List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
SPP comes from a challenging background, basically sounds like he had the early life of a guardianship kid. On top of that, the multiplier effect of Aboriginal families being so over-represented at the wrong end of all of the social/health determinants. And he is still a young man and they make poor decisions at that age simply due to brain development. You can't treat his social development in a vacuum.

Port likes to go on about social empowerment and community development. Let's not make this a case of do as I say not as I do.

I agree with you and up until last weekend, I was all for keeping SPP.

I'm now of the opinion that we need him out of the club before he becomes un-tradable.

If we are talking about missed shots at goal, then I'll never forgive Wines for costing us the Showdown. Somehow after that he gets appointed Port Adelaide half captain.

SPP comes from a challenging background, basically sounds like he had the early life of a guardianship kid. On top of that, the multiplier effect of Aboriginal families being so over-represented at the wrong end of all of the social/health determinants. And he is still a young man and they make poor decisions at that age simply due to brain development. You can't treat his social development in a vacuum.

Port likes to go on about social empowerment and community development. Let's not make this a case of do as I say not as I do.

Couldn't agree more. As a club we held ourselves up as a beacon for indigenous footballers with our player welfare, academy and proposed boarding house. If we continue to baulk when the going gets tough then we should dispense with the pretense of being anything other than a ruthless football first club.

Maybe we can delist him and then set him up in our 50 bed hostel. mAkInG tHe CoMmUnItY pRoUd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moving past the queries over SPP let’s break down his trade.

Right now he has potential. He is an inside bull, does seem to do the team thing and he could be a bloody good player. We paid for him in the draft but didn’t pay overs.

Now let’s look at what Clarkson did when he wanted Wingard. In Chad he saw a gun forward with excellent skills who could add something to the midfield. He can play now and optimise the current Hawthorn list. Clarkson doesn’t accept or do rebuilds, he wins premierships. So he gave up what he needed to get him. Burton is a gun. But he is a gun in an easily replaced position in a team full of half back flankers. He is from SA. It’s a no brainer trade for Hawthorn.

So SPP is young and full of potential. But playing in a position we have depth in and that is easily found in the draft. Inside mids and half back flankers - always plenty to be found in the draft. He is too good not too be playing AFL but we don’t quite have a position for him this year.

So let’s be Clarkson in this situation and be ruthless. Let’s trade him for the best deal we can get. Then let’s use that deal to get us something we desperately need - a KPP or outside class.

If there is a reason why we are trading spp lets have it stop the secret squirrel bs. O'Brien from the Hawks has taken yrs to come good hopefully we keep Billy and he does the same next yr.

SPP wants to stay. We’ll be keeping him unless we get an over the odds offer for him.

Theres a lot more to his story this year. I’m giving him a mulligan because of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back