List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a hunch but maybe the Langdon deal might be holding up because we are waiting on the Hill deal to go through and we have our eyes on pick 6 and 7 so here is a hypothetical I thought of. I value Langdon about pick 25, and for hypothetical purposes i'll say our second round pick next year is about pick 30

Melb get: Langdon, pick 6, pick 7
Freo get: Pick 3, Pick 22, future second, pick 42

When I plugged this into the draft pick value calculator with Langdon as pick 25 and our future second as pick 30 it was basically exactly even. Freo will have a ton of points to get their academy boy Henry and could trade back into the first round with all the picks. We bring in 2 of probably ash/stephens/kemp.

I also think we should look to trade out of the first round of next years draft considering how compromised/weak it is spoken to be. Sydney have two kids projected to go inside top 20 so something like our future first for pick 9 (via carlton in papley trade) and 44 would be nice, if Kemp was still there at 9 he would basically be our first round pick in 2020 since he will miss all of next year with the acl.

Just a hunch but maybe the Langdon deal might be holding up because we are waiting on the Hill deal to go through and we have our eyes on pick 6 and 7 so here is a hypothetical I thought of. I value Langdon about pick 25, and for hypothetical purposes i'll say our second round pick next year is about pick 30

When I plugged this into the draft pick value calculator with Langdon as pick 25 and our future second as pick 30 it was basically exactly even. Freo will have a ton of points to get their academy boy Henry and could trade back into the first round with all the picks. We bring in 2 of probably ash/stephens/kemp.

I also think we should look to trade out of the first round of next years draft considering how compromised/weak it is spoken to be. Sydney have two kids projected to go inside top 20 so something like our future first for pick 9 (via carlton in papley trade) and 44 would be nice, if Kemp was still there at 9 he would basically be our first round pick in 2020 since he will miss all of next year with the acl.

That’s would be an amazing win for us

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Crows trying to get pick 4 off GWS, reckon they might go to GC and try get one of Lukosius/Rankine.

Same, he isn't a star but should kick 35-40 for the year and can pinch hit in the ruck.
Crows already have pick 4?

No way Freo goes for this unless they’re infatuated with a player who they think will go top 5.

I’m **predicting that our second goes to Freo for Langdon (hedge my bets on their third coming back next year).

Also predicting we trade down pick 3 and the Frost pick (or Freos third next year) to GWS for their first 2 picks.

Final prediction, we take 2 first rounders to the draft this year.

**This prediction is subject to significant change at any point from now.

I’m **predicting that our second goes to Freo for Langdon (hedge my bets on their third coming back next year).

Also predicting we trade down pick 3 and the Frost pick (or Freos third next year) to GWS for their first 2 picks.

Good journalism.

Can't see any reason a team without academy points would trade for our 3 seeing as you could almost certainly get the same player later anyway.
Agreed. GWS is the logical team. I was speculating whether St Kilda might try and get it to split for a few later picks to get a few of their deals done. No idea what they could offer us.

On CPH1701 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you Tom Browne

So you all might remember last week I posted that gws was looking at 3 for their first round pick this year and 2020 first. Looks like they’ve offered this same deal to Adelaide.

We can trump Adelaide and have strong trade relations with GWS.

I’d be comfortable nominating Green, given the blanket you can throw over picks 3 to 6-7.

Best available with first rounders.

Feel like someone like Dan Butler would be a good fit in our side. Exactly the type of small forward we need & could see him having a similar effect on our team as Sam Lloyd did for the Dogs.

Sounds like he’s down to the Blues & Saints, but Saints have a lot of deals to do & the Blues are in for a million other small forward types.

I like the Freo deal. Gives us trice as many opportunities to stuff it up.

Not sure about trading out of next year’s draft though. I heard Gary Buckenara say it was a strong crop.

Feel like someone like Dan Butler would be a good fit in our side. Exactly the type of small forward we need & could see him having a similar effect on our team as Sam Lloyd did for the Dogs.

Sounds like he’s down to the Blues & Saints, but Saints have a lot of deals to do & the Blues are in for a million other small forward types.
Not sure why people are sold on Butler. Can anyone tell me why he would be any better than ANB?

I’d be happy to pick up Mahony or Weightman in the draft to fill the crumber role instead of taking Butler. One of them is probably going to still be there for our second round pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back