Preview 2019 Prelim Final - Tigers v Cats @ Punt Rd Oval, Fri 7:50pm

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you prefer henderson plays forward? Or blicavs in ruck and stanley forward?

Id rather not disrupt backline - we've been there / done that. Hendo to be a direct replacement for Tomahawk. The pies killed us with intercept marks, his minimum must be to make a contest, which I think he can do.

Jon Ralph is a moron of the highest order

Don’t really know much about him except to say he was BESIDE himself with the Hawk incident. And then laid the boot in as if he was high righteous priest. He was sweating he was so excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I suspected Henderson would come in if organ didn't come up for the meatray not really sure if it's good or bad. Probably the logical option over the rest of the bunch

Id rather not disrupt backline - we've been there / done that. Hendo to be a direct replacement for Tomahawk. The pies killed us with intercept marks, his minimum must be to make a contest, which I think he can do.
The same could be said about henderson forward though. Tried it once in a final, didnt work so well.

I don’t think any of our options are ideal, going to have to make it work though!

Surely anyone rather than Taylor forward - if they are going to play Blicavs on the wing we need Taylor down back for his experience & ability to control things.

Don't want both those guys out of the defensive unit

Geelong starting small looks like dangerfield playing a lot forward then a rotation of guys ranging from Henderson to blicavs to Stanley be quick be nimble.

I kind of don't mind it do be honest

I’ll be bringing in Rohan as he does well when he was the sole focus in the forward line, I’ll be telling him to tackle and harass as much as possible.

The only question is his fitness

Let's be honest Rohan is the obvious late change that the match committee won't be able to contain themselves with.

It's so obvious it must be odds on to happen

This underdog feeling is fantastic - stick with the tigers early, and watch the pressure build. Danger has that feel about him and can see him being the diference.

Dangers beastmode will be epic, he has to know this is probably his best chance at a grand final, possibly the last.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hendo to Lynch, Blitz to Jack, Harry forward and just competing.. Grimes will take Sav, the key is he doesn't get frustrated when he being held a mile off the ball and keeps working, Harry starting deep on Astbury and I have faith Harry will get his share of chances, hopefully he takes them.

Keep Vlaustin away from intercepting don't let Houli wheel free off half back

Hendo in. But actually the shape of it looks ok. But jack will surely run rings around him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If he get's beaten in the sense you suggest it won't be because of Jack's mobility. If there is enough space and time for the mids to deliver to a man who has the room to run rings around Henderson it will totally be on the lack of pressure up field. With out it most defenders are stuffed especially the slow ones.

Hendo to Lynch, Blitz to Jack, Harry forward and just competing.. Grimes will take Sav, the key is he doesn't get frustrated when he being held a mile off the ball and keeps working, Harry starting deep on Astbury and I have faith Harry will get his share of chances, hopefully he takes them.

Keep Vlaustin away from intercepting don't let Houli wheel free off half back

I think it will be a win even if all he does is prevent them getting a heap of intercept marks. Its like the West Coast game in that sense. Our key forwards did both but the most important thing is we don't continually get out marked.

The same could be said about henderson forward though. Tried it once in a final, didnt work so well.

I don’t think any of our options are ideal, going to have to make it work though!

Whether it's Harry or Henderson forward both will have a clear direction to negate the hell out of Grimes IMHO.
Kicking a snag or two would be huge but stopping his intercept marking and drive will be very significant :thumbsu:

If he get's beaten in the sense you suggest it won't be because of Jack's mobility. If there is enough space and time for the mids to deliver to a man who has the room to run rings around Henderson it will totally be on the lack of pressure up field. With out it most defenders are stuffed especially the slow ones.

Don't send him near Tom Lynch he is the one I'm really concerned about

Don't send him near Tom Lynch he is the one I'm really concerned about

Same it has to be Blitz and I think it will be. Hendo a much better match up for Jack. Either way it's not ideal because one of our best players has been suspended and we just have to cope.

Fair point - its the balance of risk, which is why i prefer Hendo forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back