Analysis Danger on Tim Kelly + his 2020 contract

What would be an adequate trade for Tim Kelly?

• Brad AND Steven Hill from Fremantle

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Someone from West Coast

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Two top-end draft picks

Votes: 88 62.4%
  • Top-end draft pick and player

Votes: 24 17.0%
  • Other (please specify) ______________

Votes: 12 8.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see this being a problematic trade to get done. As I said, WC players won’t be involved which means picks. WC have picks 14 and 22 which is close but not enough to get it done. Might need future picks or another club involved.
I'm sure that someone from WCE will be traded. There will be picks on the table, or WCE will need to get creative with teams who need points but not necessarily specific picks.

I see this being a problematic trade to get done. As I said, WC players won’t be involved which means picks. WC have picks 14 and 22 which is close but not enough to get it done. Might need future picks or another club involved.

I think there is a good chance they move someone on medium money to make room for him... Just how many high money players do they have?
Even a late FR1 would have significant value in a trade next year... as long as we take two R1's it opens the window to trading in a player next year.

Id love to know the way the club is looking at the draft.. ..I agree they could pick up some handy players in that 15 to 25 range.. but the ones most reference will be between that 3-15. Most don't seem to consider 1-2 to be available.

WCE 1st pick 2019, Sydney's 2nd round pick 2019 [currently #22] and WCE 1st pick 2020, for Kelly and Geelong's second round pick 2019.

Basically we would get two high first rounders (assuming WCE progress beyond week one in this year's finals and are around the mark again in 2020), and an upgrade of our second round pick this year.

I can't see how we could get anything better than that, to be honest.

Gee if the club takes unders in this trade I can see all the WCE meth freaks gloating on here all year long

It’s going to be painful

There will be a lot of holidays handed out thats for sure!!!! I guess one way to combat that is to win the flag this year, then they can have Kelly for whatever the hell they want!!!!

Gee if the club takes unders in this trade I can see all the WCE meth freaks gloating on here all year long

It’s going to be painful

That happens, I may just take a holiday for like a week or 2, ;)

I'm sure that someone from WCE will be traded. There will be picks on the table, or WCE will need to get creative with teams who need points but not necessarily specific picks.
They don’t have to trade a player.

They don’t have to trade a player.
I didn't say they did.

But the likelihood of a club not trading at least one player each year is pretty minimal.

As I said, they can package some of their picks for the points eqv with clubs who need points but not high picks.

It will be WCE so we have to work with what they got. We won’t be getting picks under 12 unless they gas it Thursday night.

Best we can hope for is 15ish/24ish/future 1st for Kelly and 2nd Rd this year 34ish.

Leaves us this yr with approx 15,16,24 and 52. Next year leave us with approx 13, 15, 30 & 46.

Adding 5 players under pick 25 and 6 under 30 gives us a good opportunity to rebuild at just the right time.

If we could somehow add a Steven or Higgins on the cheap then great but it is hardly essential as we will still be top 8 next year and then have truck loads of cash to look at a free agent the following year.

With how little effort WCE even attempted to use to try and get the picks required last year I can’t seem them doing any better this year

We really should tell Kelly tough luck if Freo offers better picks , * his needs as he will still be in the same state that he has requested.

WCE just want him for cheap and know that they will get him.

WCE 1st pick 2019, Sydney's 2nd round pick 2019 [currently #22] and WCE 1st pick 2020, for Kelly and Geelong's second round pick 2019.

Basically we would get two high first rounders (assuming WCE progress beyond week one in this year's finals and are around the mark again in 2020), and an upgrade of our second round pick this year.

Its about the best if they dont get something else in... maybe we do squeeze them for a player as well. It gets back to how determined nay stubborn everyone is .. WC have shown they will just walk...and what do they lose really. Kelly can he really let this chance go to get back to WA.. but he wants WA under his own choice...so it the pressure will be on us to blink.

If Nic Nat , McGoven , Gaff now Kelly ... thats a lot of talent on a lot of money .. maybe NicNat signs for a lot less..but still Darling is a recent signing as well.. so does someone get moved out..?

I'd love for him to go to the draft and get picked up by us again....that would be hilarious....just unfortunate that we dont have a pick before WC.

That will all depend on finals the picks technically Geelongs could be before west coasts

I think you're right on the money.
Its about the best if they dont get something else in... maybe we do squeeze them for a player as well. It gets back to how determined nay stubborn everyone is .. WC have shown they will just walk...and what do they lose really. Kelly can he really let this chance go to get back to WA.. but he wants WA under his own choice...so it the pressure will be on us to blink.

If Nic Nat , McGoven , Gaff now Kelly ... thats a lot of talent on a lot of money .. maybe NicNat signs for a lot less..but still Darling is a recent signing as well.. so does someone get moved out..?
Makes you wonder where the cash is coming from. There could very well be someone leaving and if that's the case we might have an extra pick or two that will come into consideration.

If not I reckon fpm84 has a good grasp on what will go down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't say they did.

But the likelihood of a club not trading at least one player each year is pretty minimal.

As I said, they can package some of their picks for the points eqv with clubs who need points but not high picks.
I just mean I don’t see a player being involved as part of this trade.

I think you're right on the money.

Makes you wonder where the cash is coming from. There could very well be someone leaving and if that's the case we might have an extra pick or two that will come into consideration.

If not I reckon fpm84 has a good grasp on what will go down.
That you’ll just bend us over and mock us for a whole year

That you’ll just bend us over and mock us for a whole year
The only people who'll get mocked are the ones who asked for 2 Top 10 picks. It would be the same if the roles were reversed.

It is what it is when an uncontracted player wants to leave but I personally don't want to see anyone bent over because what goes around comes around.

Like I said, fpm84 has a pretty good idea of what the deal will resemble.

The only people who'll get mocked are the ones who asked for 2 Top 10 picks. It would be the same if the roles were reversed.

It is what it is when an uncontracted player wants to leave but I personally don't want to see anyone bent over because what goes around comes around.

Like I said, fpm84 has a pretty good idea of what the deal will resemble.
Your club lack of effort last year screams of taking advantage of us to try and low ball the deal

No doubt you will do that again and then spit in our faces all year

I can see it from a mile away

Probably the most realistic proposal I’ve heard.

That's all true, but there's just no way Geelong will send Kelly to the draft - we're not that sort of club and all the other clubs know that. Hence, why we'll end up taking what's put to us after dancing along with the negotiations. We'd like it to be equitable and fair - and it would help if Kelly was interested in Freo - but West Coast are a dog of a club when it comes to this sort of thing.
How so?

Your club lack of effort last year screams of taking advantage of us to try and low ball the deal

No doubt you will do that again and then spit in our faces all year

I can see it from a mile away

Lack of effort is a bit harsh.
IIRC Eagles offered their two lowest picks which we were OK with - the stumbling block was us wanting a future second and them offering a future third?

I think that is absolute best but won't hold my breath. We should try and trade this years second as we already know it will be btw 33-38.

Without Kelly and given the evenness of the comp there is a small chance our second next year could be 23-26 which basically makes the trade of 22-24 this year meaningless. We would have traded Kelly to a rival for two very late teens picks.

We dont have journalists anymore, we have editorialists that spew inane s**t in the hopes of attracting the largest crowd. Its a shame that they understand the power they wield and have consequently ensured they are so well hidden behind legalese obstacles. Its also a shame they have the psychology of it worked out too. To just sit back and not think twice about the shitstorm you just caused must take some sociopathic qualities.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back