List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why people are sold on Butler. Can anyone tell me why he would be any better than ANB?

I’d be happy to pick up Mahony or Weightman in the draft to fill the crumber role instead of taking Butler. One of them is probably going to still be there for our second round pick.

Because Butler is actually a forward.

ANB isn't a forward's areshole.

Just a hunch but maybe the Langdon deal might be holding up because we are waiting on the Hill deal to go through and we have our eyes on pick 6 and 7 so here is a hypothetical I thought of. I value Langdon about pick 25, and for hypothetical purposes i'll say our second round pick next year is about pick 30

Melb get: Langdon, pick 6, pick 7
Freo get: Pick 3, Pick 22, future second, pick 42

When I plugged this into the draft pick value calculator with Langdon as pick 25 and our future second as pick 30 it was basically exactly even. Freo will have a ton of points to get their academy boy Henry and could trade back into the first round with all the picks. We bring in 2 of probably ash/stephens/kemp.

I also think we should look to trade out of the first round of next years draft considering how compromised/weak it is spoken to be. Sydney have two kids projected to go inside top 20 so something like our future first for pick 9 (via carlton in papley trade) and 44 would be nice, if Kemp was still there at 9 he would basically be our first round pick in 2020 since he will miss all of next year with the acl.

Don't care what the draft calculator says, if I'm in Freo's shoes, you get told to jog on. Why would you give up a best 18 player and two top 10 draft picks for a slightly better top 10 draft pick, a few speculative ones and a meh one?

So you all might remember last week I posted that gws was looking at 3 for their first round pick this year and 2020 first. Looks like they’ve offered this same deal to Adelaide.
Won't we just bid on Green at 3 anyway.

Don't care what the draft calculator says, if I'm in Freo's shoes, you get told to jog on. Why would you give up a best 18 player and two top 10 draft picks for a slightly better top 10 draft pick, a few speculative ones and a meh one?
Only way Freo would do it is if one of the three best players in the pool was from WA, like a Hogan, Swallow, Naitanui or Coniglio. Unfortunately that's not the case this year.

Only way Freo would do it is if one of the three best players in the pool was from WA, like a Hogan, Swallow, Naitanui or Coniglio. Unfortunately that's not the case this year.

Even then, still not sure its worth it. Only way I see giving up what's very likely to be 3 best 22 players is if pick #3 is Hodge, Martin, Judd, Franklin, Wagner etc. As we've seen, WA clubs aren't overly fussed about good players going interstate because they're into them to come home from day dot.

Even then, still not sure its worth it. Only way I see giving up what's very likely to be 3 best 22 players is if pick #3 is Hodge, Martin, Judd, Franklin, Wagner etc. As we've seen, WA clubs aren't overly fussed about good players going interstate because they're into them to come home from day dot.
All five of those players were extremely highly rated juniors. One even comes from a rich footballing family.

Yeah theres Sharp from WA which they could get with either of their picks or could go down with their picks and not up the order to still get him

yeah it is coming from a dees bias and we never see 3 spuds equals a gun trades work but who knows they may rate a Serong, Young, or Flanders who probably won't be there at pick 6 much higher than the rest of the crop. There will also be quite a few WA boys in that 15-30 range which they could target.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They would have to throw something else in surely.
Yeah, no way do we take it. I'd happily take Green if GWS don't have enough points to cover him. Sydney could well try and jump up in draft position to bid for him aa well which would make GWS nervous. However Sydney do have to pay a bit to acquire Daniher. Unless we get a ripper trade, we keep pick 3 and take a Young or Serong.

Yeah, no way do we take it. I'd happily take Green if GWS don't have enough points to cover him. Sydney could well try and jump up in draft position to bid for him aa well which would make GWS nervous. However Sydney do have to pay a bit to acquire Daniher. Unless we get a ripper trade, we keep pick 3 and take a Young or Serong.

GWS have the points but it will bleed them dry and send them back to the 80s. So if they get 3/4, they have their pick of talent before Green is nominated, take green when he’s nominated and then pick a roughie in the 80s. 2 top 5 picks and an 80 isn’t a bad haul. Of course if they get 4
And green is nominated 3 it all goes belly up.

So considering Carlton have taken all the small forwards, are we half a chance to have a decent go at Sam Gray?
Aren't Carlton linked to him as well?

So three picks in the teens for pick 3...to me, psychologically it doesn't sound as strong as if we had a returning top 10 pick. But perhaps this is the draft year where there's no difference between a #3 and a #12 or #18 draftee.
What's your gut feel on it all Devastating Boris?

It’s a no from me.

I’d rather their highest this year, 2020 first and a player. That gives us 12, somewhere 10-18 next year and a player.

How are they going to play Betts, Gray, Martin and Papley? Bit odd. And overkill. If I was Gray I’d be looking at us and we should be seriously courting him.

I think they are planning to play Martin on the Wing and Papley in the middle.

Wheres hawthorns kid ranked to go at? If we do that trade with GWS we could try send 18,22 Frost for 11 and 30. We'd then have 2 picks just outside the top 10 plus an extra 1st rounder next year to work with. hawks could use 18 and 22 before a bid if hes touted to go inside 30

Wheres hawthorns kid ranked to go at? If we do that trade with GWS we could try send 18,22 Frost for 11 and 30. We'd then have 2 picks just outside the top 10 plus an extra 1st rounder next year to work with. hawks could use 18 and 22 before a bid if hes touted to go inside 30
Finn Maginess will likely be late first round.

Think he did well at the combine. not sure if that moves him up the ranking or not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back