List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
SPP wants to stay. We’ll be keeping him unless we get an over the odds offer for him.

Theres a lot more to his story this year. I’m giving him a mulligan because of it

If we keep him, he needs a ‘tough love’ mentor within the club.

Would love Chocco iin a purely development role, but would he start stirring the pot is the question.

Water's wet, the sky is blue, Choco stirs the pot.

Chocko looking after kids coming through (mentoring /skills) is his perfect role these days ..... he had an impact at Richmond. But he needs to know that’s the limit of his role..... and he ain’t leaving Melbourne again I wouldn’t think.

We have the likes of Chad performing that role - who is more suitable ? I think it tells me we need someone to fill the role wit similar ‘positive’ traits and a willingness to be a team player.

Trying to pick the eyes of the ‘uncontracted’ players.

Cutler - as a half back/wing.
Townsend - tall half forward or mid. Brings some premiership and success to the club.
Newnes - outside runner type.
Butler - as a small forward.
Williams - half forward/back/mid
Dale - think he stays where he is.

To be honest, there isn’t much there to jump at.

We should have zero, absolutely zero interest in fringe type players

Our depth is fine. Half of our sanfl side could easily come into and play that back end of first 22 level.

Our problem was coaching , selection, structure, and some top end players underperforming.

No amount of fringe 18-30 list type players fix those problems.

We should be after young kpp players, young players who look to have a very good future and more draft picks or improving our draft position.

Our depth is fine. Half of our sanfl side could easily come into and play that back end of first 22 level.

Our problem was coaching , selection, structure, and some top end players underperforming.

We should be after young kpp players, young players who look to have a very good future and more draft picks or improving our draft position.

Great post... Our fringe player depth is good already.

Our recent history with late picks has been excellent. Keep going to the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's almost like this clown purposely designs ways to have excuses in the short and long term.

I find it rather bizarre that if what some on here are saying is true - SPP has behavioural issues, then why would Boak not only welcome him in to his house but also as a part of his family.

Just doesn't make sense and to me seems like we are looking to do a Wingard to SPP. Sure, there may be some issues but they are nowhere near as bad as the Club wants us to believe.

You get 40+ young males together and most Clubs will be dealing with issues of some sort or another. That's happened since footy began, nothing new.

Show me a Club without a few loose cannons, a Club made up almost exclusively of well respected nice lads and I'll show you a Club that won't have the necessary 'edge' required to mix it with the best when it truly matters most.

I'd love to know exactly what SPP has done.
Not be very good at football?

Of course that’s what we should be doing. If Ken’s here still (* please no), he’ll want players able to immediately be able to try and limp us to scraping into finals. Then it comes down to if Davies thinks he’s tied to close to Ken and chases dross or tells him to * off and we are building for the post Ken era. I don’t have faith in any at our club to put the club before covering their own arses.

I think it is safe to say - we lack an elite midfielder or two. Our leaders are also puss, and this is why they fail in big moments. Also our +25s all have some issue.

For the right price, I’d happily let go any 12 of Wines, Dixon, Boak, Jonas, R Gray, Ebert, Hoff, Hartlett, Rockliff, Watts, Motlop, S Gray, Ryder, Broadbent, Trengove, Sutcliffe.

I think it is safe to say - we lack an elite midfielder or two. Our leaders are also puss, and this is why they fail in big moments. Also our +25s all have some issue.

For the right price, I’d happily let go any 12 of Wines, Dixon, Boak, Jonas, R Gray, Ebert, Hoff, Hartlett, Rockliff, Watts, Motlop, S Gray, Ryder, Broadbent, Trengove, Sutcliffe.

We absolutely need a few elite mids. Preferably tall, pacy with a good kick.
Think Cripps, Bont and Fyfe.

I also agree that we should let players go for the right price but R.Gray, Hartlett and Boak are keepers.

Sam gray > Carlton pick 39 or 2020 3rd rounder

Amon (keep him but if he asks to go > hawks 2020 2nd

Paddy Ryder > gws / saints / bombers 2020 3rd rounder

Shop Dixon Jonas and wines for worthwhile deals

Try to shake free luko, hately and petty.

Trying to pick the eyes of the ‘uncontracted’ players.

Cutler - as a half back/wing.
Townsend - tall half forward or mid. Brings some premiership and success to the club.
Newnes - outside runner type.
Butler - as a small forward.
Williams - half forward/back/mid
Dale - think he stays where he is.

To be honest, there isn’t much there to jump at.
Who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back