style is just so easy to break down.
I can’t believe (well actually I can believe) we adopted the putrid and failed game plan, at which we all pointed and guffawed, that Port used so hilariously badly in years gone by.
Stop, look backwards, chip sideways, repeat a few times, then go forward but lay it off to the oppo, or kick to the oppo’s advantage, or get caught holding the ball trying to run through three players, or when in even more doubt and disarray - hack it forward into the oppo’s waiting hands, or bomb it long to to the smallest forwards on the ground.

It used to be hilarious to watch, now,...not so much.

Who is going to initiate the purge this club needs? It won’t come from anyone already employed at the club.

Anyone got a truck load of chicken poop to dump at headquarters?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least you can acknowledge it. You fell for the bulls**t we spin on a weekly basis.

jenny61_99 your turn? Perhaps an apology? It appears my commonsense was just fine and it was you people that were wrong.
I could also.see how stuffed RoB was during the Saints game. In that weeks GBU or the changes thread after that game I said he looked physically tired. I thought he should be rested for two games.

As I said last week, Marshall is an ok Ruckman but he has made to look better with how tired RoB looked.

To me RoB is a class above and only just behind Grundy and Gawn in regards to how good he will be. If not already.

Another preseason and entering his prime Ruck years at 24 next season he wont need that rest.

Hearing Godden say they would play 50/50 made me think they also believe he needed two weeks rest. As I suggested after the Saints game. But knew Sauce would be soundly beaten by Grundy so use RoB to mitigate that a bit. A stupid tactic in itself as it robs you of a rotation having two guys for one role.

But matchday they basically rolled out the Ruck, Ruck/KPF model. One we have always ran with, but with two pure Rucks and RoB more up forward. Using RoB up.forward was a joke. The worst set shot on goal since John Butcher.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Who's our next captain?

If Sloane and Walker do what Boak has done - step back and focus on their own game and fitness - who would the candidates be?
Talia.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No .....still the best decision maker, ball in hand ......our 2nd best shot for goal behind Fog ....and a club leader

Walker will not be Captain next season ....that's a 100% given now

Agree, however should Sloane be the sole captain?

He hadn’t exactly set the would on fire this season either with his leadership.

Agree, however should Sloane be the sole captain?

He hadn’t exactly set the would on fire this season either with his leadership.
No he shouldn't ....he should be focussing on his own game ....but my gut says, he will be sole Captain for 1 more year .....Doedee after that

Tom needs 50 to 70 games of solid AFL experience before taking on the captaincy.

He is no Carey or Kernahan who had the ability to do it after 30 games.
Agree ....that's why year after ....by then will be at the 50 game mark, but importantly will have 5 years in an AFL system behind him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back