Analysis Danger on Tim Kelly + his 2020 contract

What would be an adequate trade for Tim Kelly?

• Brad AND Steven Hill from Fremantle

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Someone from West Coast

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Two top-end draft picks

Votes: 88 62.4%
  • Top-end draft pick and player

Votes: 24 17.0%
  • Other (please specify) ______________

Votes: 12 8.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The clubs try to stay on a best terms with each other because its very much MAD outcome if they dont.. over and over we have told how Freo and WC dont really cut each others grass..why is that ? Because you really like each other? Personally if I was Freo .. id feel it might be interest to try a bit of a Trump approach... make Freo great again... Mmmmm isnt that what the new coach said? Why do most of the tiem club bid late of nga and FS.. becuase they are all laughs and buddies? No cause they know that there may be tit for tat... . If WC to bid on Henry with their first pick... be assured that it will have a return at some stage..

Freo have benefited far more lately than us from 'go home' trades - why that is I don't know.
Lobbe, Hill, Hogan, McCarthy...

I'm not sure why they would want to jeopardise that. I imagine we are more of a destination club than them and if it did get ugly between the two of us in this regard I would imagine we have more firepower.

It just isn't the way things work anymore. Out of contract players get to the clubs they want to get to, Geelong are not unique here. I can't recall an out of contract requesting a trade to a club and then changing the destination based on what their departing club would receive.
Well prepare to be amazed by our awesome club again. They have indicated that whilst he has requested a move to West Coast, he is a restricted player and will go to the WA club we get the best deal from.

From there it's his decision if he chooses to play hardball.

OFFICIAL CLUB STATEMENT:

Perfect. Trade to WA prefer WC but will go Freo. Done. Ok WC over to you coz at this moment he’s off to Freo. Pick 6 looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm really sick of some of my fellow Geelong fans acting like Tim Kelly shouldn't have picked WC. He is out of contract and can pick who he wants, blame the current balance of power players hold over clubs, TK isn't alone here. Did you have issues when Henderson, Smith, Rohan, Tohey, Stanley, Clarke, Ablett, Caddy requested trades to Geelong? I'm sure many of those clubs could have got better deals dealing with other Vic clubs.

I'm really sick of some of my fellow Geelong fans acting like Tim Kelly shouldn't have picked WC. He is out of contract and can pick who he wants, blame the current balance of power players hold over clubs, TK isn't alone here. Did you have issues when Henderson, Smith, Rohan, Tohey, Stanley, Clarke, Ablett, Caddy requested trades to Geelong? I'm sure many of those clubs could have got better deals dealing with other Vic clubs.

He didn’t OH, he’s pick Western Australia and of the two options his preference is WC. Hasn’t nominated them unlike last year. We can deal Freo. Freo want him, we want what Freo offers which is 6&7 and bobs your uncle. Thank you TK. Good luck with it all. Freo is a fabo spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back