Toast Proud of the Boys

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that their mad monday??? I know there's probably loads of people on here that are pleased that they're all looking so sombre and restrained, but sheesh was that it?? 😳😣
Maybe they should steal a bus

This is a fantastic thread. We should be proud of our team. Too many posters underestimate the effort and skill it takes to get where we did.

Be proud people, we have an excellent side.

I don't think any would underestimate the effort or skill or the fact we have an excellent side.

I'd be proud of that IF we won it, until then to be proud of that is loser mentality. There's only one 1st place and to be proud of 3rd is disappointing and I would hope that the club would not think the way you do.

If the club were to be proud of this year then we don't deserve to win any flags. The club I imagine would be disappointed in the opportunity wasted.

You said the same last year and the year before, I hope you're right.
We should continue to improve next year as we hit our peak. Plenty to look forward to.

I don't think any would underestimate the effort or skill or the fact we have an excellent side.

I'd be proud of that IF we won it, until then to be proud of that is loser mentality. There's only one 1st place and to be proud of 3rd is disappointing and I would hope that the club would not think the way you do.

If the club were to be proud of this year then we don't deserve to win any flags. The club I imagine would be disappointed in the opportunity wasted.
I’m proud of the boys for coming back and almost pinching it.

Its really weird that people apply a standard to Collingwood they wouldn't dare apply to themselves

You know why? On their own stated criteria, they would have to admit they were a loser
True. I don’t recall too many people saying they were disappointed in the 2011 PF win.

So let me get this straight... We as fans, are never allowed to be proud of this group of players? The only moment we can be proud is the moment we win a flag?...

Let me ask a question - Why can one not be both proud and disappointed at the same time? Also, why can someone not be proud of anything outside of winning a flag? Obviously a flag is the ultimate, but there are levels to the feeling of being proud.

i am sure Bucks was proud of the effort to almost clinch it at the end, also the effort to make a prelim to begin with as after all it is bloody hard ... but also feels dissapointment in the lost opportunity and the need to improve. They do not have to be mutually exclusive. I for one am bitterly dissapointed, but proud we did not give in where some other teams may have.

Also, do you realise whether a fan feels proud or not has no impact on the performance or mentality of the playing group or Club as a whole? Why does it personally matter to you whether an individual on bigfooty feels either proud or dissapointment? You feel how you want to feel, so will everyone else

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So let me get this straight... We as fans, are never allowed to be proud of this group of players? The only moment we can be proud is the moment we win a flag?...

Let me ask a question - Why can one not be both proud and disappointed at the same time? Also, why can someone not be proud of anything outside of winning a flag? Obviously a flag is the ultimate, but there are levels to the feeling of being proud.

i am sure Bucks was proud of the effort to almost clinch it at the end, also the effort to make a prelim to begin with as after all it is bloody hard ... but also feels dissapointment in the lost opportunity and the need to improve. They do not have to be mutually exclusive. I for one am bitterly dissapointed, but proud we did not give in where some other teams may have.

Also, do you realise whether a fan feels proud or not has no impact on the performance or mentality of the playing group or Club as a whole? Why does it personally matter to you whether an individual on bigfooty feels either proud or dissapointment? You feel how you want to feel, so will everyone else

I think you've misinterpreted my post, I never suggested or implied that we are NEVER allowed to be proud. I've stated and implied in this thread and many others that I'm proud of the club turnaround after 2017 and ALL of the achievements.

I'm not proud of the wasted opportunity of Saturday, or any of the many wasted opportunities over the years - more than most if not all clubs.

Of course I'm aware of what we feel or say has zero bearing on the teams performance, I'm merely hoping that club doesn't have the same mindset of "oh well we tried, that's good enough".

This is a forum of discussion after all so I'm allowed to express my disappointment, as you are allowed to view me as harsh and unfair and I'm allowed to reply as to the why.

If anyone wants to be proud of Saturday knock yourselves out as long as you allow me to say I'd put that in the same basket of being a proud dogs or saints fan - they'd be proud of Saturday.

I'm proud of the club, not proud of wasted opportunities all the same. Think the timing of the op is not ideal.

Why should the outcome at the final hurdle completely erase the effort to get there in the face of such adversity? Smacks of petulance to me. I'm proud of the effort this year.

I think you've misinterpreted my post, I never suggested or implied that we are NEVER allowed to be proud. I've stated and implied in this thread and many others that I'm proud of the club turnaround after 2017 and ALL of the achievements.

I'm not proud of the wasted opportunity of Saturday, or any of the many wasted opportunities over the years - more than most if not all clubs.

Of course I'm aware of what we feel or say has zero bearing on the teams performance, I'm merely hoping that club doesn't have the same mindset of "oh well we tried, that's good enough".

This is a forum of discussion after all so I'm allowed to express my disappointment, as you are allowed to view me as harsh and unfair and I'm allowed to reply as to the why.

If anyone wants to be proud of Saturday knock yourselves out as long as you allow me to say I'd put that in the same basket of being a proud dogs or saints fan - they'd be proud of Saturday.

I'm proud of the club, not proud of wasted opportunities all the same. Think the timing of the op is not ideal.
No one is proud of the fact that we wasted an opportunity for a flag.

We are proud of the effort it took to get to where we got too, but we are dissapointed that the effort wasn’t quite enough. They are two different things. The comparison to Saints and Dogs is laughable really, being proud of this team doesn’t make us anything like them. The only thing that could do that is if somehow the last 60 years of football history was rewritten.

jamc70 is still proud of them.

I get what you're saying but disagree
Personally, I never felt that the team should have been favorites last week. I thought at best it was an even money proposition. When it rained I thought we would be up against it. When Cameron kicked the first of the last quarter, I thought that things were about to turn real ugly. I didn't for a moment question anyone's effort, I thought up until that point we had been well beaten by a team that was collectively bigger, stronger and more skilled across the 22. Then, the tables turned - which coincided with the rain at least easing and I suspect the Giants hitting the wall. Our boys could have turned their toes up and let it slide, but they didn't. I understand why some would be proud of that and I understand why some people think we let one slip. I suspect come 5.30 Saturday we may well realise how well our team stood up against what I believe to be (despite the media's portrayal) a better equipped, more balanced and stronger team.
AM I proud of losing? No
Can I acknowledge the effort and commitment to keep going? Yes
Do I think we could have won the bg dance if we fell in? Maybe
Do I think the Gants will win on Saturday? yes.

Do you mock me?
Me do that? No. Just pointing out the obvious that you are proud of the boys losing. We all have different views. Tomorrow ill be able to buy a primership jumper of Collingwood 2019. Oh thats right we didn't make it.

Me do that? No. Just pointing out the obvious that you are proud of the boys losing. We all have different views. Tomorrow ill be able to buy a primership jumper of Collingwood 2019. Oh thats right we didn't make it.
Try and find the deeper meanings in life Adrian.
Enjoy the school holidays.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back