Toast Proud of the Boys

Remove this Banner Ad

Being proud of losers........so proud of GWS today.

We have the club wishing them well today. Then our captain congratulated them. Pathetic

Ok I read both right now. Don't mind the one from Pendles. The one from the club however. Why the hell are they hash tagging GoTiges. Do you think Richmond would be doing the same if we were playing GWS in the GF. Doubt it.

We have the club wishing them well today. Then our captain congratulated them. Pathetic
Where’s the ruthlessness to avenge our sh*t showing last week? We should be just shutting the F up about the teams today and just worry about avenging 2018/19 in 2020!!!then trash talk about how we are going to become the hunters, I worry about the ‘soft’ culture we seem to be operating under? ........WHERES THE KILLER INSTINCT PIES??

Last edited:
I think you are being unfairly pilloried here.

I think we can be proud of the turnaround in the club from 2017 but at the same time not be proud of more recent endeavours.

It’s like a child, you can be proud of the child over the course of its life, but if the child gets suspended from school because of a fight you also can not be proud of the child’s recent behaviour.

The two concepts are not mutually exclusive imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers for the clarification Collingwoodity!

No you assumed, that is clear. I know you don't like it and I'm happy you don't - how did that tig win go for ya?

LOL, literally the antithesis of an assumption.

What is the point of this thread? Proud of what? we achieved the same as we did in 2017, 2018, nothing, the same as Melb this year, nothing. We lost the gf last year, did we improve? No, we’ve gone backwards and again didn’t address the biggest issue we have, no key forward. Rich addressed their only issue, and won another flag. we have nothing to be proud of, 2 flags since the 50”s, on par with the saints and Melb. making finals is nothing to be proud of and this club has made a habit of thinking making finals is an achievement, it’s not. just another failed year. far to many.

Club needs to stop thinking it’s better than the rest and start walking the walk, cause we talk a lot but never back it up. Look at rich today, absolutely ruthless, when are we ever like that? When do we ever put teams to the sword, esp on big occasions?

We went in heavy favourites and as per usual, folded under pressure. Rich? on from the start and never looked like losing. reminds me of hawks years ago. but it never reminds me of Collingwood, because bar 2010 we have never been close to that dominant.

culture needs a huge change, like hawthorn did. become ruthless and stop being happy with making finals because when all’s said and done, we’ve won as many flags as Carlton in the last 25years.... so we are as bad as them.

Last edited:
What is the point of this thread? Proud of what? we achieved the same as we did in 2017, 2018, nothing, the same as Melb this year, nothing. We lost the gf last year, did we improve? No, we’ve gone backwards and again didn’t address the biggest issue we have, no key forward. Rich addressed their only issue, and won another flag. we have nothing to be proud of, 2 flags since the 50”s, on par with the saints and Melb. making finals is nothing to be proud of and this club has made a habit of thinking making finals is an achievement, it’s not. just another failed year. far to many.

Club needs to stop thinking it’s better than the rest and start walking the walk, cause we talk a lot but never back it up. Look at rich today, absolutely ruthless, when are we ever like that? When do we ever put teams to the sword, esp on big occasions?

We went in heavy favourites and as per usual, folded under pressure. Rich? on from the start and never looked like losing. reminds me of hawks years ago. but it never reminds me of Collingwood, because bar 2010 we have never been close to that dominant.

culture needs a huge change, like hawthorn did. become ruthless and stop being happy with making finals because when all’s said and done, we’ve won as many flags as Carlton in the last 25years.... so we are as bad as them.
And the way we are going Carlton will win a GF before us

Ok I read both right now. Don't mind the one from Pendles. The one from the club however. Why the hell are they hash tagging GoTiges. Do you think Richmond would be doing the same if we were playing GWS in the GF. Doubt it.

Attention seeking at this point.. Don't know who is in charge of the social media dept..

Nailed it.

Your post should be stickied to the top of every Game Day thread.
It would certainly discourage use of game threads if I was met bet a BJ sticker post at the beginning of each of threads. I'd never post in one of then again. Not that I do much anyway given the impossibility of watching and typing simultaneously.

So I'm assuming you're assuming?! Riiiggghhhtt :drunk: :drunk:

I quoted your own comments, they weren't vague in any way, no assumption needed. Clearly it's your comprehension that's the issue. I'll leave it there as you're clearly not worth wasting time with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I quoted your own comments, they weren't vague in any way, no assumption needed. Clearly it's your comprehension that's the issue. I'll leave it there as you're clearly not worth wasting time with.

Pffft, there's one thing we can agree you're clearly not worth wasting time with. Now let me be disappointed in peace because that's my right to be.

Pffft, there's one thing we can agree you're clearly not worth wasting time with. Now let me be disappointed in peace because that's my right to be.
Beer helps

Remove this Banner Ad

Back