Player Watch Darcy Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't the hammy injuries which cause people to question Moore as a long term prospect, it is the strange behavior whenever he cops one. I remember seeing Cyril hobbled and hopping as most players do when they tear or strain a hammy. I don't expect to see the extremes like we saw when Treloar tore both hammies, but watching Moore sprint off the SCG last year and then go on to miss the next two months should raise questions that we deserve to have answered. He walked off the ground in the Eagles game without the slightest hint of a limp or soreness and I was convinced he'd dislocated a finger or needed to have an urgent toilet stop. Then he misses six or seven weeks. I would love to be a fly on the wall when Bucks and co are discussing this issue in the inner sanctum. My brothers is good mates with a trainer and he said the club thought Moore was flying last year and ready to play in the prelim let alone the GF but he was not willing to commit.

Really? You think Moore was too scared to play in a GF? I think your brothers mate is having a good laugh.

Presti was immortalised at the club for the same thing, yet you’re going to attack Moore for putting the club and his team mates first? 👏👏 🤣

If it is a minor bleed or awareness (I have little idea about hamstrings), I would take a chance if the medicos give the okay. Not ideal if he breaks down during a game, but we are used to playing one player down this year. Would only be a handful of games we have finished with no injuries I would think.

But just in case, I would like him to go back and dye his hair blonde if it is in his head.:)
It seems to be him that won't take a chance

Hasn't even played 50 games and you reckon he is elite, just because other teams are after him doesn't mean anything, I bet they are having second thoughts now
He's played 69. Endurance based actions make hammies less likely to go than speed and power according to the experts.

Hasn't even played 50 games and you reckon he is elite, just because other teams are after him doesn't mean anything, I bet they are having second thoughts now

So other teams offering huge money are doing it for what reason exactly?
Seriously mate - i’d back Beveridges’
And Longmires opinions because they’re not risking their Salary Cap to pay huge money for an average player.

You must not watch much football if you don’t think Moore is elite.
Go back and watch early season review shows and see how often Moore was mentioned as being a potential AA defender.

So other teams offering huge money are doing it for what reason exactly?
Seriously mate - i’d back Beveridges’
And Longmires opinions because they’re not risking their Salary Cap to pay huge money for an average player.

You must not watch much football if you don’t think Moore is elite.
Go back and watch early season review shows and see how often Moore was mentioned as being a potential AA defender.
Potential doesn't make you elite, he's not even A grade ATM, Review shows, lol, are they the same ones that change their minds on a weekly bases? You have to earn elite status and hasn't earned anything yet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was fear bad hamstrings would ruin many players including Grimes, Rioli and even Varcoe.
The mature body eventually wins out - apart from Freeman I can’t think of bad Hamstrings killing a career.
So on the balance of probabilities he will be a longer term gun.
I’d say he is already a gun. A freak of a player with extraordinary athletic ability. Thing is, he suffering soft tissue hammy injuries. This isn’t unusual for young tall athletes following growth spurts. He would have finished growing some time ago but his muscle maturity will catch up.
I think you are spot on. Grimes is a classic example of chronic hamstring problems. He overcome it and is now very durable. We need to stick with Moore because if we trade him, some other club will end up rubbing their hands together with glee.

I’d say he is already a gun. A freak of a player with extraordinary athletic ability. Thing is, he suffering soft tissue hammy injuries. This isn’t unusual for young tall athletes following growth spurts. He would have finished growing some time ago but his muscle maturity will catch up.
I think you are spot on. Grimes is a classic example of chronic hamstring problems. He overcome it and is now very durable. We need to stick with Moore because if we trade him, some other club will end up rubbing their hands together with glee.
Because our medical staff is not A grade. It may be in Moore’s best interest to seek another club that has a history of getting players right.

Do you have a medical/rehab background?

Darcy on the Nine News just said he will train next week and be right to go for the first final.

Believe it or not.

Young blokes need to grow into their bodies sometimes and as much as the fraternity might lament that fact it append all the time. Big young colt is Darcy and he’ll be a gem.

Should have been traded out last year.
During game days He has singlehandedly put enormous strain on the players still battling on the field.
Cut him loose and give the spot to a player who can put four quarters together

Darcy on the Nine News just said he will train next week and be right to go for the first final.

Believe it or not.
He said he's super confident that it was precautionary and that he can train and play in two weeks time. Bucks will have a say in it though.

BTW, guys like Joey Daniher and Wells must piss off their teammates too. I heard Roughie and Adams interviewed today and they both think that he does improve our team a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back