Analysis Danger on Tim Kelly + his 2020 contract

What would be an adequate trade for Tim Kelly?

• Brad AND Steven Hill from Fremantle

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Someone from West Coast

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Two top-end draft picks

Votes: 88 62.4%
  • Top-end draft pick and player

Votes: 24 17.0%
  • Other (please specify) ______________

Votes: 12 8.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think one thing all football fans can agree on, regardless of creed, hoop, chevron or geography is that John Ralph is nauseating.

I don't know if I've ever encountered someone quite so smug and I'm a West Coast fan who practices law.

My area is psychology, hence my interest in their emotional well being. Between us we deal in ethics that Ralph will never understand or aspire too.

Back in 2011 during the season, Phil Davis told Adelaide he was going to join GWS

Some players do let their intentions be known during the season, others don't

I feel this is like when dangerfield was on the way out of adelaide. Professionally played his last season out delayed all contract negotiations.

Then adelaide & Geelong worked out a trade.

It all makes sense home is where he would love to play in front of friends and family will be offered a big contract either way.

It would not be fair to release anything to the general public before finals. From everyones perspective, nothing good would come from it.

The dream scenario for Geelong supporters is he signs on for a Plus One year at the cattery with an option on next year and we can have another year of TK trade speculation 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Sling him 1 mil for a year and the Hoops get a grand final berth.

Just posted this on the main board, for anyone who's interested (pertaining to Kelly)

Well done Shadow, I admire you much more than the person whose solution is not to click on it. Our learned friend will tell you it is very difficult to sue the media, the best one can hope for is an apology/retraction. We had to deal with a full page media insult that caused us untold grief, in the most horrific of circumstances imaginable. It took raw nerve to be interviewed by an investigative panel and eventually a retraction was published in a tiny space. We are talking life and death, not football, yet still there is no accountability for blatant lies and foolery.

Even if he does want to leave (likely the case) a deal has to be done. What are WC actually going to bring to the table?

Freo have a bit more to offer, but again, they still need to get it done.

Well done Shadow, I admire you much more than the person whose solution is not to click on it. Our learned friend will tell you it is very difficult to sue the media, the best one can hope for is an apology/retraction. We had to deal with a full page media insult that caused us untold grief, in the most horrific of circumstances imaginable. It took raw nerve to be interviewed by an investigative panel and eventually a retraction was published in a tiny space. We are talking life and death, not football, yet still there is no accountability for blatant lies and foolery.

Thanks mate, and I'm sorry to hear that you went through that. I'm lucky, because my partner works for Deakin Uni, so we get a free subscription to HS, without us directly having to pay them anything. Means I get to understand their BS, but also not give them any money. Do the same with The Australian, as right wing as that can be. Pays to understand both sides, rather than shying away from the commentary

DA fu**? I'm pretty sure its his son that has autism and one of the young twins - not a four year old daughter? Anyway Ralph has gone the early crow because it gets headlines and clicks - that's what journalism is all about these days. He is probably right - but still weak as piss putting it out there now just before finals without any confirmation from anyone who would know.
not just that what you have said... there is nothing new in any of Ralphy's "breaking news" that isn't 6 months old.

Its just a BS time to rehash old s**t - granted - TK might well go back to WA -but what a ******* to rehash old s**t now for clickbait.

But then again, he aint more than a glorified tweeter these days. The term Journalsit is reserved for about 4 people these days.

Go Catters

Nothing’s changed, he’s obviously leaving but he didn’t announce he’s leaving. Poor reporting.

I think TK will remain a professional during the finals as he’s consistently shown strong mental strength. And we need him up and about in September.

Post season we need to get the best possible deal.

It should be a top 10 pick + another first round as a starting point.

If wells thinks the first round is even then we’d need to still push for 2 later first rounds + an early second.

WC will need to get creative if lose him to Freo.

Possible scenario:

Trade 14 + 22 to a team looking to split their pick (saints gws or freo) then also hand over next year’s first. Or otherwise 14+22 + next year’s first directly to us.

We could then use that gabs with our 18 to get a single digit pick.

they're a good shot of repeating the dose this year - then suddenly blokes like Dom Sheed who have helped deliver the goods have to watch Kelly setting himself up for life .. not sure its ideal for team harmony and culture ..
Think Sydney & Buddy.....

I feel this is like when dangerfield was on the way out of adelaide. Professionally played his last season out delayed all contract negotiations.

Then adelaide & Geelong worked out a trade.

It all makes sense home is where he would love to play in front of friends and family will be offered a big contract either way.

It would not be fair to release anything to the general public before finals. From everyones perspective, nothing good would come from it.

The dream scenario for Geelong supporters is he signs on for a Plus One year at the cattery with an option on next year and we can have another year of TK trade speculation 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Sling him 1 mil for a year and the Hoops get a grand final berth.

fa comp hung around that Danger neg. I feel for kelly the system has really done the wrong thing by him... after being passed over multiple times ..he should have been a FA ..and not submit to the draft.... but we have the system we have. The best for all would be WC get done by Ess... and they trade out Pettrochelli... to get a bit more collateral ..so a deal could get done that all feel calm walking away

I heard the other day expert from a the NFL say the the best teams do not get bound up by deal or pick numbers they just get it done.. Most geelong does this ..but I also think that is all well and good ..it has to be more global than that ..you must have an understanding of what you do with the picks you take etc etc.

Be nice to keep him for a year etc.. but maybe the best thing is to cut the best deal we can and just keep moving. Id rather move younger than towards guys in their 30's but we will have to just see what the clubs does.. it seems mroe and more you are worried about the next 2 or 3 ..not so much the next 5-10 ..cause players can swap easier ..it makes no sense to think that you have a 200 game kid. For example.... Do we think Clark will play out his career at Geelong?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why the hell would we trade round 1 picks for either stevens or higgins, just to get maybe 2 yrs out of them? It’s insanity, and the journos who keep peddling it are talking absolute
horses**t.

From all reports higgins is using the talk of coming to us to get a contract extension with norf, and is getting close to getting it. Hope so, cause i dont want him here. Not at his age.

We aren’t doing that.

Wellsy just about said as much last week that if(not a ? Anymore) Tim goes then the contingency is that they will go after top 20 ( and am pretty sure he said but I was well into a nice red at that stage but maybe 4 picks in the top 40 where we’ve had success apparently, maybe Sav was in that range) picks to refresh list for two years from now. They still wanted to retain Tim however. I got the distinct impression that they thought gone.

But they really think that they have cover for TK. Am sad he’s going. Feels like the Ablett thing all over again. Will we get fair comp? Didn’t with Ablett picks. Mind you on another Fred there is that 2010 draft reviewed and we picked smedts but gosh there was talent after Billie and more duds than gems-tricky business talent spotting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This isnt greAt three days before a final... ando would never have written that!

In my opinion - it doesn't really matter if he said he was leaving, didn't say anything or whether Jon Ralph made it up. Next year is next year. WC could be stronger with him, or Freo could be stronger. They could be weaker too. It really doesn't matter much in the context of this finals series.

At the end of the day, his teammates are more likely to know if he's leaving than we are. He tried to leave last year, there's no reason to think he wouldn't do the same this year. In fact, its probably the worst kept secret out there that he wants to leave (for family and to be paid well). It's much easier for us to swallow this than say the sudden decision of Buddy to leave after they won a GF to a strong rival team that they beat in the GF. That was pretty unexpected.

In addition to this, his teammates, the club (and we) also know that he's an absolute professional. He's played even better this year after his initial request was knocked back last year.

He just wants to be the player that he was meant to be. He burns to be labelled as a great - after being ignored for so many years. Even his comments after his All Australian success - he was asked about now feeling like he was equivalent to Ablett, Selwood and Danger - other young players first time All-Australian would back right off from that and praise their teammates (see how Tom Steward downplayed his success) - who in this case are legends of the game and future hall of famers. Not Kelly, he confidently answered that he probably does. (I'm paraphrasing from memory).

I think Kelly would play at this level no matter which team he played for. I suspect that his only real allegiance is to himself as a player and to his family. He'll be happy in WA if he's well paid and close to his family. He'll be happiest if he's recognised as an elite player.

Okay, Ralph has thrown this out there when there is a final in three days. Doesn't effect Kelly one bit. He still wants to play well and still wants to win, as do his teammates. Kelly's drive or motivation cannot be affected be speculation about trades. He just won't let it. His legacy is not about going to WA. His legacy is about everyone who passed on him regretting that decision because he will be spoken about in the same way they speak about Dangerfield. He can only have this standing by being successful.

The 2 1st rd picks was last year if you want him that's what you pay if not he plays at Geelong in 2019...we just were never getting that...I have no idea what we will get I just no want we wont get

The two R1's last year ? He is OOC now but now Freo are in play , he is AA and 2nd in the MVP... What he is worth is beyond doubt ..what WC can find to pay is ... I also am not sure how they handle bringing in his dollars. I suspect they almost have to trade someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back