Player Watch Darcy Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course he isn't getting injured on purpose. So why then after 6 weeks out for a mild hamstring strain does he again re injure the same area on the same leg? Is the precise diagnosis & rehab treatment wrong? Is there an issue elsewhere causing these reoccurring hamstring breakdowns? Something not picked up by the scans or medical staff? There is certainly something we are missing with either our strength & conditioning or rehab practices with regards to Darcy. 6 weeks is plenty of rehab time it should not keep reoccurring. Perhaps an exploratory surgical look may be in order for Darcy post 2019? We can't keep doing the same stuff each year & hoping things improve with him.

Um we sent him to Germany last year to consult with an expert?

Why are people surprised he has reinjured his same hammy again for the umpteenth time? Don't understand how people can think that this wont keep happening, that he will somehow fortify his hamstring at some point... because that hasn't already been attempted to this point??

If at years end anyone wants to offer a mid 1st rd pick + steak knives... we should take it. Another year of hamstring setbacks in 2020 and he'll be worth nothing

Why are people surprised he has reinjured his same hammy again for the umpteenth time? Don't understand how people can think that this wont keep happening, that he will somehow fortify his hamstring at some point... because that hasn't already been attempted to this point??

If at years end anyone wants to offer a mid 1st rd pick + steak knives... we should take it. Another year of hamstring setbacks in 2020 and he'll be worth nothing
Of course it’ll happen again.

He’s completely made of glass, and needs to be moved on.

Very astute observation TD. I trust our medical team is good enough to get him back on the field next year. He won’t be the first player in the AFL to have multiple hamstrings injuries before turning a corner and playing out his career. Imagine if Hawthorn gave up on Cyril all those years ago?
It isn't the hammy injuries which cause people to question Moore as a long term prospect, it is the strange behavior whenever he cops one. I remember seeing Cyril hobbled and hopping as most players do when they tear or strain a hammy. I don't expect to see the extremes like we saw when Treloar tore both hammies, but watching Moore sprint off the SCG last year and then go on to miss the next two months should raise questions that we deserve to have answered. He walked off the ground in the Eagles game without the slightest hint of a limp or soreness and I was convinced he'd dislocated a finger or needed to have an urgent toilet stop. Then he misses six or seven weeks. I would love to be a fly on the wall when Bucks and co are discussing this issue in the inner sanctum. My brothers is good mates with a trainer and he said the club thought Moore was flying last year and ready to play in the prelim let alone the GF but he was not willing to commit.

Um we sent him to Germany last year to consult with an expert?

Yes I realise that🙄
Hasn’t worked either has it?
We have to look at any or all options.
Just sitting him on the sideline for 6 weeks after each niggle has done nothing except keep him out longer.
Germany trip failed. Try something else or move him on. Perhaps there is some tendon issue that hasn’t been picked up. Who knows.

I think the only option left for Darcy is to amputate his leg above the hamstring.

Then he could play for our wheelchair team.

Yes I realise that🙄
Hasn’t worked either has it?
We have to look at any or all options.
Just sitting him on the sideline for 6 weeks after each niggle has done nothing except keep him out longer.
Germany trip failed. Try something else or move him on. Perhaps there is some tendon issue that hasn’t been picked up. Who knows.

Germany trip worked for half the season.

Send him and Elliott again and just don’t play them before the bye. They both don’t have 20-25 games in them, only 10-15.

So use them for the 10-15 games that matter at the end of the season

Germany trip worked for half the season.

Send him and Elliott again and just don’t play them before the bye. They both don’t have 20-25 games in them, only 10-15.

So use them for the 10-15 games that matter at the end of the season

If we are going to hold players back in the first half of the year in the hope they don't break down again after that, then we really are clutching at straws.
Move them on if we acknowledge we can't get them right. We already give Darcy 6 or 7 games rest every time he feels a twinge. How is that working out for us?

So everyone is the exact same height, exact same weight, run at the exact same speed, have exactly the same hamstrings, have exactly the same hamstring injuries, recouperate at exactly the same rate.....Jesus H Christ, what is the matter with you?
I thought the point that he made didn't necessitate using the lord's name in vain as a response or questioning the personal worth of the poster. But I guess as you say in so many words, we are, thankfully, all different.

Last edited:
So everyone is the exact same height, exact same weight, run at the exact same speed, have exactly the same hamstrings, have exactly the same hamstring injuries, recouperate at exactly the same rate.....Jesus H Christ, what is the matter with you?
Take a deep breath. Have a lie down. See if things look a little better after that. :)

Has it been confirmed that he has strained the same hamstring again? Why not rookie him. If he is not prepared to be on that list, then attempt a trade. Having someone on the list who spends so much time injured and is never available at the pointy end of the year is far from ideal.

Take a deep breath. Have a lie down. See if things look a little better after that. :)
If only we could trade posters in the way we do players. I would let BJ walk to the club of his choice then send that club a sympathy card.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People changed their tune because Moore's recurring injury and inability to play out even one game of football changed it for them.

Only twice this year and I could say we should trade Elliot for only play a few games a season

As i said last night,i think most of his problems are in his head.

He needs to see a hypnotherapist who should drum these words into his head over and over again.

My hamstrings are made of steel
They will not break
My hamstrings are made of steel
They will not break......

Problem solved.

I’ve gotta ask. What is with you and Darcy Moore? I noticed that you seem to always pop up when there’s discussion about him so I checked the top contributors in this thread and dead set you have posted 10% of your 1600 posts in this thread!

Given you joined the site 2 years before he was drafted and clearly it’s not the only thread you’ve discussed him in I find it fascinating. Sure TD has his favs (don’t dare badmouth Aish after a loss), but your interest in Darcy is next level!

Edit: my two cents on Darcy. Unfortunately that’s him done for the year. Even if he receives the all clear you can’t risk playing out a final a man down. I think the club acknowledged as much by throwing Roughead back late and they’ll have him relieve ruck from defence...
Peter you think?
We can’t risk playing Moore for the second finals series in a row... and for exactly the same reason. This has to have huge implications for his continued tenure at our club.
If we can’t get him on the park then let’s trade him to a club who thinks they can.
Wills as relief ruck maybe?

Hard one. Trade him and he comes good then we have eternal regret. Keep him and he continually breaks down and we have eternal regret.

Slimmer of hope is he comes good. Still 23. So plenty of time

There was fear bad hamstrings would ruin many players including Grimes, Rioli and even Varcoe.
The mature body eventually wins out - apart from Freeman I can’t think of bad Hamstrings killing a career.
So on the balance of probabilities he will be a longer term gun.

From my perspective (an uneducated guess), it seems to be between the ears. Which doesn’t surprise me, i had consistent soft tissue injuries through my late teens. In the midst of it, it was 100% more of a mental battle rather then physical. So much doubt in your mind over any discomfort. You become so hesitant on your ability to finish a game.

And obviously, thats nothing compared to Darcy’s issues.

A fit Moore would be sensational for Collingwood and at 23 that still might happen. But if it’s mental or continues to break down then unfortunately we need to cut our losses and get a good trade or first rd pick and move on, there has been an alarming trend with him that tells me it aint going to change

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mental issues pass.
He is elite - no trade, period

Last edited:
If it is a minor bleed or awareness (I have little idea about hamstrings), I would take a chance if the medicos give the okay. Not ideal if he breaks down during a game, but we are used to playing one player down this year. Would only be a handful of games we have finished with no injuries I would think.

But just in case, I would like him to go back and dye his hair blonde if it is in his head.:)

It’s so hard to get blue chip stock, amazing people want to flog it off in a panic sell. The kids a gun and he’ll get his body right and show that.
I’ve said it before but thank fu** BF posters aren’t running the club.
I think for many of us having watched the career that Reid had makes us wary.
I personally don't have the optimism that you do that he will get his body right.
Think it will be a career long battle for him.

Some people have thrown around the theory that it may be growing pains, I hope they are right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back