Adelaide sacks Burton and Camporeale, Chapman and Ricciuto survive

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprise , surprise.
You have gone from making general statements about board members to now being specific when you realise what you were saying is not the reality.
Board members DO move aside before their term is up. It happens!!
Wtf

I've said Chapman will be there to the end of his term

He has declared publicly thats what he is doing

Why do you think I've changed any stance you are the one talking about him not seeing out his term not me

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wtf

I've said Chapman will be there to the end of his term

He has declared publicly thats what he is doing

Why do you think I've changed any stance you are the one talking about him not seeing out his term not me

You kept correcting posters saying he could not be removed which is just not the reality.
Stop your backpedaling .
I never mentioned him either or if he would see out his term. :rolleyes:
Your argument He is a board member , he cannot be removed is just so naive.

You kept correcting posters saying he could not be removed which is just not the reality.
Stop your backpedaling .
I never mentioned him either or if he would see out his term. :rolleyes:
Your argument He is a board member , he cannot be removed is just so naive.
He can't be removed apart from some misconduct rule

If he is doing his job he simply cannot be

The board has backed him to be there until his tenure finishes

Which he has stated he will be there for

This was on 5AA this week

I think I’m the best person to be chairman of this football club... with all the change that is going on the board has encouraged me to stay on and see thought the next 12 months.”

Let me know how I'm backpedaling please

Most of the s**t being slung your way is from Port supporters. You know the team that hasn’t done a thing since 2014 when they won two finals? The team and club that continues to pursue a similar path when clearly change is needed? Ironic that they’d pay out on the Crows.
At least we have won an AFL flag and at least it was in recent memory unlike your lot who have been spudding it up since 1964

I hope most Crows fans are bracing for the fact that with so many changes to on and off field personnel, its highly probably thr next couple of years could be rough from a win-loss point of view.

Think the current and new admin and regime need to be open and honest with the supporters and members as well. Think a more open and transparent board would go a long way to win back the Supporters trust..

Yes you are!!

You were pulling up any poster who suggested board members could be removed , in general. You were stating as fact that it would not be possible for AFC board memebers to move aside.

Just not true, in the real world people are forced to walk when their postition becomes untenable.
Just because they dont get a letter saying your fired (your naive argument) they are still forced to depart.

Rarely if a board memeber digs his heels in it means the climate is really toxic in that organisation. You dont often see that, they just leave .

This COULD happen. ! Not as you say could never happen.

Now dont try and reframe the argument to suit your broad general statements. I just responded to your crap. I did not frame it as a general argument, that was you in your absolute shutdown of other posters with absolute statements which bear no relation to the reality in the world.
Please with your knowledge tell me how they are forced to leave

Explain this unless there is misconduct

You seem quite up with this, yet I'm confused on how a board member can be forced to leave

If he chooses to leave it's his own decision no one else's

I hope most Crows fans are bracing for the fact that with so many changes to on and off field personnel, its highly probably thr next couple of years could be rough from a win-loss point of view.

Think the current and new admin and regime need to be open and honest with the supporters and members as well. Think a more open and transparent board would go a long way to win back the Supporters trust..
I have no doubt we will struggle

There are some delusional by posters that think we are a chance at making the 8th

We finished 11th and 12th
I would prefer a 15th finish although most neutrals have us lower

Yes personal changes will affect somethings, although as we have seen this year some trams improve with a new coach

Our biggest issue at the moment is our list as it's with question the biggest reason you either are at the top or bottom of the ladder

At least we have won an AFL flag and at least it was in recent memory unlike your lot who have been spudding it up since 1964
See this is the stupid BF logic that encompasses the majority poster around here. The second someone pulls the old ‘your club is’ line it completely invalidates the argument and makes them out to be a whining mule. The reason I mentioned Port supporters is because it’s true, they are paying out on Adelaide here.

I don’t know what I expect of this place anymore though, 8/10 people that post here are cerebrally compromised and cant string together a decent conversation with another poster. Clearly you’re one of them. BF used to be a good board actually, for ages it was decent with decent conversations. Now the floodgates are open and the masses of *******s like you come in here to talk s**t to feel good about yourselves.

lol Carlton fans are terrible at masking their concern trolling.

Meh, it was a legit post, no trolling at all.

No need to be so paranoid,not all of us have jumped into the Crows v Blues s**t-fight that has happened over the past year or so.

Meh, it was a legit post, no trolling at all.

No need to be so paranoid,not all of us have jumped into the Crows v Blues s**t-fight that has happened over the past year or so.
What exactly is legit about predicting lean years when we don't even know who the new coach is or basically anything about the new footy department?

What exactly is legit about predicting lean years when we don't even know who the new coach is or basically anything about the new footy department?

More about the departure of several quality senior players, admittedly many of them are just about cooked, plus due to the Tippettgate sanctions (which I always thought was excessive myself) there is a lack of quality of 100 - 150 game players on your list, and many of your kids that will be given games next year appear to be unknown quantities (Well to non Crows fans anyway)

Be interesting to see what players Reid goes for in the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its bigfooty, its all about prediction, do you think StKilda supporters appreciate being predicted to finish bottom 4

But lets be honest are you offended if sports bet put us in the bottom 5, they dont givea toss where we finish as long as they get the odds right and they make money

From a richmond perspective its fantastic watching Adelaide slowly s**t themselves. I remember how smug and up their own arse they were when they finished on top in 2017 and thought they had the flag in the bag before the ball was bounced. Hopefully they keep that absolute meathead roo on so the club shits itself even more.

From a richmond perspective its fantastic watching Adelaide slowly s**t themselves. I remember how smug and up their own arse they were when they finished on top in 2017 and thought they had the flag in the bag before the ball was bounced. Hopefully they keep that absolute meathead roo on so the club shits itself even more.
And what a job he's done too! Got his mates in from FoxFooty to sack everyone but him. Genius (honestly didn't think he had the brains to do it).

Nobody actually thought this.

Please with your knowledge tell me how they are forced to leave

Explain this unless there is misconduct

You seem quite up with this, yet I'm confused on how a board member can be forced to leave

If he chooses to leave it's his own decision no one else's

If their position becomes untenable , does not need to be misconduct but just falling out of favour they are asked to step aside and in most cases this happens.

Rarely do you see board memebers dig their heels in and fight, this happens in real toxic environments where all communication has broken down and egos come to the fore.
You make it sound like they are married to the role, if it is not working they are asked to leave and they usually do.

If their position becomes untenable , does not need to be misconduct but just falling out of favour they are asked to step aside and in most cases this happens.

Rarely do you see board memebers dig their heels in and fight, this happens in real toxic environments where all communication has broken down and egos come to the fore.
You make it sound like they are married to the role, if it is not working they are asked to leave and they usually do.

Anyone can quite their job me, you, anyone FFS, untenable or not, where people are working in toxic environments or they just hate their boss, all you are saying is he can quite, yes anyone can do that. A board member, a Janitor, a Bank Tellor, who the F cares who can leave, but no one can be forced to for the sake of it

It has been stated the board has encouraged him to stay to the end of his term , the board want him to stay, but yes its within his rights if he wants to quite like any of us, you aren't telling me something new in life

I just said he cant be forced out, except for misconduct, if you want to keep it technical, otherwise yes he can quite if he wants

Last edited:

Sadly it looks like tough times ahead for the Crows, been there done that.

Sadly it looks like tough times ahead for the Crows, been there done that.
We'll see. Lots of us have thought we'd definitely bottom out in the past and we've turned it around pretty quick. We're good at finding players (not so good at keeping them).

We've had 2 woeful years and still finished above at least 6 other teams both times.

Seems like we're finally getting a fresh start with the removal of some key problems (Chapman next year) off field and some dead wood on it. Sad that it took so long for it to happen. Will be interesting to see how we go from here, but I wouldn't bet on us getting worse.

always had a lot of respect for the Crows football club. Good organisation. Good to see them taking some bold action. New coach, new footy boss they'll rejuvenate the list and be back in no time. I think these are all good decisions although I think Roo should have at least stepped down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back