List Mgmt. All Trades and Draft Part 2- Draft edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
F*** me - spend the afternoon on a plane to the back of nowhere only to see the club has already folded by the time of landing...

Two firsts and a second round pick with some change coming back is a hefty price for any player, lest one that is uncontracted.

At least it means it will be done however and this terrible episode is now hopefully out of the way early and won't drag on like last year.

Pick 33 information is interesting - could the club be using it independently of the T.Kelly deal to secure someone else?

Haven't heard anything as such to indicate this, but why else would the club trade out of the draft entirely?

If we lose 33 and get 36 and a second back next year, then OK. I would prefer to get nothing back and keep 24 this year.
Out: 14, 24, 33, 2020 1st
In: Kelly, 36, 2020 2nd
If that is what the deal is we make out like bandits.

33 for 36 means nothing.

2020 1st for second lets say 12 spot downgrade. So 14, 24 and a 12 spot downgrade. That would be huge.

I'm thinking we only get one of 36 or Geelong 2020 r2.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Geelong board melting more than our board. That's a massive win.

Probably indicates which club the deal favours more - especially if the exchange of later picks is favourable for us.

But more likely there are a whole bunch of flogs there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Herp derp you don't get any good players in the 20's. Herp derp picks are worth nothing if they aren't top 10. Speculative at best.

Bollocks.

Kelly himself was pick 24
Untouchable 200 gamer star Oscar Allen was pick 21.
Liam Ryan 26
Zac Fisher 27
Shai Bolton 29
Zach Merrett 26
Rory Lobb 29
Elliot Yeo 30
Jack Darling 26
Natalie Fyfe 20
Mitch Duncan 28

And that's just looking at guns between 20-30 over the past 10 years.

The point is there's still plenty of talent to be found in that bracket. Nothing guaranteed but there's usually sliders. You don't find them if you have no picks.

Hell Worpel was pick 45 and he looks like he's going to have a massive career at Hawthorn.

That pick 33 means something to me. It's not loose change.

Many years ago the SYDNEY Swans did an analysis of all the players taken at no.15 in the draft they hadn’t played more than two seasons so therefore they changed their whole strategy to draft proven players.

Drafting age is too young. At 17-18 bodies have not even finished growing no wonder there are so many misses.

Herp derp you don't get any good players in the 20's. Herp derp picks are worth nothing if they aren't top 10. Speculative at best.

Bollocks.

Liam Ryan 26
Zac Fisher 27
Shai Bolton 29
Zach Merrett 26
Rory Lobb 29
Elliot Yeo 30
Jack Darling 26
Natalie Fyfe 20

The point is there's still plenty of talent to be found in that bracket. Nothing guaranteed but there's usually sliders.

Hell Worpel was pick 45 and he looks like he's going to have a massive career at Hawthorn.

Well considering there have been at least 180 picks between 20-30 (10 x 18 teams) plus compo probably puts it close to 200.

10 players out of 200 is a 5% strike rate.

I feel a bit sick now that we know the details.
Pretty sad to be out of the Draft , feels like the deal we did with the Suns, only in reverse.

You cannot predict injury and in Tim Kelly's case he's had none at all in his two years with Geelong.

Don't know why Ah Chee was brought up - he's depth. Kelly is on another planet compared to him and if he joins us tomorrow for draft picks, without losing any player, it's a win. Immediately improves our midfield by a significant amount.

Why bring up Ah Chee? Because if we valued an impactful midfielder who can spread the load on the ball this highly, surely we would have tried Ah Chee out at least. It's not to say Ah Chee is as good as Tim but it is saying we are acknowledging a missing attribute in our B22 - what was the opportunity cost to try him?

Of course Kelly immediately improves our midfield...I even acknowledged that there would only be excitement when he comes running out for us. It's just that sensation of the lost opportunity in the draft. Heck we could draft someone almost as good as Tim Kelly with all those picks!

I feel a bit sick now that we know the details.
Pretty sad to be out of the Draft , feels like the deal we did with the Suns, only in reverse.

Indeed I will miss the overhyping of 18 yos who get demoted to the rookie list after 2 years of medicore performance then delisted 2 years after that.

Bollocks.

Liam Ryan 26
Zac Fisher 27
Shai Bolton 29
Zach Merrett 26
Rory Lobb 29
Elliot Yeo 30
Jack Darling 26
Natalie Fyfe 20
Mitch Duncan 28

The point is there's still plenty of talent to be found in that bracket. Nothing guaranteed but there's usually sliders. You don't find them if you have no picks.

That pick 33 means something to me. It's not loose change.
Barass & McGovern

Happy to pay overs for Kelly

He’s a jet

We’re in flag contention

We’ve already loaded up on kids in the last couple of drafts

We don’t have any deadwood to delist anyway

Kelly showed his commitment to us and we owed it to him to get the deal over the line

Cailtin can become our new cult hero now that Masten has left us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back